LIVERPOOL (1) v (0) REAL MADRID- 2nd leg - Back to the champions league

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:11 pm

I thought Raul took the defeat with his usual dignity admitting that they had been beaten by a better team.

Raul was a great player who I thought was as good as any striker in the world for a time a few years ago. He would certainly have filled the famous no. 7 shirt of Liverpool in his pomp. I think he is playing too far up field at his age, maybe if he had dropped back later in his career as Kenny did, he would have done better over the last few years. Top player in his time though, I remember him scoring a couple against the mancs and Fergie saying he was the best player in the world.

Raul always seemed to have a little more time than other players, a bit like Rushie. Never seemed hurried or worried that the ball would end up anywhere but the back of the net.
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Got to agree about Raul and to think they nearly sold him a couple of seasons ago and we were in the frame for him .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:16 pm

After the way we took them apart and the reaction of their fans, club and press, bet Ronaldo is quietly hoping they dont come back in for him.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:44 pm

I wouldn't mind us signing Marcello off Madrid. The way he went past Masch and Alonso was quite impressive for a "fullback". Looked like he could cross a ball too. I expect Madrid will be having a clearout at the end of the season, maybe we could pick up a pair of fullbacks and one of the dutch players ?
account deleted by request

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:46 pm

Cant see marcelo leaving - he is one for their future same with ramos. Maybe snejder and van der vaart might be available but then again at what cost ? drenthe would be a good option .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Owzat wrote:
Greavesie wrote:didn't know where to mention this but an Arsenal fan has been stabbed in Rome :(

I gather they aim only to cause minor wounds. No Italian clubs left in the competition, all three Italian sides dumped out by English sides.

I bet Pratini et al aren't very happy, scheming a way to try to restore equity. I would laugh if the QF draw keeps English clubs separate, I would love to see Pratini's face if it was an all-English semi-final line-up - well, maybe not if it means the mancs getting one step closer to winning most everything and going on about it forever more.

Maybe the Spanish and Italians should up their game a bit.

worries me for the safety of the English fans if an English club get to the final. let alone 2 English clubs getting there.  :down:
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:09 pm

Lee J wrote:
Owzat wrote:
Greavesie wrote:didn't know where to mention this but an Arsenal fan has been stabbed in Rome :(

I gather they aim only to cause minor wounds. No Italian clubs left in the competition, all three Italian sides dumped out by English sides.

I bet Pratini et al aren't very happy, scheming a way to try to restore equity. I would laugh if the QF draw keeps English clubs separate, I would love to see Pratini's face if it was an all-English semi-final line-up - well, maybe not if it means the mancs getting one step closer to winning most everything and going on about it forever more.

worries me for the safety of the English fans if an English club get to the final. let alone 2 English clubs getting there.  :down:

Good point, forgot that Rome was the host for the final. But it's mostly their idiotic extremist fans looking to have goes at rival fans, if Roma aren't playing will they bother?

It is about time UEFA stopped warming the ceiling and started dishing out appropriate punishments to countries like Italy and Turkey. Make them play a few games in empty grounds, threaten to ban them from hosting rights for 5-10 years.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:20 pm

Owzat wrote:

Theres an interesting article in the telegraph today by Brian Moore of all peopel where he slates UEFA for racism against England.  When Madrid or Milan were dominant nobody cared but now the premier league is dominant they hate it.

There is also talk of the final maybe getting moved because of violence problems.  About time that this was highlighted in Italy as the Roma fans will cause problems to whoever is in the final
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:47 pm

It beggars belief that Roma have been rewarded with the final after the recent crowd trouble and terrible policing issues.

UEFA let themselves down by constantly creating situations where fans question their grip on reality.

Unless of course Platini is setting us up for another ban........ :angry:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:50 pm

The CL final is a disgrace to the game with UEFA in charge :angry:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:44 pm

Reg wrote:Unless of course Platini is setting us up for another ban........ :angry:

thats a good idea actually. but why would he go to such an extent to hate us?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 pm

A good idea to set us up for a ban ?!?!?!?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:53 pm

why are u stalking me?
is every post about u?
do u feel the need to butt your puny @rse in every other comment posted?

as for the ban, if i had the power and i hated a certain club say, ManureUtd... i would think thats a great idea. im seeing things from his point of view. now go stalk someone else. run along. shoooo!
maypaxvobiscum

Postby GYBS » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:55 pm

stick to the subject as opposed to having little digs and insults at me

And explain how the hell setting us up for a ban is a good idea ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:56 pm

Great Result against Madrid, but I'm not happy with our throw ins. Rafa has to go.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion