LIVERPOOL VS BARNSLEY - 16th feb 2008 - FA Cup 5th round

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:37 pm

Arsenal had no choice, they had fourteen fit first teamers, apparently anyway. But to me it was still a weakened side and this is why. How many of that starting 11 would make our first choice 11 against United? I'd say a maxium of 6 if the entire squad was fully fit. Finnan (at a push because Arbeloa and Aurellio seem to be Benitez' preferred full backs) Carra, Riise (at a push because Arbeloa and Aurellio seem to be Benitez' preferred full backs) Alonso (at a push when we'd all like Mascheranho and Gerrard) Babel, Crouch/Kuyt it can only be one of them. So 6 out of your best 11 is weakened, but to make it crystal clear, that's not me trying to find an excuse because what we had out there should of been able to win today.
1) You'll Never Walk Alone
2) pass and move is the Liverpool groove
3) FIRST WILL ALWAYS BE FIRST AND SECOND WILL ALWAYS BE NOTHING.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby slickrick » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:07 am

premwanter wrote:Mourinho is a great manager but he had alot of funds theres no question there...

rafa got money but spent it on s.*i*e
Last edited by slickrick on Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
slickrick

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:10 am

slickrick wrote:
premwanter wrote:Mourinho is a great manager but he had alot of funds theres no question there...

Just watched match of the day have yeh
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red @ Heart » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:18 am

NANNY RED wrote:
slickrick wrote:

pmsl lol, nice one nanny :D
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:23 am

kuyt scored v a championship side. hardly setting the world alight.  however dont blame him for this drivel. his not good enough but rafa signed him. kewell should never play. crouch is not the answer.
puroresu

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:26 am

Red wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
slickrick wrote:

pmsl lol, nice one nanny :D

Some things have to be said and ive already got a cob on  :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:28 am

I'm getting sick of this, now it's known I've never been a fan of Kuyt, but for :censored: sake give the lad some :censored: credit will you. It doesn't matter who he scored against or how he :censored: scored, the fact is he scored. None of the other :censored: did, so cut the fella some slack and say well done on scoring. If he hadn't scored he'd of been crucified by everyone, he does score at still takes the stick. You're a disgrace to Liverpool.
4) If Torres has scored 60 league goals for Liverpool by the start of the 2011/12 season, I'll say he's better than Owen.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Tophatman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:33 am

Hello to everyone by the way.

We have now hit levels even i thought were impossible.

As the New order song goes-
"what the hell is happening"
Tophatman

Postby metalhead » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:35 am

god_bless_john_houlding wrote:I'm getting sick of this, now it's known I've never been a fan of Kuyt, but for :censored: sake give the lad some :censored: credit will you. It doesn't matter who he scored against or how he :censored: scored, the fact is he scored. None of the other :censored: did, so cut the fella some slack and say well done on scoring. If he hadn't scored he'd of been crucified by everyone, he does score at still takes the stick. You're a disgrace to Liverpool.

Agreed mate

and no one really criticised crouch today.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tophatman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:42 am

Why do we still think Kewell is ever going to do anything.

Was anyone at the Wigan game,i personally would get rid of about 25 of the squad.

Anyone been to see the reserves,not much coming through.

i'm nearly 40 and will always support Liverpool, but have lost interest over the last few weeks.
Tophatman

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:54 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:Rafa will go....tuesday will be our watershed...its addios amigo time for the "fat spanish waiter". :nod

A sad day when a manager who won us a European Cup to be called a  "fat spanish waiter" by a "Liverpool fan".

Yeah.

:no  :(

just like its a shame when people of the calibre of souness gets abused by people who defend rafa so stoutly, souness was an immense player but still gets ridiculed by so called reds for his management, which i might add was no worse than we have now. rafa has better players yet still cant put a winning team together
112-1077774096

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:05 am

peewee wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Dundalk wrote:
REDTILLDEAD wrote:Rafa will go....tuesday will be our watershed...its addios amigo time for the "fat spanish waiter". :nod

A sad day when a manager who won us a European Cup to be called a  "fat spanish waiter" by a "Liverpool fan".

Yeah.

just like its a shame when people of the calibre of souness gets abused by people who defend rafa so stoutly, souness was an immense player but still gets ridiculed by so called reds for his management, which i might add was no worse than we have now. rafa has better players yet still cant put a winning team together

Benitez is no better than Souness? Are you on glue? Put Souness's entire CV of achievements up here on the page and then put Bentez's one up beside it. Argument blown clean out of the water.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:06 am

dry your eyes thats football. nothing worth achieving is easy there will always be pain before gain so get over it.  Bring on Milan, 4 more years
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby god_bless_john_houlding » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:09 am

Emerald Red wrote:
peewee wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Dundalk wrote:

Yeah.

Benitez is no better than Souness? Are you on glue? Put Souness's entire CV of achievements up here on the page and then put Bentez's one up beside it. Argument blown clean out of the water.

What's the difference between calling a manager a "fat waiter" and a player some of the things Souness has been called. They both led us to european cup glory. Souness was our captain in 81, he picked the trophy up, does that go out the window because of his mangerial days?

I don't agree with calling Benitez a "fat waiter" but it's the same for both.
god_bless_john_houlding

Postby Tophatman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:12 am

Hey big al,

We have had thats just football for the past how many years.

We are the best team in the world and i am not interested in  mediocracy.If thats how you psell it!!!
Tophatman

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion