LIVERPOOL VS MIDDLESBROUGH - 23rd feb 2008, ko 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:00 pm

maguskwt wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:That reminds me of when I played American Football in High School, our coach was ALWAYS telling us about how good the other team  was even though we knew they were :censored:. but he was constantly reinforcing or maybe in some cases lying to us about the quality of the other team and if it wasn't that then their coach had great tactics and if you don't prepare for them they will trick you on the pitch and make you look silly.  And then there was always the "if don't take care of the little guys, the big games don't matter" speech.   And on the flip side, when we would play the perenial champions, the speech was, we are just as good as them and 'Dematha" is only just a name.  In fact, to really reinforce it we called ourselves by their nickname all week so that when gameday came around we wouldn't be subconciously be beaten by the other team just showing up with Dematha on their shirts.

very interesting insight joe... i'm not saying that rafa doesn't know all those things or that he fails to do it... but maybe the way he inspire players aren't getting the necessary effects? I don't know... but it seems to me managers like ferguson, wenger and mourinho seem to have alot of effects on their players... I sometimes question whether the players are ready to die for the manager... perhaps there IS a dressing room problem which is fueling all these lacklustre performances... but this alleged motivation problem didn't start recently...

ps. take note all ye 'anti-rafas', a 'pro-rafa' just slammed rafa...and i'll put in this small note everytime I slam rafa so that the myth that pro-rafas think rafa can do no wrong is laid to rest forever... how many 'rafa's' was that in one sentece?

I wasn't SLAMMING Rafa, I was just pointing out something from my own AMATEUR sports career. Profesionals should not require such motivation, and it really shouldn't be Rafa's job to focus on telling the player "hey you need to play hard" as a pro the focus should be on I need you to add width on the right when you come in and look for this guy cutting in to the far post, they have a weakness there.  Also would like to point out that in my HS career, all the pre-game hype up inspiring talk, really could only impact the energy of the team for the first 5-10 minutes of either half.  Even then it would only be to the extent to get your adrenaline pumped up higher, which on some cases could be detremental because it could :censored: with your thinking and you could make a dumb mistake cuz you were just so hyped to hit somebody ( not sure how much that would apply to footy)
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:09 pm

bigmick wrote:I actually like Kuyt on the left wing (I decided this after i saw him play there against Inter). I think he's better than anybody else we've got there at the moment. That's because we haven't got a wide midfielder of genuine quality at the club (with the obvious exception  of the captain). If that renders the squad incapable of doing anything in English football (which it emphatically doesn't in my view) then it's probably because we haven't bought the right players. Out there I know but that's how I see it to be perfectly honest.

Do you know what Mick i make you right on the Kuyt bit ive had the same feeling myself regarding him playing out left the past couple of games , He seems to have a new spring in his step and he can certainly cross a ball considering hes not a natural winger and at the mo hes doing a better job than anyone else in that position, hes great at tracking back at helpin the left back .

Can we dream that Raffa is doing a Bob here?

Turning a striker into one of the best midfielders this club has seen ie Kennedy

Turning a striker into a well we will have to wait a see left midfielder

well i did say i was dreamin :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:16 am

Back in Spain after my first time at Anfield...unforgettable, still thrilled. Thanx to the one on my right xD I hope you keep that scarf, in three years we'll be playing in La Liga
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:52 am

Huck wrote:Back in Spain after my first time at Anfield...unforgettable, still thrilled. Thanx to the one on my right xD I hope you keep that scarf, in three years we'll be playing in La Liga

were was you sittin was you with all the lads in the main stand with the Spanish flag
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Huck » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:42 pm

At the Kop, opposite to scoreboard corner. I'm making a compilation with all the chants lyrics I could recognize there  :D   hilarious. Know what? The one that most comes to mi mind is the one that says "They don't care about Rafa..."  why will it be? Personally, I hope LFC will sonn stop being run just as another company.
Merengues and Reds together
Huck

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:25 pm

Aliadiere has had his ban increased from 3 matches to 4 matches after his appeal :D While I thought a sending off was a bit harsh, he could hardly have expected to get away with an appeal after slapping Masch.
account deleted by request

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:45 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
maguskwt wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:That reminds me of when I played American Football in High School, our coach was ALWAYS telling us about how good the other team  was even though we knew they were :censored:. but he was constantly reinforcing or maybe in some cases lying to us about the quality of the other team and if it wasn't that then their coach had great tactics and if you don't prepare for them they will trick you on the pitch and make you look silly.  And then there was always the "if don't take care of the little guys, the big games don't matter" speech.   And on the flip side, when we would play the perenial champions, the speech was, we are just as good as them and 'Dematha" is only just a name.  In fact, to really reinforce it we called ourselves by their nickname all week so that when gameday came around we wouldn't be subconciously be beaten by the other team just showing up with Dematha on their shirts.

very interesting insight joe... i'm not saying that rafa doesn't know all those things or that he fails to do it... but maybe the way he inspire players aren't getting the necessary effects? I don't know... but it seems to me managers like ferguson, wenger and mourinho seem to have alot of effects on their players... I sometimes question whether the players are ready to die for the manager... perhaps there IS a dressing room problem which is fueling all these lacklustre performances... but this alleged motivation problem didn't start recently...

ps. take note all ye 'anti-rafas', a 'pro-rafa' just slammed rafa...and i'll put in this small note everytime I slam rafa so that the myth that pro-rafas think rafa can do no wrong is laid to rest forever... how many 'rafa's' was that in one sentece?

I wasn't SLAMMING Rafa, I was just pointing out something from my own AMATEUR sports career. Profesionals should not require such motivation, and it really shouldn't be Rafa's job to focus on telling the player "hey you need to play hard" as a pro the focus should be on I need you to add width on the right when you come in and look for this guy cutting in to the far post, they have a weakness there.  Also would like to point out that in my HS career, all the pre-game hype up inspiring talk, really could only impact the energy of the team for the first 5-10 minutes of either half.  Even then it would only be to the extent to get your adrenaline pumped up higher, which on some cases could be detremental because it could :censored: with your thinking and you could make a dumb mistake cuz you were just so hyped to hit somebody ( not sure how much that would apply to footy)

not you... i was talking about myself... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:47 pm

s@int wrote:Aliadiere has had his ban increased from 3 matches to 4 matches after his appeal :D While I thought a sending off was a bit harsh, he could hardly have expected to get away with an appeal after slapping Masch.

:laugh:  :laugh: that is hilarious
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:05 pm

s@int wrote:Aliadiere has had his ban increased from 3 matches to 4 matches after his appeal :D While I thought a sending off was a bit harsh, he could hardly have expected to get away with an appeal after slapping Masch.

SUrprised southgate did not stop him , he's such an experienced player and he pratically knows how the Fa works , there was no way they were going to reduce the ban , they just upped it , as they saw the only reason masch put his hand on the mouth of alidere if he had said something , which i think he did , deserves it , think he's the best jus cos he's playing regular footie now .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:11 pm

Toffeehater wrote:

SUrprised southgate did not stop him , he's such an experienced player and he pratically knows how the Fa works , there was no way they were going to reduce the ban , they just upped it , as they saw the only reason masch put his hand on the mouth of alidere if he had said something , which i think he did , deserves it , think he's the best jus cos he's playing regular footie now .

mash only put his hand on his boggy pipe wasnt any thing bad was like a clip from the 3 stooges i lmao when i heard they made it 4 matchs they should have kept there mouths shut.

i bet southgate was like "oooo why I outa"

Aliadiere one in middle mash to the left
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:27 pm

maguskwt wrote:

:laugh:  :laugh: that is hilarious

The FA were unlikely to reverse the ban, even had it been a yellow each for being silly he would have gone. I'm glad the FA have increased the ban, not because of who it is or who he plays for, but I'm bored with all these failed appeals and no ban increase. Maybe a failed appeal should carry an automatic extra game ban, they were trying their luck and got unlucky. I think Mascherano was giving a playful slap although to differentiate between what he did and what Aliadiere did was always likely to cause resentment
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:48 pm

has this thread run its course, the match was quite some time ago now

needs locking
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:15 pm

I agree

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous