Liverpool v Leverkusen - Last 16 of Champions League

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby L-type » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:13 pm

coolsobs wrote:the most crucial thing is keeping a clean sheet so playing hamann and biscan will be quite good as they protect the back four and we can hope we hit them on the counter attack

Biscan does no defending, He is decent on the ball, but his movement without it, is pathetic.  Just a wasted man, hopefully he can maintain his last aurora of decency that lies in the CL
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:29 pm

The_Rock wrote:
leonantoni wrote:Well for my team, i would move JC to CM because the onlu CM available would be Hamann. Smicer, Kewell, Nunez, Riise, Garcia could all play in midfield, but i think they are more wide players and wouldn't be suited - in such an important game to play as an attacking CM. I would more trust Traore at CB with Hyypia rather than a not-fully-fit Smicer, Kewell or Biscan.

Dudek

Finnan Hyypia Traore Riise
Smicer Carragher Hamann Kewell
Baros Garcia

Subs: Carson, Pellegrino, Le Tallec, Warnock, Potter, Josemi, Biscan

Wat ???

Move our best centreback to midfield ? You joking ? If we are to keep a clean sheet, it will be because of carra.

Just saw the goal La Tellac scored for the reserves. Similar to morientas header against fulham. I don't know why rafa did not put him at least on the bench against birmingham.

Anyway here is my formation.......... As you can guess no biscan.

Dudek
    Finnan   Carra     Hyppia  Riise
     Smicer   Garcia Hamann Kewell
                 La Tellac   Baros

You critisized Rafa for putting Baros on the wing against Birmingham yet you put a player[Garcia] that is not a winger or a midfielder in the central midfield position ?!
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bakes40 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:33 pm

why are you all picking the following players, traore, hamann, biscan, smicer, garcia. none of these players should ever put on a liverpool shirt again, they are ******, they are useless. i would rather see young lads play than those wa***rs.
bakes40

Postby A.B. » Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:44 pm

bakes40 wrote:why are you all picking the following players, traore, hamann, biscan, smicer, garcia. none of these players should ever put on a liverpool shirt again, they are ******, they are useless. i would rather see young lads play than those wa***rs.

You want Rafa to play a youngside against Bayer Leverkusen who ran over Real Madrid earlier on in the Champions League?

Weren't you the one that wanted Rafa sacked after the game against Burnley in the FA Cup because he played a young side?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby jack66 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:34 am

Dudek
Josemi Carragher Hyppia rise
Finnan Biscan Hamann Kewell
          Garcia Baros

I would put money on rafa playing this team.
jack66

Postby laza » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:17 am

Yeah hopefully the last abortion of game will prove a spur for a good result.
Though Stevie G petulant yellow card attracting antics in his so called wonder game against the Greeks is proving to be far more important now .
Hopefully a 1-0 win and we just have the work ahead of us to hold the advantage in the away leg
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby whylongball? » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:18 am

The_Rock wrote:
leonantoni wrote:Well for my team, i would move JC to CM because the onlu CM available would be Hamann. Smicer, Kewell, Nunez, Riise, Garcia could all play in midfield, but i think they are more wide players and wouldn't be suited - in such an important game to play as an attacking CM. I would more trust Traore at CB with Hyypia rather than a not-fully-fit Smicer, Kewell or Biscan.

Dudek

Finnan Hyypia Traore Riise
Smicer Carragher Hamann Kewell
Baros Garcia

Subs: Carson, Pellegrino, Le Tallec, Warnock, Potter, Josemi, Biscan

Wat ???

Move our best centreback to midfield ? You joking ? If we are to keep a clean sheet, it will be because of carra.

Just saw the goal La Tellac scored for the reserves. Similar to morientas header against fulham. I don't know why rafa did not put him at least on the bench against birmingham.

Anyway here is my formation.......... As you can guess no biscan.

Dudek
    Finnan   Carra     Hyppia  Riise
     Smicer   Garcia Hamann Kewell
                 La Tellac   Baros[/color]

[color=#000000]your formation would do lots of damage to the away team...i see why not? Hamann should be instructed to stay back always to cover the centre backs and the formation can be easily converted to sth like this
Code: Select all
dudek
finnan cara hyppia traore
           hamann
smicer               kewell
           garcia
      le tallac baros

Play more direct football and deep defence will do
whylongball?

Postby chiggz_likes_owen » Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 am

If we play Josemi we'll loose.
chiggz_likes_owen
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lost_prophets » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:07 am

i think it would be like this...

dudek
finnan     carragher    hyypia    traore

smicer    hamann      biscan     riise

garcia

baros

kewell will be a sub...
   :)
lost_prophets

Postby hobbes » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:00 am

DUDEK

FINANN         HYPIA          TRAORE

NUNEZ         CARRA       HAMANN      RIISE
                                 GARCIA 
                       MELLOR        BAROS                   

Besides Finann, Carra is good player who can cross well. He can play right back and centre back well. Maybe we can move him a bit up front to a defensive centre midfielder role .

Besides that he can make good cross to our two wingers from there. Sligtly risky at the back. But If carra and Hamann  play well and stop the balls from entering our half field then its OK

Hamann definately requires some help up at midfield to defend. Biscan is most certainly insufficient.

Smicer had been resting for long. His performance cannot be expected to be wonderful. If one insists than he may play as left winger and move Riise to the centre beside Hamann to attack.

Garcia has to be up to control passes to strikers. And I am also sure that Baros needs co-striker.

Anyway its only an opinion. Lets see what RB had planned for us.
hobbes

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:04 am

.                                        Dudek

Josemi        Carragher           Hypia        Traore

Hamman

Finnan         Garcia                     Kewell          Riise   

Baros

???
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:11 am

If this were a match on CM, i'd have...

Dudek
  Finnan                         Riise
         Carragher  Hyypia
          Hamann    Biscan
Garcia         Smicer        Kewell
                 Baros

But that's CM and Not real life. Benitez will be sensible and play 4-4-1-1 (which isn't far off) and with our problems, sensible is sensible. What I'd give for a recinded yellow card and a review of those stupid cup tying rules. No prizes for guessing which two players I'm refering to. A miracle cure for a broken ankle wouldn't go amiss either.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:36 pm

Milan Baros says Liverpool can beat Bayer Leverkusen in the last 16 of the Champions League - despite the absence of Fernando Morientes from the Reds' attack.
With Morientes cup-tied, Florent Sinama-Pongolle also out and Neil Mellor a major doubt that leaves Baros as the only fit recognised striker at Rafael Benitez's disposal for the game.

Baros says he thrives on the responsibility and is looking forward to the game as he tells us in this exclusive video interview you can watch online.

Baros told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I know Fernando can't play and Sinama-Pongolle and Mellor are injured so it will probably be me playing up front on my own, but I am confident we can do it. I think the boss will have something planned and maybe someone else will play with me.

"It's the last 16 and it is a massive game. I think we can beat them and go through but it's going to be difficult as they have played well in the Champions League this season and in the qualifier they beat my former club Banik Ostrava. It would be nice to score the goals to take Liverpool through as I always want to score goals."

My team selection:

Dudek

Finnan        Carragher        Hyypia     Traore

Hamann          Biscan

Smicer           Luis Garcia                   Riise

Baros 

Subs:
-Carson
-La Tallec
-Kewell
-Pellegrino
-Warnock
Last edited by A.B. on Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:50 pm

A.B. wrote:Milan Baros says Liverpool can beat Bayer Leverkusen in the last 16 of the Champions League - despite the absence of Fernando Morientes from the Reds' attack.
With Morientes cup-tied, Florent Sinama-Pongolle also out and Neil Mellor a major doubt that leaves Baros as the only fit recognised striker at Rafael Benitez's disposal for the game.

Baros says he thrives on the responsibility and is looking forward to the game as he tells us in this exclusive video interview you can watch online.

Baros told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I know Fernando can't play and Sinama-Pongolle and Mellor are injured so it will probably be me playing up front on my own, but I am confident we can do it. I think the boss will have something planned and maybe someone else will play with me.

"It's the last 16 and it is a massive game. I think we can beat them and go through but it's going to be difficult as they have played well in the Champions League this season and in the qualifier they beat my former club Banik Ostrava. It would be nice to score the goals to take Liverpool through as I always want to score goals."

My team selection:

Dudek

Finnan        Carragher        Hyypia     Traore

Hamann          Biscan

Smicer           Luis Garcia                   Riise

Baros 

Subs:
-Carson
-La Tallec
-Kewell
-Pellegrino
-Warnock

It seems that great minds think alike. However, I would stress the importance of not conceeding and therefore would choose Riise for the defensive line as he is more sound than Traore.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:53 pm

what do u mean my former club banik ostrava ???
jack66

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion