Liverpool v west ham

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:35 pm

slickrick wrote:will people plz stop coming on an saying stuff like "oh we're still top of the table" and :censored: like that! chelsea are playin :censored: and utd made a dreadful start yet there within 1-3 points of us respectively! we should be 10 points clear! when we finish 10 points off top at the end of the year which i believe we will, will them same peole come back on say well we were top in december, :censored: off

Say that again in English :laugh:

Well we are top of the table unless i cant read it right or its upside down
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby rafa09 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:38 pm

is this really a LFC forum :help  :help because theres some REAL stupid :censored: here DECEMBER 2ND TOP OF PREM. what do you want
rafa09

Postby Koptite » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:38 pm

slickrick wrote:will people plz stop coming on an saying stuff like "oh we're still top of the table" and :censored: like that! chelsea are playin :censored: and utd made a dreadful start yet there within 1-3 points of us respectively! we should be 10 points clear! when we finish 10 points off top at the end of the year which i believe we will, will them same peole come back on say well we were top in december, :censored: off

well where would you rather be....because if i was looking at the table and we was not in the position we are now the that would :censored: me off even more!!!
Koptite

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:40 pm

tonyeh wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:The reality is that people are neither a disgrace nor a wind-up merchant for being concerned that we are continually having trouble breaking down mediocre teams.

Undoubtedly true, mate, but tell me, how are we meant to take posters who suggest that:

-Rafa's a "fecking idiot" who's trying to stick it to the poor fans and should be bombed out in favour of Harry Redknapp

OR

-Rafa's a clown that should be sacked at this stage so we can get Kenny Dalglish in to salvage the season

OR

-There's only a Big Three in the Premiership and we're not part of it because of the gulf in class between us and Arsenal/Chelsea/Man U

When I read stuff like that it's hard not to conclude that the poster in question is completely blinkered or on a wind-up.  :glare:

Again, I ask, do you REALLY believe there isn't a class difference between Liverpool and the other three?

Honestly?

Hold on a second here! Who the f*ck done United and Chelsea already this season? What was it, 4 or 5 years unbeaten at home Chelsea were? Who done them? That's right, we f*cking did. Who knocked Arsenal out of the CL last year and Chelsea 2 seasons running, and should have been three, before it? Was that us? Oh, yeah - that's right, I think it was. Who's top of the table? Oops, that's us again. You'd have had a slight point last season with the other two, but don't keep suggesting Arsenal are a class above us, because that's just a myth. Again, Arsenal have done f*ck all worth of merit the past 4 seasons to be worthy of being knocked with them.

Big fuckin deal. So we got some lucky breaks with the goals in the Utd and Chelsea games...so what?

That still doesn't change the fact, yes THE FACT, that they are stronger teams than Liverpool. By a large margin.

In the case of the Chelsea game, Alonso go a LUCKY deflection.

That's DEFLECTION.

Liverpool then spent the rest of the game with two rows of four defending that lucky in off.

So Liverpool knocked Arsenal out of the CL, so what?

Spurs tore Liverpool a new :censored: a couple of weeks ago, does that make them a better team than Liverpool? Of course it doesn't.

The other three teams play better flowing football, they can attack and finish with convincing moves and they have put up a challenge for the title in the last few years.

If you cannot, or will not see the obvious difference in quality between the teams in question, then you you just shouldn't be talking about football at all.

Having a love for Liverpool is one thing, but if it obscures the obvious, then your opinion isn't worth listening too.

Liverpool are EXTREMELY lucky to be where they are at the moment. 90% of the games have been touch and go and the recent draws against the so called "Lesser Teams" is just reality landing down on our heads with a thump. Bar Everton and West Brom, we haven't really beaten anyone with real conviction and the includes the much touted Utd and Chelsea games.

We're on top by a single point, that's all. It's December.

Frankly, I'm not expecting much out of the Blackburn game and will take a boring 1-0 snorefest, just to keep the mickey mouse gap we have.

To be honest with you, I stopped reading once I read the part about the Alonso deflection.  :sleepy:
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koptite » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:43 pm

NANNY RED wrote:

some one finally talking sense  :D
Koptite

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:45 pm

Koptite wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

some one finally talking sense  :D

I always talk sense it comes with age. Although a few on here think im on another planet :laugh:
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koptite » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:47 pm

rafa09 wrote:is this really a LFC forum :help  :help because theres some REAL stupid :censored: here DECEMBER 2ND TOP OF PREM. what do you want

someone else who talks sense
Koptite

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:32 am

Just came across this article interesting indeed.

Are Liverpool Supporters Starting To Become a Hinderance More Than a Help?
by Jamie Ward (Scribe)
0 110 reads
Editorial
December 02, 2008

Before this season started, some Liverpool supporters where simply asking for the club to be in the Premier League title hunt by Christmas. It is now December and near to half way through the season—Liverpool are one point clear in first place.

However, judging by the boos that rang out around Anfield after Liverpool’s fourth draw in 15 games, you could be excused for imagining that the club was currently mid-table with several losses already registered.

"Ay, here we are with problems at the top of the league"—Bill Shankly

Visiting some of the discussion boards after the West Ham game, you will come across topics that are claiming ''Rafa Benitez is simply not good enough and has to go'' or ''the team are never going to win the title playing like they currently are''

Despite not playing at full capacity, the team currently sits one point clear of Chelsea, six points clear of Manchester United and eight points clear of Arsenal.

Yet, after 15 games, the team is now being judged, by a lot of its own supporters, to be incapable of winning this seasons title.

"At the start of the season, you would have snatched an arm off to be top of the league in December.’’

Before the current Premier League campaign kicked off, some supporters had claimed they were ok with not winning the league but just desperately wanted to be in the title race when March comes around.

However, with 23 games still to play, some appear to have made the assumption that Liverpool will be out of the title race long before March, so they figure it is ok to stop supporting the team at a time when support is crucial.

It would seem that some fans have developed a greediness that has lead to negativity and appears to be having an effect on the players and their performances on the pitch—just like last season when boardroom arguments had an effect on the team.

Liverpool now face Blackburn in their next Premier League match, a game which kick starts a very busy festive fixture list and the players will need their up-most composure and concentration.

The players now also have the added burden of being booed off of the pitch during their last game.

At a time when complete concentration on the job at hand is needed, should players be under the extra pressure of negativity from their own fans?

''A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.''

Whether supporters choose to believe it or not, confidence and psychological mentality are a major part of playing good football. Football clubs across the world will now employ a psychologist in the attempt to ensure the player’s mentality is correct.

If players are being booed and heckled, it will be pretty hard to concentrate on playing football.

Just like when parents try and promote confidence in their children despite knowing they are struggling, the same should be said of football fans and supporting their team.

The end of the season should be the time for criticism and finger pointing, not mid season when players rely on confidence to perform to the best of their abilities.

Another major contributor to success is experience of success.

The current Liverpool squad have not had the experience of fighting for first place in the league and the nervousness is sometimes apparent during games, this can lead to the inability to put away chances.

"It is occasionally useful to look at the past to gain a perspective on the present."

It is hard to imagine that Liverpool supporters would want to go back to the days before Rafa Benitez came to the club. He has brought with him a new belief along with some genuine world class players.

He is praised when he brings success to the club and he is applauded when his players beat teams they are not supposed to beat.

But when there is a stumble along the path to success, it would seem that some supporters are too quick to turn and provide negative reactions that are starting to affect the team they apparently support.

"We don't destroy our heroes today when we worshipped them yesterday."
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koptite » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:38 am

great post nana
Koptite

Postby maguskwt » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:47 am

tonyeh wrote:Big fuckin deal. So we got some lucky breaks with the goals in the Utd and Chelsea games...so what?

That still doesn't change the fact, yes THE FACT, that they are stronger teams than Liverpool. By a large margin.

That's DEFLECTION.

Liverpool then spent the rest of the game with two rows of four defending that lucky in off.

Spurs tore Liverpool a new :censored: a couple of weeks ago, does that make them a better team than Liverpool? Of course it doesn't.

The other three teams play better flowing football, they can attack and finish with convincing moves and they have put up a challenge for the title in the last few years.

If you cannot, or will not see the obvious difference in quality between the teams in question, then you you just shouldn't be talking about football at all.

Having a love for Liverpool is one thing, but if it obscures the obvious, then your opinion isn't worth listening too.

Liverpool are EXTREMELY lucky to be where they are at the moment. 90% of the games have been touch and go and the recent draws against the so called "Lesser Teams" is just reality landing down on our heads with a thump. Bar Everton and West Brom, we haven't really beaten anyone with real conviction and the includes the much touted Utd and Chelsea games.

Frankly, I'm not expecting much out of the Blackburn game and will take a boring 1-0 snorefest, just to keep the mickey mouse gap we have.

what a supporter... (I wish there was a smilie clapping sarcastically like players do to refs)....

why don't you just join the boo boys in the stands...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Koptite » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:51 am

anyone who was at the game last nite would of seen the guy at half time with all his tricks and flicks in the centre circle.......just a thought but it would be great to get a song going for mascherano to the tune he was performing to. Sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place.

Here's what i have come up with for the coures but the rest i do not know.........

javier javier javier ooooo oooooo lalalalala javier javier javier....
MASCHERANO............(bit poor but i cant think of what comes next) just an idea me and my cousin came up with on our long drive back to london after the game! :D
Koptite

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:57 am

You see that article i posted Tony have a read . I think it was aimed at fans like you
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:25 am

bigmick wrote:while us and Arsenal have had similar starts.

Mick they have lost 5 games and we are 8 points ahead of them. ???
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:34 am

tonyeh wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Undoubtedly true, mate, but tell me, how are we meant to take posters who suggest that:

-Rafa's a "fecking idiot" who's trying to stick it to the poor fans and should be bombed out in favour of Harry Redknapp

OR

-Rafa's a clown that should be sacked at this stage so we can get Kenny Dalglish in to salvage the season

OR

-There's only a Big Three in the Premiership and we're not part of it because of the gulf in class between us and Arsenal/Chelsea/Man U

When I read stuff like that it's hard not to conclude that the poster in question is completely blinkered or on a wind-up.  :glare:

Again, I ask, do you REALLY believe there isn't a class difference between Liverpool and the other three?

Honestly?

Big fuckin deal. So we got some lucky breaks with the goals in the Utd and Chelsea games...so what?

That's DEFLECTION.

Are you really a Liverpool supporter?

Honestly?
Last edited by Bad Bob on Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Bam » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:38 am

tonyeh wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
bigmick wrote:The reality is that people are neither a disgrace nor a wind-up merchant for being concerned that we are continually having trouble breaking down mediocre teams.

Undoubtedly true, mate, but tell me, how are we meant to take posters who suggest that:

OR

OR

Honestly?

Hold on a second here! Who the f*ck done United and Chelsea already this season? What was it, 4 or 5 years unbeaten at home Chelsea were? Who done them? That's right, we f*cking did. Who knocked Arsenal out of the CL last year and Chelsea 2 seasons running, and should have been three, before it? Was that us? Oh, yeah - that's right, I think it was. Who's top of the table? Oops, that's us again. You'd have had a slight point last season with the other two, but don't keep suggesting Arsenal are a class above us, because that's just a myth. Again, Arsenal have done f*ck all worth of merit the past 4 seasons to be worthy of being knocked with them.

That's DEFLECTION.

I have to admit I'm a critical Philly Blunt at the best of times, but you take the Gary. 

Its fair enough being critical or concerned with somthing, I was with the West Ham performance. I think you've listened to to many of those "Irish pundits" over in Eire who seem to relish in sla.gging LFC off.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion