LIVERPOOL VS BENFICA - PRE MATCH DISCUSSION

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:59 pm

ITV4 is Sky channel 120 if anyone's interested.

Can completely see why ITV have gone with Arsenal/Real, and am just relieved that Sky Sports didn't nick our game.

I think Benfica will be seeing a lot of Robbie Fowler tomorrow night. He's due a big performance, and the bigger stage will suit him down to the ground.

I think we'll shade tomorrow night, Fowler will get an away goal for us, and then we'll shut them out and hit them on the break back at Anfield. They are absolutely no walkover, but I think we've had all the wake up calls we'll need of late (Man U, Chelsea, Charlton), and let's face it, we're as good as anyone in two-legged European competition right now.
ivor_the_injun

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:43 pm

presuming alonso is fit, he'll come back into the side. after the weekend hamann or sissoko will be extremely unlucky to miss out.

i'd also be tempted to play garcia off crouch. garcia always seems to produce in european games.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:51 pm

I think he'll play 4-5-1 with Gerrard in behind Crouch and Kromkamp on the right.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:54 pm

I would go with

---------------Crouch--------------
----Kewell-----Gerrard---Garcia-----
--------Sissoko-------Alonso-------
--Riise---Hypia-----JC----Finnan----
---------------Reina---------------
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby PortosupportsLFC » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:57 pm

GO LIVERPOOL! Don't be afraid of Sh!t Lisboa e Benfica (SLB)! Show them how small they are and that they belong to the 3rd division of europe. Make us remember Celta de Vigo 7 - Benfica 0 a few years ago. They have a pathetic team and u did well not to buy Simulão Sabrosa because he's just a diver and they are trying to make lot's of money with a player that nobody wants to pay a lot for him. They can fill they're stadium, but if they start to loose for 1 or 2 goals their pathetic supporters(the most riddiculous in the world- they made a huge drawing in the stadium of their drug dealer president, nicknamed  "the ears" because he looks like a mix of Dumbo and Kadafi) will start booing their team... don't be worried..just show you are very superior to them.
The portuguese press already started to support benfica like they were champions of europe (like you and us were last 2 years) and forgot they have been playing miserably(benfica are 8 points behind Porto, lost 2-0 to guimarães this weekend, and are playing with Porto next weekend). So end with their arrogance please! In name of the majority of FCPorto supporters we ask you to... SMASH BENFICA!

Regards! :;):
Last edited by PortosupportsLFC on Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PortosupportsLFC

Postby drummerphil » Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:59 pm

SL_Benfica wrote:With the current team? i dont think so... if you are talking about betis u are very wrong...

I think Juventus last season answers that one......so :censored: off eh
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:12 pm

PortosupportsLFC wrote:They can fill they're stadium, but if they start to loose for 1 or 2 goals their pathetic supporters(the most riddiculous in the world- they made a huge drawing in the stadium of their drug dealer president, nicknamed  "the ears" because he looks like a mix of Dumbo and Kadafi) will start booing their team...

:laugh:

welcome to the forum :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:25 pm

PortosupportsLFC wrote:GO LIVERPOOL! Don't be afraid of Sh!t Lisboa e Benfica (SLB)! Show them how small they are and that they belong to the 3rd division of europe. Make us remember Celta de Vigo 7 - Benfica 0 a few years ago. They have a pathetic team and u did well not to buy Simulão Sabrosa because he's just a diver and they are trying to make lot's of money with a player that nobody wants to pay a lot for him. They can fill they're stadium, but if they start to loose for 1 or 2 goals their pathetic supporters(the most riddiculous in the world- they made a huge drawing in the stadium of their drug dealer president, nicknamed  "the ears" because he looks like a mix of Dumbo and Kadafi) will start booing their team... don't be worried..just show you are very superior to them.
The portuguese press already started to support benfica like they were champions of europe (like you and us were last 2 years) and forgot they have been playing miserably(benfica are 8 points behind Porto, lost 2-0 to guimarães this weekend, and are playing with Porto next weekend). So end with their arrogance please! In name of the majority of FCPorto supporters we ask you to... SMASH BENFICA!

:D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PortosupportsLFC » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:49 pm

Whenever you play against benfica in Portugal, you'll never walk alone :)
PortosupportsLFC

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:53 pm

PortosupportsLFC wrote:GO LIVERPOOL! Don't be afraid of Sh!t Lisboa e Benfica (SLB)! Show them how small they are and that they belong to the 3rd division of europe. Make us remember Celta de Vigo 7 - Benfica 0 a few years ago. They have a pathetic team and u did well not to buy Simulão Sabrosa because he's just a diver and they are trying to make lot's of money with a player that nobody wants to pay a lot for him. They can fill they're stadium, but if they start to loose for 1 or 2 goals their pathetic supporters(the most riddiculous in the world- they made a huge drawing in the stadium of their drug dealer president, nicknamed  "the ears" because he looks like a mix of Dumbo and Kadafi) will start booing their team... don't be worried..just show you are very superior to them.

I am sure we will  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FC Porto » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:56 pm

Hi.
Best of luck to Liverpool! Hope you can shut these arrogants mouths by smashing them...
As far as I know, also in England there are teams "protected" by the media...while there is Arsenal and Chelsea and even Man United, here is...benfica... So in the last few days, despite the fact they lost 3 of their last 4 matches, the media keep talking about benfica, saying how good they are, and how they will beat Liverpool... Not even the fact they are 4th in the league, 8points behind Porto, avoids this protectorship to benfica... (Just for you to have an idea of what happens here, although Porto is in 1st place since the beggining of the league, the main sport newspaper (Record) in Portugal, in 183 editions since the beggining of the league made just 3 (out of 183!!!) frontpages with Porto...while about 70% is for benfica...)
So will you please gives us the joy to see a new frontpage with benfica, but with the title "Our great, fantastic, unstopable team, lost 5-0 to Liverpool"...?
(Ah, to benfica fans that will read this and answer by saying they beat Porto 2-0, and that Porto isn't on CL, I'll tell you this: yes, you beat us 2-0 at Porto...but we were playing with reserves on defense, and you didn't beat us in Porto since 13 (!!!) years ago...furthermore, despite that defeat we are 8points ahead, right? About the Champions League... well, what can I, (a supporter of a team that have participated in 11 editions, and that won the competition in 2004), say to a supporter of a team that is there for the 2nd time, and that won't even reach the quarter-finals...?! It's like a Liverpool fan discussing with a Reading fan...useless, so I won't even do it.)
Go on Liverpool!!! Without the referees benfica is nothing...just don't let them shot from far (cause they might be lucky and score), and the rest is so simple that you will ask yourself if that is the Last 16, or the 1st qualifying round...  :;):
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

FC Porto

Postby Ciggy » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:05 pm

FC Porto wrote:Hi.
Best of luck to Liverpool! Hope you can shut these arrogants mouths by smashing them...
As far as I know, also in England there are teams "protected" by the media...while there is Arsenal and Chelsea and even Man United, here is...benfica... So in the last few days, despite the fact they lost 3 of their last 4 matches, the media keep talking about benfica, saying how good they are, and how they will beat Liverpool... Not even the fact they are 4th in the league, 8points behind Porto, avoids this protectorship to benfica... (Just for you to have an idea of what happens here, although Porto is in 1st place since the beggining of the league, the main sport newspaper (Record) in Portugal, in 183 editions since the beggining of the league made just 3 (out of 183!!!) frontpages with Porto...while about 70% is for benfica...)
So will you please gives us the joy to see a new frontpage with benfica, but with the title "Our great, fantastic, unstopable team, lost 5-0 to Liverpool"...?
(Ah, to benfica fans that will read this and answer by saying they beat Porto 2-0, and that Porto isn't on CL, I'll tell you this: yes, you beat us 2-0 at Porto...but we were playing with reserves on defense, and you didn't beat us in Porto since 13 (!!!) years ago...furthermore, despite that defeat we are 8points ahead, right? About the Champions League... well, what can I, (a supporter of a team that have participated in 11 editions, and that won the competition in 2004), say to a supporter of a team that is there for the 2nd time, and that won't even reach the quarter-finals...?! It's like a Liverpool fan discussing with a Reading fan...useless, so I won't even do it.)
Go on Liverpool!!! Without the referees benfica is nothing...just don't let them shot from far (cause they might be lucky and score), and the rest is so simple that you will ask yourself if that is the Last 16, or the 1st qualifying round...  :;):

:D Welcome to the forum shipmates  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby FC Porto » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:15 pm

Thanks. As an operator of the main IRC channel supporting FC Porto, I'ld also like to invite all of you to join it, if you want. We'ld be pleased with the visit of supporters of the team that tomorrow will give us such a joy... Eheheh!
So if you want, just join PTnet on IRC, and then #fcp.
Best regards.
FC Porto

Postby 28FEV1904 » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:52 pm

E cambada de rassabiados!

F.C.P.=Fomos Com os Porcos
28FEV1904

Postby GOAT » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:53 pm

28FEV1904 wrote:E cambada de rassabiados!

F.C.P.=Fomos Com os Porcos

..... ....... ..what?
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion