LIVERPOOL v MANCHESTER UNITED - 12:45 GMT, 13-09-08

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby destro » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:22 pm

According to Man U fans Torres was in Ferdinands and Vidic's pockets last time and Anderson bossed Gerrard out of the game, would it be the end of the world if neither of them recovered in time to play in this one.

This is the :censored: I have to put up with so, I don't care who plays or who scores as long as we win this game, dare i say it but i would even sacrifice performance for result. Just win and make my working life easier........until the next game ???
destro

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:27 pm

stmichael wrote:we'll dominate the whole game, as we always do against them at anfield under rafa, they'll nick a goal from a set piece against the run of play and then win the game 1-0.

And that, to the knuckle-dragging homosexual element of this forum, will somehow indicate that we're absolutel sh*t, and they're brilliance personified...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby faldo » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:39 pm

no matter how bad manu are playing they always rise for this game, where as no matter how well we are playing ,under rafa we have not even scored a goal. maybe carragher will score the winner this time..just to prove a point.
faldo

Postby kunilson » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:49 pm

must win game if there ever will be this season, not just because we will get 3 points and they won't, but it's just the confidence we need if we can pull it off.

i'd go with;

Reina

Carragher Agger Skrtel Aurelio

Babbel Alonso Masch Riera

Kuyt Keane

Gerrard instead of Alonso if fit
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:56 pm

GMT > BST

Blessed by an international break.

Gerrard likely to be available, Torres almost certainly out. The former more valuable in a game like this. Parce que: Drive from midfield + goalscoring threat + ability to create + defensive capabilities.

Assumptions accounted for:

Reina

Arbeloa          Carragher         Agger              Aurelio

Gerrard             Alonso           Mascherano         Riera

Keane         Kuyt
LFC2007

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:12 pm

I think we can win this if we get sensible, or at the very least not get beat which is crucial. I take Owzats point about too many draws last season and us drawing two out of the first four this season not being ideal, but we absolutely MUST NOT LOSE the game. Playing with ambition is great 85% of the time, but on this occasion I really think we have to get real and not get too gung-ho.

Lets be honest, we haven't settled yet and it alreasy looks unlikely we'll win most attractive team in the Prem', but that's OK by me. If Alonso and Masherano offer little going forward (which as neither of them actually get forward is obviously the case), lets live with it and plan accordingly. Lets stay solid, if Gerrard plays put him on the right and he'll get a chance to exploit one of Evra's bombs forward. Keane up top will give them something to worry about, if Torres is injured we could play Kuyt there which will create a different problem for them (not sure what it'll be but they probably won't know what to make of him running around everywhere all the time). If we can stay solid, play sh!t and nick a goal that'll do just fine. There have been plenty of anti-rafa posts after three sh!t performances and a top of the league standing, I wonder how people would take it if we were sh!t again and beat the Mancs.

For my part, I couldn't care less how we play as long as we get the result in this game. On this occasion, a draw would be by no means a disaster though and I take it to be so, 0-0.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:16 pm

I'd be happy with a point to be honest.

Our recent record against Manure is :censored: poor.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:19 pm

bigmick wrote:I think we can win this if we get sensible, or at the very least not get beat which is crucial. I take Owzats point about too many draws last season and us drawing two out of the first four this season not being ideal, but we absolutely MUST NOT LOSE the game. Playing with ambition is great 85% of the time, but on this occasion I really think we have to get real and not get too gung-ho.

Lets be honest, we haven't settled yet and it alreasy looks unlikely we'll win most attractive team in the Prem', but that's OK by me. If Alonso and Masherano offer little going forward (which as neither of them actually get forward is obviously the case), lets live with it and plan accordingly. Lets stay solid, if Gerrard plays put him on the right and he'll get a chance to exploit one of Evra's bombs forward. Keane up top will give them something to worry about, if Torres is injured we could play Kuyt there which will create a different problem for them (not sure what it'll be but they probably won't know what to make of him running around everywhere all the time). If we can stay solid, play sh!t and nick a goal that'll do just fine. There have been plenty of anti-rafa posts after three sh!t performances and a top of the league standing, I wonder how people would take it if we were sh!t again and beat the Mancs.

For my part, I couldn't care less how we play as long as we get the result in this game. On this occasion, a draw would be by no means a disaster though and I take it to be so, 0-0.

I agree with the idea that it's most important not to get beaten, Mick.  That means we had best be drilling our defending against set pieces especially hard over this fortnight, as they always seem to do us from dead ball situations.  At the other end of the park, we should probably be looking to come up with a bit of magic of our own from set pieces.  Let's practice something akin to what Agger did against Chelsea in the CL semis 2 years back--a set piece with a bit of invention and trickery.  It's likely our best chance of nicking a goal if Torres is indeed missing and it would have the added satisfaction of beating these at their own game. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:21 pm

While 0 -0 would certainly be no disaster, I would like to see us win this one (wouldn't we all!) A good win would not only boost our confidence but maybe have a settling effect on the fans as well. I usually hate this game as if we lose I feel sick for a week, and I am usually thinking of the downside.....this time I feel confident we will win.

Robbie Keane surely must be due a goal and what better time to score your first than against the mancs. I'm going for 2-0 Keane and Kuyt (miracles do happen sometimes)
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:24 pm

I would love to see us going for it bigtime and getting fuc'king into them from the whistle!
Zenit done it the other night,fought for every ball and as soon as one of their players was in space he ran like fu'ck at them!UTD hated it,lost the game 2-1 and looked very ordinary into the bargain!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:29 pm

If Kuyt does score, which part of his body is your money on him putting it in with? I've a hunch that at some point this season he'll block a clearance from the keeper with his back and it'll fly in. That'll only leave his b0ll0cks to go and he'll be able to claim with some justification that he was the first Liverpool player in history to score with every single part of his anantomy.

Course the best bit then will be the rest of the team trying to "set him up" when they hear about the record. The ball will be bouncing around in the area and Dirk will be throwing his midriff at it like a mad-dog.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:32 pm

bigmick wrote:If Kuyt does score, which part of his body is your money on him putting it in with? I've a hunch that at some point this season he'll block a clearance from the keeper with his back and it'll fly in. That'll only leave his b0ll0cks to go and he'll be able to claim with some justification that he was the first Liverpool player in history to score with every single part of his anantomy.

:laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Simari » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:09 am

s@int wrote:
bigmick wrote:If Kuyt does score, which part of his body is your money on him putting it in with? I've a hunch that at some point this season he'll block a clearance from the keeper with his back and it'll fly in. That'll only leave his b0ll0cks to go and he'll be able to claim with some justification that he was the first Liverpool player in history to score with every single part of his anantomy.

:laugh:

Probably have to wear some steel protection for the ball to bounce far enough into the goal :D
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:54 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:I'd be happy with a point to be honest.

Our recent record against Manure is :censored: poor.

It's good to be honest ....

I think record poor is under Rafa but when under GH ( I'm not saying that we need GH back ) , we manage to beat thier :censored: off two or three times , I still remember the Riise bolt, DM freekisks and SG long shot.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:23 am

bigmick stated an interesting point. what if we play ugly as usual but win again? would we be pleased with that or find something negative to spew about?
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion