Liverpool vs Havant & Waterlooville 26/01 3pm - In-Match Discussion

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Rush Job » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:40 pm

LittleHobo wrote:lando you are the most deluded poster on here.

going behind against a team of bin men,plumbers, builders etc is embarassing

and not once but twice.

the world is laughing at us after yesterday

champions league? your having a laugh

fa cup? no way...the players have lost faith in rafas methods in my opinion

Pot, kettle, black!
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:41 pm

i am posting this to see if i can see it, it says page 26....there must be more pages that i can not see.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:41 pm

i can not even see the post i just make, WTF
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:45 pm

lakes10 wrote:i can not even see the post i just make, WTF

When the thread acts up Lakes, just go to Liverpool FC - General Discussion section and click on the orange thing at the side of the last posters name and it takes you to the right page mate.
account deleted by request

Postby jonah » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:22 pm

lakes10 wrote:
jonah wrote:time to stand back and have a good look at yourselves all you overpaid premiereshit premos. havant will be playing some lowly team like dorchester next week, but will have just as much of a fight on their hands as they had yesterday against your pathetic display. it will be more of a fight because they won't get as much time on the ball as you get playing your "preety" football. try playing a whole season at :censored: venues against unheard of opposition and see what motivational skills your manager would need. the whole country is living in a false dream world as far as football is concerned, and you lot proved it yesterday. i'd liked to have seen aldershot/burton albion/torquay take you on yesterday, with havants' approach, they would of stuffed you.

so why dont aldershot/burton albion/torquay make the FA Cup final every year??? if what you say is true.

they've all got bigger fish to fry, lakes. :cool:
jonah

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:24 pm

jonah wrote:
lakes10 wrote:
jonah wrote:time to stand back and have a good look at yourselves all you overpaid premiereshit premos. havant will be playing some lowly team like dorchester next week, but will have just as much of a fight on their hands as they had yesterday against your pathetic display. it will be more of a fight because they won't get as much time on the ball as you get playing your "preety" football. try playing a whole season at :censored: venues against unheard of opposition and see what motivational skills your manager would need. the whole country is living in a false dream world as far as football is concerned, and you lot proved it yesterday. i'd liked to have seen aldershot/burton albion/torquay take you on yesterday, with havants' approach, they would of stuffed you.

so why dont aldershot/burton albion/torquay make the FA Cup final every year??? if what you say is true.

Maybe even a whale Jonah ? :D

Postby jonah » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:29 pm

s@int wrote:
jonah wrote:
lakes10 wrote:

Maybe even a whale Jonah ? :D

:D  :D  :D  any chance of a pre season friendly against your lot down at the mighty wessex stadium, we could do with a confidence booster before the big games start?
jonah

Postby LFC2007 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:40 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:I'm glad that some sense has crept into this thread in the last few pages. To be honest some of the prattle mid-game was absolutely shocking. Any red that refers to a guy that has earned the right to play against their side, and has then taken that chance and acquitted themselves very well as a "f*cking binman" or a "fat f*cking plumber" wants putting on their ar*es IMO.

First half we were appalling, second half we coasted it. Once we took the lead our defensive line was up in their half for most of the half, and it could've ended up double-figures but for some brave defending on their part and a lack of composure in and around the box on ours.

Personally, I read absolutely nothing into the result about anything being wrong at our club. I saw a match that for 45 minutes was f*cking compelling, and would have been an absolute delight to any neutral supporter had they been given the opportunity to watch it live on TV.

No we didn't shower ourselves in glory, but instead of bemoaning our first half performance, let's applaud the opposition who gave everybody a lesson in what the FA Cup should be about. They could've looked at the team sheet, saw all the internationals listed for us and just stood on the edge of their box all game. But did they f*ck. They showed no fear whatsoever, some pretty tidy play, and frankly they were unlucky to go in at half time pegged back to level.

The FA Cup is no place for snobbery, and I f*cking loved it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their results in future.

Congratulations Havant & Waterlooville for a performance that did everybody associated with your club complete and utter credit. For us, 45 mins to forget, but job done and onwards. I have no quibbles whatsoever beyond that.

Spot on, mate.  I despair sometimes when I read the match threads these days.  Too many people spending all of their energy sticking the boot in and enjoying it.  Too many people rubbishing the opposition in order to belittle our own players and manager.  Too many people obsessed with running up a cricket score above all else.  Then, when one of ours does something right it's often met with some sarky little dig like "bout time" or "why can he only do that against rubbish teams."  It's nauseating, if I'm honest.

Look, I understand the frustration when we don't play well.  And I recognize that this is the place to air all views, including critical ones.  But a sense of perspective is what's sorely needed these days.  Were we in top form yesterday?  Of course not and no one's saying so (not even Lando).  But, we won comfortably when you take into account the full 90 minutes and not just the first 45.  We never were off to the races but we advanced and some people need to keep that in mind. 

What does this result foretell for the future? Who the feck knows?  Maybe we'll regain some form, or maybe we'll continue to struggle but that would have been true whether we won 20-0 or lost 1-2.  As Laza correctly says (nice to have you back, mate, BTW) we were never going to draw any meaningful conclusions from this match.  Personally, given the week we've just had, I'm just glad to be through and we'll see what happens midweek.

It makes me laugh sometimes.... we draw with Chelsea at home and its a case of "its not the result its the way we played."

We play a team of part-timers and "its not the way we played its the result that counts" 

:D

Ultimately, it is all about the result. It was against Chelsea, it was againt Havant.

When we played Chelsea, the fact that we played well and deserved to win was a positive to draw upon. We played them at the beginning of the season and there was no indication in games previous to that, through our performances, of the level of inconsistency we might encounter. Everyone was bound to be more positive at the beginning of the season, especially with the start we made.

When we play badly, against anyone, it's disappointing but in the end it's all about the result.

It's merely the fact that we've been so inconsistent after having made that good start, that makes the poor performance against Havant that bit more disconcerting. Ultimately you cannot continue to be so inconsistent, putting in such poor performances whilst continuing to get positive results. Somewhere along the line you'll come unstuck result wise.
It wasn't a a one-off game performance-wise as we've put in equally shoddy performances before, but it was a one-off game in terms of the opposition, and it was the FA cup, for that reason (this is where I think BB is coming from) it's difficult to foretell what this performance indicates for the  rest of our season.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:00 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
ivor_the_injun wrote:I'm glad that some sense has crept into this thread in the last few pages. To be honest some of the prattle mid-game was absolutely shocking. Any red that refers to a guy that has earned the right to play against their side, and has then taken that chance and acquitted themselves very well as a "f*cking binman" or a "fat f*cking plumber" wants putting on their ar*es IMO.

First half we were appalling, second half we coasted it. Once we took the lead our defensive line was up in their half for most of the half, and it could've ended up double-figures but for some brave defending on their part and a lack of composure in and around the box on ours.

Personally, I read absolutely nothing into the result about anything being wrong at our club. I saw a match that for 45 minutes was f*cking compelling, and would have been an absolute delight to any neutral supporter had they been given the opportunity to watch it live on TV.

No we didn't shower ourselves in glory, but instead of bemoaning our first half performance, let's applaud the opposition who gave everybody a lesson in what the FA Cup should be about. They could've looked at the team sheet, saw all the internationals listed for us and just stood on the edge of their box all game. But did they f*ck. They showed no fear whatsoever, some pretty tidy play, and frankly they were unlucky to go in at half time pegged back to level.

The FA Cup is no place for snobbery, and I f*cking loved it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on their results in future.

Congratulations Havant & Waterlooville for a performance that did everybody associated with your club complete and utter credit. For us, 45 mins to forget, but job done and onwards. I have no quibbles whatsoever beyond that.

Spot on, mate.  I despair sometimes when I read the match threads these days.  Too many people spending all of their energy sticking the boot in and enjoying it.  Too many people rubbishing the opposition in order to belittle our own players and manager.  Too many people obsessed with running up a cricket score above all else.  Then, when one of ours does something right it's often met with some sarky little dig like "bout time" or "why can he only do that against rubbish teams."  It's nauseating, if I'm honest.

Look, I understand the frustration when we don't play well.  And I recognize that this is the place to air all views, including critical ones.  But a sense of perspective is what's sorely needed these days.  Were we in top form yesterday?  Of course not and no one's saying so (not even Lando).  But, we won comfortably when you take into account the full 90 minutes and not just the first 45.  We never were off to the races but we advanced and some people need to keep that in mind. 

What does this result foretell for the future? Who the feck knows?  Maybe we'll regain some form, or maybe we'll continue to struggle but that would have been true whether we won 20-0 or lost 1-2.  As Laza correctly says (nice to have you back, mate, BTW) we were never going to draw any meaningful conclusions from this match.  Personally, given the week we've just had, I'm just glad to be through and we'll see what happens midweek.

It makes me laugh sometimes.... we draw with Chelsea at home and its a case of "its not the result its the way we played."

We play a team of part-timers and "its not the way we played its the result that counts" 

:D

Ultimately, it is all about the result. It was against Chelsea, it was againt Havant.

When we played Chelsea, the fact that we played well and deserved to win was a positive to draw upon. We played them at the beginning of the season and there was no indication in games previous to that, through our performances, of the level of inconsistency we might encounter. Everyone was bound to be more positive at the beginning of the season, especially with the start we made.

When we play badly, against anyone, it's disappointing but in the end it's all about the result.

It's merely the fact that we've been so inconsistent after having made that good start, that makes the poor performance against Havant that bit more disconcerting. Ultimately you cannot continue to be so inconsistent, putting in such poor performances whilst continuing to get positive results. Somewhere along the line you'll come unstuck result wise.
It wasn't a a one-off game performance-wise as we've put in equally shoddy performances before, but it was a one-off game in terms of the opposition, and it was the FA cup, for that reason (this is where I think BB is coming from) it's difficult to foretell what this performance indicates for the  rest of our season.

I wouldn't argue with that, its just the way people just dismiss our poor performances when it suits and blow up our good performances when we draw or lose. I would rather be honest than try to hide behind the 5 -2 result, admit we played cr@p and try to address the problem rather than pretending there is no problem because we won.

Last seasons pre-season was a case in point, we played cr@p and almost everyone was saying they are only friendlies they don't matter, we will be ok once the season starts...... we had a really poor start to the season and then everyone is surprised!

Some people stick their heads in the sand rather than face the truth (whatever that is)

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:34 pm

s@int wrote:

When the thread acts up Lakes, just go to Liverpool FC - General Discussion section and click on the orange thing at the side of the last posters name and it takes you to the right page mate.

cheers mate
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:30 am

lakes10 wrote:
s@int wrote:

cheers mate

happened to me a few times
bug i think
whylongball?

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:48 am

When we were 0-1 down and 1-2 down, the  ESPN commentator said that this game should have been a confidence builder.

I'm actually happy because we're through, and we've learned a couple of lessons.

A game like that cannot be considered a confidence builder even if you win 12-0. Nor to decide Rafa is a genius or poor manager. Nor to evaluate whether Lucas and Mascherano do a good partnership. The difference in quality is so huge, it's not a game to evaluate these things.

After quality, in football there's another mental thing more important than any tactics, and that's concentration. If you have quality and proper concentration, you have 80% of what you need to win a match. The other 15% are tactics, how you manage the substitutions, whether you're able to keep a rythm through minutes etc. I'll leave a generous 5% for the effects of rotation.

So actually it was a good lesson because Finnan, Itandje and overall all the squad learned that you have to be concentrated no matter what. Havant & Waterlooville did their basic stuff well as long as they could, they of course got a corner (any team that trains could get that) and they got two goals due to their concentration and our lack of it in a couple of situations. We then put things in place with the quality, that could be seen in strikes like Lucas'

It hurted yes to see them 1-2 but actually it was a good lesson. Much better than a 7-0 with no important lessons. We could see aswell that Skrtel needs a few more training with us and a few more unimportant minutes.

On a side note, I was glad to see H&W fans enjoying the most exciting supporter moments of their lives. What they felt inside was probably comparable to the joy you lot felt when we won the CL. Perhaps even more because they're less used to this top happyness moments than we are.

I'd advice that litte left winger Potter to consider leaving England and come to Spain to work. I reckon that he could get a decent full time contract in Spain and forget about plumbing or whatever he's doing at the moment. He could come back to England with a bit of saved money, another language learned and a beautiful woman.

We're through, hopefully lessons are learned, bring on next match.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:51 am

After quality, in football there's another mental thing more important than any tactics, and that's concentration. If you have quality and proper concentration, you have 80% of what you need to win a match. The other 15% are tactics, how you manage the substitutions, whether you're able to keep a rythm through minutes etc. I'll leave a generous 5% for the effects of rotation.

Id say players attitude deserves a percentage also.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:52 am

Consider yourself blessed!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:56 am

Number 9 wrote:

Consider yourself blessed!

ooof ! funny though !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion