Transfer policy still a shambles!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu May 07, 2015 12:10 pm

After being linked with another good player in Memphis Depay and watching him go to United I often wonder why will top players not come to us ?

Are we not meeting wage demands ? Can't Rodgers attract the top players ?  Is Ian Ayre a muppet ?

I don't know, but its p!ssing me off!

After Sanchez last year and Depay now, what is it that makes them say no?

Just offer them the extra £40k a week! instead of buying DROSS!

Who were Manchester City when they signed Tevez,Robinho, Toure, Aguero and Silva?  My point is PAY them, before we end up blowing another £100,000,000 on sh!te just because they'll accept £50k a week.

Bet we end up with Milner and Ings...

Don't tell me Ings scores goals for Burnley because Borini scores goals for Sunderland..... 

It's pathetic TBH....   
And I know the window isnt even close to being open yet!
Kopite-Jud

Postby C-R » Thu May 07, 2015 12:12 pm

Feel your frustration mate, i feel exactly the same way right now

With the current owners, management team etc... we are never going to compete for top players  :no
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Thu May 07, 2015 12:25 pm

This is worrisome now, it's getting beyond a joke.  :veryangry
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Thu May 07, 2015 12:55 pm

Its not the wages we offer that puts any decent player off, its the Bodj
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Thu May 07, 2015 1:14 pm

C-R » May 7th, '15, 12:12 wrote:Feel your frustration mate, i feel exactly the same way right now

With the current owners, management team etc... we are never going to compete for top players  :no

But the Owners have invested heavily, they've given BR £250m+ to bring in good quality. BR is constantly in the proverbial candy store and has wasted it on players LFC just didn't need.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Thu May 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Can't believe we lost out on the best player we were linked with after us reportedly flying him in the other week for talks  :down: 
I can only hope fenway are looking at this and realize they fooked up by not getting van gaal in 3 years ago and instead caved in to bodgers demands.

Every year we are getting worse under these clowns and it will not change this year either.  We will as usual tie up the bulk of our business early and then p!$$ around lying that we are interested in marquee players.
One of the biggest problems is that the bodge doesn't know what a marquee player is. He can run his mouth off all he wants about needing this and that and crying about what other clubs are doing but he is up to his neck in this shyte with that other clown ayre.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Thu May 07, 2015 3:20 pm

Is it that hard to understand why they won't come?

1. WAGES! The owners are trying to slim down the wage structure and is confirmed with all the contract talks leaked regarding Sterling, Skrtel.
There are 2 reasons the owners wants only young players. Resale value and low wages, that's it!
2. FFS, the top players want to win things and that means having top players at the club to entice them. We have almost none.
And right now there are many clubs who can offer better in both departments.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby killerp » Thu May 07, 2015 3:35 pm

f*ck depay, we have Origi waiting to come in!

I'm sure he will score 20 goals in his first season, Rodgers says he is a wonderful technician, brilliant attitude, workrate.... Blah blah blah....
killerp

Postby Penguins » Thu May 07, 2015 3:53 pm

Don't forget all the potential he has.
He is just scoring a ton in france......

Well, we know what the average age of the transfers is going to be in the summer...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu May 07, 2015 5:37 pm

We won't move forward under these owners IMO. They just don't have the funds to pay top wages or fees.
Its true that they have invested quite a bit but its not enough.
Football has turned into a game of money as we all know.  Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, City and United have it.  Until we have it, we can only dream of having a strong season every few years.

Look at the striking options Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea and City have... and then look at ours...
Lambert, Balotelli, Borini and a crocked Sturridge.

How long do we think Sterling + Coutinho will stay at our club if one of the above puts in an offer?

Depressing, but the harsh reality of the modern game.  Money is whats needed to get back among the top clubs.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu May 07, 2015 6:03 pm

jacdaniel » Thu May 07, 2015 4:37 pm wrote:We won't move forward under these owners IMO. They just don't have the funds to pay top wages or fees.
Its true that they have invested quite a bit but its not enough.
Football has turned into a game of money as we all know.  Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, PSG, City and United have it.  Until we have it, we can only dream of having a strong season every few years.

Look at the striking options Barca, Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea and City have... and then look at ours...
Lambert, Balotelli, Borini and a crocked Sturridge.

How long do we think Sterling + Coutinho will stay at our club if one of the above puts in an offer?

Depressing, but the harsh reality of the modern game.  Money is whats needed to get back among the top clubs.

Very true I'm afraid. The owners don't seem to have a clue about football. I honestly worry. The type of players we're linked with aren't very inspiring. Benteke would be ok. Pirlo, though just a rumour, would be interesting, but a likely failure due to the quality (or lack of) around him. Danny Ings...huh? Decent, but not the right mentality for us.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby kazza » Thu May 07, 2015 7:16 pm

What no one is mentioning is we need a bigger stadium for more revenue. It is about money and the the more you make to more you can spend on wages. There is talk of Utd offering De gay 200,000 per week, that is for a keeper for fecks sake. the "big clubs" mentioned all have big stadiums (or a rich sugar daddy clever enough to twist the fair play rules but even those days are numbered). We will not be able to compete until we have 60-70k coming to every match. If Spurs get a new stadium, they will be a bigger club than us. It is no use blaming the owners as they cannot just give the club money, the club needs to be a sound business entity. That wont happen until we can compete with Utd and Arsenal in terms of attendance. We buy kids because they accept lower wages.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Thu May 07, 2015 7:34 pm

I'm really worried about the future of the club at this point.  First the owners wanted a DOF.  Comolli failed miserably.  Then we hired Rodgers and apparently wouldn't hire a new DOF.  Then there is a transfer committee... Since the Carroll transfer they seem reluctant to spend big on any 1 player.  It seems like the owners have no real idea what they're doing and just keep jumping from 1 approach to the next. I imagine it will change again this summer.

We have a manager who has shown some promise when he's had good players to work with but doesn't seem to have an eye for a player or be able to build a club. 

We have no experience left in the team.  Gerrard and Carra retired.  Reina, Suarez and Agger all gone and not properly replaced.  I like Hendo but I don't think he is suitable for the captain role.  We have no players with a serious passion for the club.

Huge work to be done during the summer and I'm not so confident we'll get much done.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Thu May 07, 2015 7:39 pm

kazza » Thu May 07, 2015 6:16 pm wrote:What no one is mentioning is we need a bigger stadium for more revenue. It is about money and the the more you make to more you can spend on wages. There is talk of Utd offering De gay 200,000 per week, that is for a keeper for fecks sake. the "big clubs" mentioned all have big stadiums (or a rich sugar daddy clever enough to twist the fair play rules but even those days are numbered). We will not be able to compete until we have 60-70k coming to every match. If Spurs get a new stadium, they will be a bigger club than us. It is no use blaming the owners as they cannot just give the club money, the club needs to be a sound business entity. That wont happen until we can compete with Utd and Arsenal in terms of attendance. We buy kids because they accept lower wages.

Very true about the stadium.  I see what you are saying and I've always been against sugar daddy ownerships but its getting to a point were its neccesary.  I wish we could get one now and get back competing.  My whole life I've had belief in our 5 year plans but after every single one has failed I am losing hope.
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Kopite-Jud » Thu May 07, 2015 9:29 pm

Valdes Falcao Mkitharyan Depay Willian Costa Sanchez

Big names... Lost them all to rivals (except Mkitharyan) I don't believe for a second that FSG solely spend the budget on "young promising talent" I agree they invest in youth but the names above are at the top of their games that we have openly tried to sign and missed out on. 

why?

I think it's 30% wages 70% Rodgers. He's won NOTHING he's signed DROSS and whether you believe it's the committee's fault or not he has the final say on transfers.  We need a winning manager  with a pedigree.
Kopite-Jud

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion