Lfc v olympiakos - Shambles

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:49 pm

i tell you what. this performance was even worse than the man u performance. :angry:

1. we seriously have to look at how we set ourselves up away from home. we didn't have a shot on target from what i can remember.

2. our defending of set pieces is f#cking abysmal.

3. dudek needs to be dropped now. his positioning for their goal was poor and when he came for that cross in the 2nd half and missed that just summed up his form.

4. why is finnan taking the free-kicks? he can't cross to save his life.

5. was it me, or did collina have a shocking game?

all in all, not good enough. rthe mancs won 6-2 and were laughing at me all the way home. it's not on. get a grip lad ffs. :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby madred » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:49 pm

I agree A.B it was poor and im sharing your dissapointment and our away form is looking c**p. Still early days and its obvious that signings have to arrive in Jan and the players must keep working hard.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:50 pm

Its got to be a dissapointment after the performance against Norwich.As Woof says its a big time reality check.Rooney scoring a hat trick makes it even worse :angry:
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:52 pm

we missed steven gerrard.  plus a striker with any european experience. we couldn't hold the ball up long enough for the midfield to get up and support.  Both the strikers are very young and will get better the more experience they get.
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:52 pm

madred wrote:I agree A.B it was poor and im sharing your dissapointment and our away form is looking c**p. Still early days and its obvious that signings have to arrive in Jan and the players must keep working hard.

I respect Benitez, but he has a total game different game plan when we're not at Anfield, and everytime we have a different game plan we lose. Just when we think that we have got ridden of some pressure, we put even more on our shoulders.

Sh!tfu--ck sums up our performance and thats not even a word.
Last edited by A.B. on Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:56 pm

That ground must have been to intimidating for the new young players we will beat them at anfield and go through. Raffa needs to get a good team together and stick with it and only play none first teamers against lesser sides.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:57 pm

I'M SHOUTING HERE !!! LISTEN UP  (please)
A 1-O AWAY DEFEAT IN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE IS NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED OF. BUT THE WAY WE PLAYED (or failed to) WAS A FU CKING EMBARRASMENT.
SH IT HAPPENS ,
We're still in there , lets hope we learn and improve.
WALK ON LADS ,
WE'RE DOWN BUT NOT OUT .
:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:59 pm

Yea it's not just the loss, its the manner of the loss. We were massively poor. Rubbish.

No understanding. No urgency until the last five minutes when we were playing against 10 men.

Not one good chance in the whole match despite being behind for most of the match.

Sometimes you've gotta hate football.

Saw the highlights of the United match and the gap from us was light years. A hatrick of quality goals on your debut, returning from injury, in the CL is class, theres no argument.

****** long balls tonight.

We need some sort of leader.

Another ****** night.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:02 pm

The leader you speak about fivecups must arrive in the shape of a world class centre half when the window re-opens or asap. All the other big teams have them at the heart of their sides. Liverpool dont seem to have a out and out commanding presence there? Hyypia was that a few seasons ago but he no longer seems to have that presence when needed.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:04 pm

mmmmmm Yer but the so called super hatrick from rooney was over shadowed by the mancs singin ARE YOU WATCHIN EVERTON ALL NIGHT ??? and fenerbache must have been sh#t to let 6 in :p
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:06 pm

Maybe Stevie Gerrard, but he's gotta be watching that thinking 'What has changed here from last season?'.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:08 pm

Fu ck it we're all gutted, lets not argue amongst ourselves until tomorrow at least,
Man for Man we were better than them,
the free kick took a wicked deflection and they scored. We we're shi te tonight , thats football but please please please nobody talk about other results tonight  . OK ?
See you lads tomorrow .
Walk On .......... :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:09 pm

centre-half a definite..as we've been saying for well over a year.

the zonal farce has to be addressed quickly
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:10 pm

madred wrote:The leader you speak about fivecups must arrive in the shape of a world class centre half when the window re-opens or asap. All the other big teams have them at the heart of their sides. Liverpool dont seem to have a out and out commanding presence there? Hyypia was that a few seasons ago but he no longer seems to have that presence when needed.

I'm sorry mate but if we play like this until January we won't be even in the top five. This is emberassing, at least put up some kind of fight, lose with pride.

Next two away games: vs Chelsea, vs. Fulham.

I hope Rafa knows what he's doing, the players are really showing no effort when we're away. So much for sleeping good for the rest of the week.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:11 pm

Tonight we where poor, but it did highlight the problem areas:

Dudek, awful, to the brink of being embarasing. Kirkland is ready, now is the time for the big fella. Dudek insists on diving backwards instead of towards the ball, and his distribution is appalling.

Finnan, not good enough. Nunez needs to get fit and ASAP. Finnan for all his efforts and work rate is avarage at best.

Zonal marking, I will not say it has to go, as Rafa made it work to great effect at Valencia, and knows what he is doing, the system needs time to sink in with the boys.

Collina, no longer the best referee in the World. He gave some herrendous decisions, and he frankly gave the Greeks everytime they looked for a decision. This is not sour grapes.

Squad, not good enough. Diao and Biscan on the bench do not inspire, and there was no one on the bench tonight who  you could look at to come on and truly change the game.

all in all, a poor performance, but some of the expletives you people are using are bang out of order. Did you think we would win the Premeir League and Champs League double in the first season?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion