LIVERPOOL VS MIDDLESBROUGH - 23rd feb 2008, ko 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:38 am

It's already Wednesday and nobody has started the match thread, lazy b@stards. :D  Anyway I really hope that the team has regained confidence from the Inter match and we can start seeing improvement in the league.  Carragher will be out of the game, but I think Skrtel should have no problems.

Reina
Finnan,Skrtel,Hyppia,Risse
Pennant,Gerrard,Lucas,Babel
           Kuyt,Torres

I really, really dislike Boro and hope that we give them a real :censored: kicking on Sat.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby big al » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:48 am

bad bob i have been trying to pm you but cant any ideas
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:53 am

I'd be very surprised not to see Benayoun, Alonso and Riise start. I fully expect to see a park the bus exercise once again from 'Boro, and Benayoun's a must start for me. Space infiltrators at the ready.

It's a crucial game in that we can't afford to slip up and lose any ground for fourth. We have the top three to come, so it's really a must win. We might end up in a precarious position fourth-spot-wise if we don't win this, and that would put extra pressure on us to perform in Europe which we can do without.

It's bound to feel like a bit of a come down compared to the Inter game, but I'd imagine those who weren't involved against Inter will want to be in with a shout of playing in the second leg.
LFC2007

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:32 am

Boro's defence has been weakend by the departure of woodgate but their strike force has been boosted by the addition of alfonso alves , a very dangerous player . We need to mark him and shut him out. I'd go for 2 changes from the inter gaem but the core shud be the same

Reina
Finnan                                   Carra            Skrtel                  Riise

Gerrard                                 Masch            Lucas                Babel

Kuyt
                                                        Torres
I'd expect agger be given some part in this match , and with this team and morale high after inter i'd expect a 2-0 win
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The_Rock » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:41 am

It seems the worse our domestic campaign because the more focused rafa becomes on the champions league.....  :D

Anyway...can see this being a boring 0-0 draw. Boro are one of the most boring teams in this league....and to be honest not at all looking forward to this match.

From now on....i will only be concentrating on champions league...... :buttrock
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:52 am

Lets tw@t the smogs, I really hate Boro what is the point in them?

Park the bus job just keep peppering them with shots all day until we break the deadlock, the lads should be full of confidence now.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:44 am

this looks like a 0-0 to me.........sorry
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:49 am

lakes10 wrote:this looks like a 0-0 to me.........sorry

Sounds like your hoping for 0-0 Lakes.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:54 am

I also predict a 0-0 with Rafa making about 5 changes to the team, although that is NOT what I'm hoping for, I'm hoping for the same team except Crouch and Riise starting and a 6-0 win to us  :wwww  :wwww
heimdall

Postby lakes10 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:55 am

Ciggy wrote:
lakes10 wrote:this looks like a 0-0 to me.........sorry

Sounds like your hoping for 0-0 Lakes.

I think some on here get me wrong Ciggy, there is nothing i would love more than for me to be proved wrong and for Rafa to now go and win all the games left in the prem and end up 3rd and show us that ge can be a Prem manager.

But thats not gong to happen.

At the start of this football year i gave Rafa a clean sheet, he looked as if he built a great team (i still think he has and its good enough to win the prem) but only after a few games the old Rafa come back.

there will be about 6 changes in this team at the weekend and thats why it will be 0-0. i hope i am wrong.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:14 pm

Ive got to agree with Lakes.  The man can't help himself. 

I think he will bring Risse back in, possibly Alonso, Kuyt or Torres will be rested, Arbleloa will probably get a game and Sami will probably be rested. Yossi might come in..  but honestly who can predict a Rafa team???

I'd like to see a very similar team to Tuesday, no more than 2 changes and another big performace from the reds.  These are the sort of games we have struggled with this season.  If we get an early goal we may go on to batter them, if its still 0-0 after 60 mins I reckon we will get beat 1-0.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Boocity » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:00 pm

I would like to see Babel being given a go up front, my choice would be

Reina
Finnan                 Carra       Skrtel                  Aurelio

Gerrard                Masch      Lucas             Benayoun/Kewel

Torres     Babel
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedBlood » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:59 pm

Team id play:                                       Reina

Carragher        Skrtel            Finnan     

Alonso

Lucas               Mascherano             

Pennant             Gerrard                Babel

Torres   

Wierd formation i know but :censored: it where at home lets get all r best players on the pitch dominate them they wont beable to get the ball off that team

subs:    hyypia crouch benayoun arebola kuyt
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby RedBlood » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:02 pm

yet but predicting 0-0 against boro at home.....................that just takes the :censored:

:censored: hell show some sort of passion 4 ur team...............................jesus

YNWA

:blues:
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby SupitsJonF » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:55 pm

1-0 from another late Gerrard goal, he has been hitting a couple of those recently.
SupitsJonF

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion