Jrf vs liverpool legends confirmed 16th may 2010

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tubby » Sun May 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Mods feel free to move this in one of the other areas but I thought maybe we could keep this in the main area for the time being to get some exposure.

Hayes & Yeading FC to host Liverpool Legends against a Showbiz and JRF Select XI on Sunday May 16th 2010.

The Jason Roberts Foundation is pleased to announce its second charity football fun day.

Last May’s successful event saw a Jason Roberts All-Stars XI play a Showbiz XI.

June 2009 also saw Liverpool Legends spend a week holding coaching clinics with the youth of Grenada and playing an exhibition match whilst on the island.

On May 16, 2010 Hayes and Yeading Football Club, Church Road will see Liverpool Legends line up against the Showbiz XI and JRF Select in aid of the Foundation’s UK and Grenada Programmes.

Liverpool Legends will include such stars as:

* Steve Macmanaman
    * Didi Hamman
    * Bob Bolder
    * Phil Neal
    * Mark Wright
    * Alan Kennedy
    * Gary Gillespie
    * Ronnie Whelan
    * Jason McAteer
    * Phil Babb
    * Don Hutchinson
    * Paul Walsh
    * John Aldridge

The Showbiz XI and JRF Select will also include such stars as Mike McClean, Cyrille Regis, Iwan Thomas, Paul Merson, Les Ferdinand and many more.

Activities on the day will include half time entertainment, music and live PAs. There will also be celebrity look-alikes in attendance.

A raffle will take place and the first prize will be a week for two (including flights) at the luxurious 5 star La Source Hotel, Grenada.

There will also be a “Play with your Heroes” Raffle at Hayes. Tickets will be available shortly from Hillsborough Justice Campaign Shop, Anfield. Call 0151 260 5262 for more details.

Jason in association with Global Games will be appearing at the Malls Pavilions shopping centre, 18 Chequers Square Uxbridge, Middlesex, UB8 1LN on April 25, 2010 between 1pm and 3pm.

Tickets are available on match day at the Hayes & Yeading FC ground and Ask Me point. The Malls Pavilion, Uxbridge and other outlets to be confirmed.

Kick off is at 3pm. Ticket prices are £8 for adults and £4 for children (Free for under 5’s).

For further information on tickets or other enquiries contact:

* Ask Me point at The Malls Pavilion: 01895 263 828 or www.themall.co.uk/my-mall/Uxbridge/whats-on.aspx
    * www.globalgamessports.com/site/
    * Chris Ryan: 01895 444 898 or chris@ryanmedia.co.uk
    * Otis Roberts: 07900 803 905
    * Dereck Matthews (Hayes FC): 07816 123 418
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon May 03, 2010 7:40 am

I can never take the word "legends" seriously when used alongside our great club's name and includes Babb, Bolder, Hutchison, Wright and McAteer. Even McManaman is a questionable "legend", I'd rather see the 1986 double winning team crawl around the pitch, proper legends, than have more mobile players represent us as "legends".

That said, I think Germany "legends" (at least) once included a player who'd never played for Germany! And sometimes they even field players who've only just retired just to boost their chances of winning
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion