Hyypia agrees new liverpool deal - 2008

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:09 pm

Good news?? Dunno whether he'll be playing still in 2008? ???

BBC Sport:

Hyypia agrees new Liverpool deal

Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has agreed a new contract at Anfield.

The 31-year-old Finn's new deal will keep him at Anfield until 2008.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:11 pm

Nice one Sammy .. a true and committed red.. :) This is also on the LFC.tv site
Last edited by zarababe on Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:15 pm

i'm a hyypia fan, but as his age, what the hell are we doing giving him a 3 year contract? surely we would be better offering him a contract on a season by season basis? ???
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gareth G » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:25 pm

I'm delighted we have got his service's for another few year's, an awesome player and a true red. There will be a coaching role for him when he finishes his contract in my opinion. He would be so valuable to learn up and coming defender's such as Zak etc.

Let the good time's role.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby muttleyp » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:30 am

Hypia has been a faithull servent to the cause, and has played amazingly for us over the last few seasons. However i dont think a 3 year contract for someone of his age is justified. I would have thought 2 at the max or a rolling contract.
Surely if we are looking to buy a new centre back and looking to bring in Zak, then Hypia must only be getting a 3 year contract to provide experienced cover (like Pellegrino did) for the second and third year of that contract.
muttleyp

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:37 am

i believe Rafa do have plans for Hyppia so i guess that's the main reason on why he was offered the extension of 3 yrs contract.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Big Niall » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:01 pm

another bit of :censored: business by LFC. Hypia was a great centre back and was fantastic in 2001, he is on the slide big time though and I don't think he should be starting (we need a centre back to partner JC).

I wouldn't have minded see him go - I know it sounds mean but nobody beats father time. a year rolling would be smart as no bigger club would come for him.

3 years is madness, I mean if he's on 40k a week (I've no idea just a rough guess) then that is 6million for a centre back with very little left. MADNESS.

What do I expect from a club with liverpools business acumen (how often sell players at a profit?)

:censored: business. I don't care if he's red through and through and may coach, can you imagine what he'll be like in 3 years? he'd make pelegrino look like Carl Lewis.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:08 pm

What a Junkie?

:laugh:
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:14 pm

another bit of business by LFC. Hypia was a great centre back and was fantastic in 2001, he is on the slide big time though and I don't think he should be starting (we need a centre back to partner JC).

I wouldn't have minded see him go - I know it sounds mean but nobody beats father time. a year rolling would be smart as no bigger club would come for him.

3 years is madness, I mean if he's on 40k a week (I've no idea just a rough guess) then that is 6million for a centre back with very little left. MADNESS.

What do I expect from a club with liverpools business acumen (how often sell players at a profit?)

business. I don't care if he's red through and through and may coach, can you imagine what he'll be like in 3 years? he'd make pelegrino look like Carl Lewis.

First of all, calm the f#ck down. Since when did players stay at a club based on their contract? If he's signed for three more years than it doesn't mean that he will be here for three years as we can sell him before that time is up. And when we do try to sell him we can ask more money for him because of his contract.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:08 pm

whilst he might not be the quickest he can still do a solid job. people want to remember some of the centre halfs we had in the 90`s and the way we looked like the keystone cops everytime some half @rsed outfit lofted a ball into our box. i often sat with head in hands watching the likes of phil babb, gary ablett and nicky tanner make even the basics like booting the f@cking ball clear look as difficult as alchemy or something.
i`m no houllier fan but the day he bought hypia was one of the best bits of business this club had done in a decade.
i rate him alongside the likes of jockey hansen and hughes as a true reds defensive legend and if this contract does end up as a bit of a thank you well in my opinion he`s deserved it.
our defence isnt as bad as its being made out to be.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:09 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:whilst he might not be the quickest he can still do a solid job. people want to remember some of the centre halfs we had in the 90`s and the way we looked like the keystone cops everytime some half @rsed outfit lofted a ball into our box. i often sat with head in hands watching the likes of phil babb, gary ablett and nicky tanner make even the basics like booting the f@cking ball clear look as difficult as alchemy or something.
i`m no houllier fan but the day he bought hypia was one of the best bits of business this club had done in a decade.
i rate him alongside the likes of jockey hansen and hughes as a true reds defensive legend and if this contract does end up as a bit of a thank you well in my opinion he`s deserved it.
our defence isnt as bad as its being made out to be.

So true.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:36 pm

I love Sammi, but the only way this contract is a good one is if they allow motorized wheelchairs on the pitch in the next season or two.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:18 am

jeffiroquai wrote:I love Sammi, but the only way this contract is a good one is if they allow motorized wheelchairs on the pitch in the next season or two.

alan stubbs and john terry aren`t quick by any means but they played for teams that finished above us.
the only time sami looks really in trouble is when our fullbacks go awol and he`s dragged out wide. this problem only really occurs when glory boys like riise or zenden occupy the left back spot so if you play someone disciplined like warnock the problem is solved. believe me a quick striker will get the chance one on one to expose a centre half once or twice in a game, if you cant defend the long ball you are in the sh1t all f@cking match long.i`d take a slow sami over a quick phil babb anyday.
another thing taken for granted since sami came into the side is that our centre halfs aren`t `bullied` anymore. this used to be quite a common thing with strong target men like mark hughes often turning games that looked in the bag by roughing up our defenders. even players like drogba and ferguson ( lets face it before sami duncan had a field day in derbys) who are real handfuls get no change out of the tough fin.
no one plays ferguson like hypia. i`d like to see andrade take on a fired up ferguson in a derby! sami deserves a medal for his work against everton.
these things are taken for granted. pace helps but its not everything.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:27 am

You make a good point but Andrade is class. We need a CB and fast, Andrade would fit that bill. Andrade and Hyypia can rotate through out the season, but we definetly need a good CB.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Luis Garcia » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:35 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:Good news?? Dunno whether he'll be playing still in 2008? ???

BBC Sport:

Hyypia agrees new Liverpool deal

Liverpool defender Sami Hyypia has agreed a new contract at Anfield.

The 31-year-old Finn's new deal will keep him at Anfield until 2008.

Where are LFc getting all this contract cash from!

I bet Carra had a pay rise too in his new deal.

is hyypia on 7 pounds an hour now?

:p
Luis Garcia

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion