RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:35 pm

got to be happy at that draw apart from the chelski part
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:07 pm

When will the matches be played? Have the dates been released?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Toffeehater wrote:When will the matches be played? Have the dates been released?

16th and 17th February.

It's worked out well. As it stands, Arsenal and United will be kicking lumps out of each other. Then 3 days later, Arsenal have got Milan and United go to Lyon.

Happy days. :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:39 pm

stmichael wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:When will the matches be played? Have the dates been released?

16th and 17th February.

It's worked out well. As it stands, Arsenal and United will be kicking lumps out of each other. Then 3 days later, Arsenal have got Milan and United go to Lyon.

Happy days. :D

That's brilliant news , thx amte , but i think with the champions league being of more importance to both arsenal and manure , they might play second stringers like for manu  simpson , eagles , fletcher??

Also barnsley boss is happy with the Fa cup draw , must be from the windfall they're gonna get

TYKES BOSS THRILLED WITH ANFIELD TIE
Paul Hassall 28 January 2008

Barnsley boss Simon Davey has expressed his delight at being drawn to face Liverpool in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
The Tykes, who are currently 16th in the Championship, secured their dream trip to Anfield after seeing off Southend United in round four and Davey admits the club is thrilled by the prospect of what is sure to be an enjoyable trip to Merseyside.

"It's a fantastic draw for everybody involved with the club," said Davey.

"It makes all the hard work in getting through the earlier rounds worth it. It promises to be a great day out and we are really, really pleased."

Barnsley last visited Anfield in November 1997 during their all-too brief flirtation with the Premier League.

On that occasion they came away with a shock 1-0 win over Roy Evans' side and Davey is pleased that the fans will once again be able to savour the chance to take on one of the country's best.

"It's great for the supporters," he said. "When you think of the money they spend going on away trips it's great that they will now be going to be visiting a fantastic stadium.

"We've always put our strongest team out to try and win and get a reward that would see us face a club like this. We've done that and I'm pleased for eveyone involved."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N158623080128-1414.htm
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:05 pm

LIVERPOOL VERSUS BARNESY?

WTF???

HOW DID THIS HAPPEN???

MANHATTAN KNOWS HOW TO BEAT HIM.

THESE ARE MY TACTICS:

1- You've got to hold or give.
2- But do it at the right time.
3- You can be slow or fast.
4- But you must get to the line.
5- They'll always hit you and hurt you.
6- Defend and attack
7- There's only one way to beat them.
8- Get round the back.

china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:23 pm

Why were people worried about getting United or Arsenal again?
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rob Sallnow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:48 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Why were people worried about getting United or Arsenal again?

Because last season we lost two cup games in a row, at home, to Arsenal's youngsters with an aggregate of about 9-3 (iirc).
Rob Sallnow

Postby bigmick » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Well I don't think I can remember us getting a more favourable sequence of draws in any competition to be honest. To get through to the quarter finals having played Luton, then a non league team and Barnsley at Home is really the thing which dreams are made of. It might just be our year, which should make the debate on the manager in the Summer very interesting  :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Rob Sallnow wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Why were people worried about getting United or Arsenal again?

Because last season we lost two cup games in a row, at home, to Arsenal's youngsters with an aggregate of about 9-3 (iirc).

And that automatically means we're beaten in a much bigger competition if we draw them this time? Defeatist mentality that. Not the Liverpool ethos at all. :no
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:22 pm

Either Manure or Arsebone are going out.

Chavsea will get through

It'd be nice if Chavsea drew one of Manure or Arsebone in the sixth round.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rob Sallnow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:57 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Rob Sallnow wrote:

And that automatically means we're beaten in a much bigger competition if we draw them this time? Defeatist mentality that. Not the Liverpool ethos at all. :no

We lost 6-3 in the League cup which yes, is a lesser competition, then the very next match lost 3-1 to the same team in a much bigger competition.

I know what the Liverpool ethos is....it's winning trophies....but Rafa's ethos is 'I didn't come to this club to win the League Cup' and 'I'm saving my players for the next match'. So whilst I'm, not defeatist when faced with the Inter Milan match up, when it comes to domestic cups I am, I'm afraid
Rob Sallnow

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:26 pm

Rob Sallnow wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Rob Sallnow wrote:

We lost 6-3 in the League cup which yes, is a lesser competition, then the very next match lost 3-1 to the same team in a much bigger competition.

I know what the Liverpool ethos is....it's winning trophies....but Rafa's ethos is 'I didn't come to this club to win the League Cup' and 'I'm saving my players for the next match'. So whilst I'm, not defeatist when faced with the Inter Milan match up, when it comes to domestic cups I am, I'm afraid

did we win the FA cup in 2006? hmmmm... i wonder...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:30 pm

:D  Has Rafa got a mate at the FA for that draw? :p  Luton, H & W, then Barnsley..... And Jimmy Case helpin out..... awesome  :p
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rob Sallnow » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:49 pm

maguskwt wrote:
Rob Sallnow wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Rob Sallnow wrote:

did we win the FA cup in 2006? hmmmm... i wonder...

Only because Rafa hadn't worked out is ethos....when he did we went out in the 3rd round 3-1 to Arsenal!!
Rob Sallnow

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion