LIVERPOOL VS BARNSLEY - 16th feb 2008 - FA Cup 5th round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:38 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:
s@int wrote:
s@int wrote:
s@int wrote:Souness wasn't as talented as Gerrard but was a better player.........and probably the best Captain Liverpool have ever had.

Emlyn Hughes still our best ever skipper for me Saint. He may not of had the fear that Souey had, but Emlyn was a great inspirational skipper.

Emlyn was a great player and Captain, but each to their own I suppose.

Liverpool won 7 trophies in the 3 years Souness was Captain. 3 League titles, 3 League cups and a European cup.

He also had Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish up front for the majority of his reign (not taking away anything off Tosh and Keegan mind you)

I'm not argueing the fact that Souness was a great captain because he was, but for me it'll always be Emlyn Hughes, probably because he was the captain when I got into footy.

Yeats was still Captain when I started watching  :D

No doubt crazyhorse learnt alot off the colousal.

Elisha Scott, great captain as a keeper  :D

Even I'm not that fkn old  :D
account deleted by request

Postby mramo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:40 am

Emerald Red wrote:
s@int wrote:But if people want Rafa out for certain now after this, I won't jump down anyone's throat for it.

Thank you Emerald Red. I truely believe that Emerald comes in more than one colour now. "Green" & "Red" ! :bowdown
mramo

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:43 am

s@int wrote:
s@int wrote:
s@int wrote:
s@int wrote:Souness wasn't as talented as Gerrard but was a better player.........and probably the best Captain Liverpool have ever had.

Emlyn Hughes still our best ever skipper for me Saint. He may not of had the fear that Souey had, but Emlyn was a great inspirational skipper.

Liverpool won 7 trophies in the 3 years Souness was Captain. 3 League titles, 3 League cups and a European cup.

He also had Ian Rush and Kenny Dalglish up front for the majority of his reign (not taking away anything off Tosh and Keegan mind you)

I'm not argueing the fact that Souness was a great captain because he was, but for me it'll always be Emlyn Hughes, probably because he was the captain when I got into footy.

Go further back with our keepers Ted Doig and Sam Hardy, (don't know if these captained us or not)
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:56 am

slickrick wrote:
premwanter wrote:Mourinho is a great manager but he had alot of funds theres no question there...

rafa got money but spent it on s.*i*e

Every Manager Have money .... The question is How many money is given to the manager ??
LiverpoolMadman

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:10 am

s@int wrote:
s@int wrote:
s@int wrote:

Now stop lyin Saint :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:23 am

Bloody Riise the ball watcher, blame him for the last goal, he was out of position again!!!
oakton

Postby LegBarnes » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:48 am

After loads of thinking i think this is a time we all shouldnt be fighting i was so angry earlyer and i said some :censored: sorry to any one i :censored: off but at end of day after reading load of comments all over the net we have to pull together more then ever.

I think rafa should go i know some dont but at end of day it dont matter what we all think tot he point of ripping each others heads off the club will make the choice on what to do next not us.

At end of day its easy being a Football fan when you win ask any manc :censored: that but in times like this we have to show our class and just get on with it.

Lets pull together and come back even stronger and keep backing the club i know we all love.

YNWA coem on lets show the world what being a red is all about.

:buttrock
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skatesy » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:01 am

After this, is anyone else trying to hide from every possible person who is also a football fan but not a Liverpool FC fan? I feel like I want to lock myself away this is so embarrasing. Within ten minutes after this loss I had five missed calls.
skatesy

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:54 am

peewee wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:Rafa will go....tuesday will be our watershed...its addios amigo time for the "fat spanish waiter". :nod

A sad day when a manager who won us a European Cup to be called a  "fat spanish waiter" by a "Liverpool fan".

Yeah.

:no  :(

just like its a shame when people of the calibre of souness gets abused by people who defend rafa so stoutly, souness was an immense player but still gets ridiculed by so called reds for his management, which i might add was no worse than we have now. rafa has better players yet still cant put a winning team together

Yeah......quite hypocritical if you ask me....we can "mouth off" against souness, evans and houllier how much ever we want...but god forbid if we have anything to say about rafa ....

Rafa is a saint....the owners are the devils  :glare:
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:08 am

The_Rock wrote:Rafa is a saint....the owners are the devils  :glare:

Yes. That's one thing you got correct. As Devils are devious. Nobody can tell a lie like the Devil can, and that's what these two did to us. All of us. They made fools of us all; ran our club through the mud like some cheap whore to get off on. Nobody can take their side. Ever. And if they do, then they can go f*ck themselves because they are no supporter of this club.

They have raped the good name of our beloved club. And for what?  Love of money. Money is the root of all evil, so they say. And who is the epitome of Evil? The Devil. So yes, these two are devils.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:12 am

we should have won by 10 goals ............................. end of
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:25 am

Fair play to Barnsley, the deserved it. They should of had a penalty 20 seconds before that killer goal went in, justice was done.

Itandje
Finnan
Hyypia
Carra
Riise
Babel
Alonso
Lucas
Benayoun
Crouch
Kuyt

That was the team Rafa put out, and in all fairness a team that really should of beaten Barnsley. Apart from Carra though who is starting to get the 'Finnan' moments (concertration slipping). Looking at that team reads of very average overall in quality. Dont get me wrong their are a couple of players I do like there but hand on heart they just aint good enough. Finnan, Hyypia and Carra are all getting on but still are very good defenders (none of them Rafa signings). The rest of the team on an overall par oozes 'averageniss'.

Like I said they should of still beaten Barnsley, but they didnt. Why ? The FA cup is an occasion for all the underdogs tp get pumped up, Barnsley played with sheer grit and passion something our lads dont even no what that is. Even at one nil down Barnsley were still hanging in there and didnt give up, credit to them. But yesterday for me was a meeting of two average sides, but the one with more heart prevailed.

Our best player yesterday was substituted for another player who can no longer take a man on, absolute crazyness, it still appears to me Rafa has way too many flaws as the manager of LFC. motivational skills, tactics, formations, substitutions a whole lot of paramount and fundamental methods seem way wide of the mark, its starting to remind me of the Houllier days.

I have lost all faith in Benitez as our manager, he needs to go and so does some of his signings. :(
66-1112520797

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:10 am

redsince2001 wrote:we should have won by 10 goals ............................. end of

Probably true, some of the time our players did look like they wanted to walk the ball in the net. We missed plenty of chances, but I do wonder if Reina had been in goal if he'd have saved the winner - because he plays regularly, Itanjde doesn't.

It's 2002/3 all over again, unbeaten start to the season - we finished fifth, losing to a mid table Championship side at home in the FA Cup except we've just about got through in the Champions League (so far) and bombed out in the Carling Cup instead of winning it. Similarities are worrying, that was Houllier's penultimate season in charge.

What makes me laugh is we've won 20 (50%) of our games this season and in half of those we scored 4+ goals, yet we can't beat Luton convincingly, Havant without a massive scare (at home) or Barnsley full stop. This may not be as bad as the demise of some sides in the FA Cups, however there was a good chance to win it this year and Rafa decided to prioritise the Champions League (again) The players haven't played all week and I heard mention that four is the smallest number of Premiership sides in the QFs - could be three if Boro's luck runs out
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:27 am

Actually what really pi$$es me off is that barnsley really deserve to win this game... Its not as if they were over-run. They created loads of chances themselves.

So lets hope they draw manure and knock them out too.....  :p
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:53 am

still steaming.... not to mention it cosat me a load, disgusting result, and we didnt deserve to win.

absolutely gutted. only thing cheering me up is all my gooner mates who were at manure yesterday and we can joke about it together... just numb from this result. wanted rafa out yesterday... not much has changed today im sorry to say
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion