LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:13 am

i hope we have a fully fit team, everyone available for selection, this is the only way we will be able to get a  true measure.

i can see it now if torres and gerrrad are out, i can already write the excuses that will appear on here should we lose
112-1077774096

Postby Rush Job » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:33 am

peewee wrote:i hope we have a fully fit team, everyone available for selection, this is the only way we will be able to get a  true measure.

i can see it now if torres and gerrrad are out, i can already write the excuses that will appear on here should we lose

Well need luck to go our way as well as a collective team effort to beat them IMO.
They are the better team after all, whichever way you look at it, sad but true.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:42 am

Rush Job wrote:
peewee wrote:i hope we have a fully fit team, everyone available for selection, this is the only way we will be able to get a  true measure.

Well need luck to go our way as well as a collective team effort to beat them IMO.
They are the better team after all, whichever way you look at it, sad but true.

i agree they are a better team mate, after all they won the league and the CL last season. however I dont buy into the whole luck thing. if we go out there to win rather than set up to not lose then we have the talent to beat them. if we persist with players out of position and negative tactics then we wont win
112-1077774096

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:45 am

I am pretty sure that Gerrard is expected to be back for the United game. Probably not 100% but close enough to be considered without much of a risk of causing a setback.  I really want Gerrard to play down the right to try and pin Evra back for as much of the game as possible.  I don't care how hard Kuyt works, Evra has the pace to blow by him even if Kuyt is going as fast as he can.  Like I said earlier it might be a rude reintro for Albert if this was his first game with the club. Aurelio and Dosenna should shore things up on the left safely.  I just want us to get through the first hour safely, however if we do get an early goal I don't want us to sit back and try to ride it out until the final whistle, I would want us to go straight for the jugular, boss it 3-0 and send a message (don't think we are capable of this) but who the hell knows how either team will playing coming out of such a long break. Although my gut tells me that fact would be a disadvantage for Rafa.
JoeTerp

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:52 am

Sabre wrote:what would be the last words you'd tell the lads before coming off to the pitch?

"Bring both b0llocks with you this time! "  :angry:  :D
ConnO'var

Postby Red Dotty » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:50 am

Sabre wrote:When we discuss match threads, you mates always put an starting eleven.

But imagine you're Rafa and you're in the dressroom and you're telling the lads how to face the game. Would you tell them to attack and put them on siege from minute one? would you tell them it's just another game and just do what he have been training? what would be the last words you'd tell the lads before coming off to the pitch?

Lads listen

Man U fans are sitting in Anfield full of bull :censored:

we are Liverpool

We are the most succesfull team in England

Get out there and murder them

oh yes by the way

Neville is playing
image001.gif
Red Dotty

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:39 am

peewee wrote:i can see it now if torres and gerrrad are out, i can already write the excuses that will appear on here should we lose...

...and rightly so.
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:40 am

i would play this team
------------reina
carra--hyppia--agger--dossena
------------mash
kuyt--gerrard--alonso--reira
-----------torres

hyppia for the simple fact that he is best in the air compared to who else we have and berba is gonna be playing i reckon.
carra on the right as i feel he is more steady than arbeloa.
reira scored during his mancity debut against the scums we're gonna play so perhaps history might repeat and he is a player they have not much clue about as he has changed alot since leaving city so he might give them a surprise.
this line-up is if both stevie and torres are fit which is think they will be as this might just be a smokescreen as the scums have done it many times before.
keane, babel, el zhar can be on the bench.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby stmichael » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:03 pm

to be honest, if torres and gerrard are out we'll probably give a backs to the wall performance and win the game 1-0 or something.

if we're at full strength we'll lose. we always do. i hate this fixture, especially in recent years.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:20 pm

:D Cheer up lads . This would be my team assuming we're without torres and gerrard . I won't play hypia as tevez is quick and will be all over him , rooney will probably play as a winger on the left or upfront with tevez , i'm not sure if dimitar berbatov will start .

Reina

Carragher        Skrtel        Agger          Dossena

Babel              Masch       Alonso         Riera

Kuyt         Keane

I'd personally play kuyt behind keane but i think rafa is going to play him upfront , we need 2 wingers for this game , we can't play narrow or we'd get murdered , throw riera in straightaway lets see what he can do against one of the best teams in the country . ALonso needs to step up if stevie does not make it , push up and let masch handle the back four . I'm going for a 1-0 win with keane getting the goal .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedEire » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:22 pm

I think either Babel or Gerrard if fit should play on the right.  With Evra's pace we need someone who can at least keep up with him but also like that we have an attacking option on the right to give Evra something to worry about.  Also normally you wouldn't dream of giving a new player his debut against Man Ure but at least Reira has some experience of both the premiership and united so i would like for him to start on the left - that gives us two wide/pacey players that should give us balance, width and give the forwards (whoever they will be) the crosses they need.  What about a pairing of Keane and Babel with Gerrard and Reira supplying the crosses. 
Masch also needs to put in the tackles in the middle of the field that will put Scholes on notice but do this without getting cautioned.
I think Hyypia may be required to counter Berbatov's height - stick him along Skrtel with Carra and Agger as full backs.
RedEire

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:27 pm

Who's the referee for this game ? Bet on it being riley or bennent
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:36 pm

Lets hope Mascha is going to be a bit calmer this time.. He lost us the last game against them.

Someone will get sent off.. it always happens, lets hope its someone not wearing red.

I don't put as much importance on this game as others have.  The reason we didnt win the league last year had nothing to do with our results against Man U, Arseanl and Chelsea.  It was down to all the points we lost against the lower teams we should easily beat.

We need a solid performance and a bit of luck.  Rafa needs to get Kuyt off the wing.. either play him up front with Keane or stick him on the bench. Reira to start as well.

Reina
Arbeloa  Carra  Scary/Hypia  Agger
Gerrard/Babel Alonso  Mascha Reira
               Kuyt
                     Keane

Can't see Torres being fit and if he is not 100% fit we shouldnt play him.  Muscle tears are serious and if not given enough time to heal can result in a weakening of the tissue and lots of recurrent injuries (eg Michael Owen)
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby puroresu » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:42 pm

I can see a 4-5-1 formation with Rafa trying to avoid defeat first as usual.
puroresu

Postby ConnO'var » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:49 pm

puroresu wrote:I can see a 4-5-1 formation with Rafa trying to avoid defeat first as usual.

Can't fault him if he does.... without our 2 big guns, we'll likely be out firepower-ed. Caution could very well be the better part of valor in this case.

I honestly wouldn't mind too much if we lose..... Would not be happy of course.... As long as the boys give their all and an honest and good account of themselves I would be satisfied. Just no more strange formations and playing people out of position and inept and heartless performances this time is all I ask for really.

Even without Torres and gerrard, we need to believe that we can match 'em.... otherwise we'll be fodder and THAT I cannot tolerate.
ConnO'var

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion