Liverpool was 'shambles': diouf

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby laza » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:57 am

This was on SBS world game site and i suppose the man is well qualified to talk about shambles.

Liverpool striker El-Hadji Diouf has criticised the way former manager Gerard Houllier ran the club.

The 23-year-old Senegal international is now on loan at Bolton and claims he is relieved to have left Anfield.

Diouf, who scored only three Premiership goals in 55 appearances for Liverpool, revealed there were splits in the squad and that led to infighting.

He told The Sun: "It was a shambles there. The players had enemies amongst themselves."

"The squad was not close-knit. The French were on one side, the English and Czechs on the other."

"It's a great relief to have left Liverpool. Houllier never managed to get the respect of players."
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:07 am

Does anyone know the facts behind this story. He might be exagerating but I am sure there is some truth to this story judging by how they played last year. I wander if any of these players are still with us, and could this be why any of them were sold.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:14 am

We have all heard about the them and us issue I think its true, owen ,carra ,murphy, gerrard. Then it was in groups of own nationalitys this is no good we need our team to play as a team as one unit as raffa has stated thats what he intends to do. On rthe diouff issue im a bit puzzelled why raffa didnt keep him he might have brought the best out in the 10mill flop.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:20 am

probably because he's a devisive character not a one to conform to unity ....

and he was a big time flop and did nothing during the Boss' assessment of the players to prove otherwise ! Lol
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:22 am

bet houllier will love him for this :D

KOP flop El-Hadji Diouf has launched an astonishing attack on former Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier.

Senegal striker Diouf, who moved to Bolton on loan last month, blamed the French boss for his two-year nightmare on Merseyside.

He alleges Houllier misled him and ran a dressing room torn apart by cliques. And he reveals some Liverpool players hate each other.

But his main target is Houllier himself, sacked as Liverpool boss and replaced by Spaniard Rafael Benitez this summer.

Diouf said: “For me, Houllier is not cut out to be a manager.”

Houllier paid £10million to buy Diouf, 23, from French club Lens as a result of his starring performances for Senegal at the 2002 World Cup.

However, he later pinpointed Diouf’s disappointing displays for Liverpool as one of the reasons for his dismissal.

Diouf, speaking for the first time since moving to Bolton, added: “When he signed me, he assured me he wanted to play me as a striker. That’s a load of bull.

“He persisted in making me play defensively. That is not my position. He never kept his word.

“I never got on with him and never felt good in the team. I needed friendship and confidence.

“But there was none of that at Liverpool. I’m someone who likes to laugh and joke but I became very reserved there.

“Houllier didn’t even want me to go to the African Nations Cup in February but I don’t let myself be pushed around.

“I had been keeping my mouth shut for some time by then. I was disgusted by the way he treated me but said nothing out of respect for the team.

“But I really cracked when he tried to stop me going with Senegal. He blamed me for things I never did. Frankly, he let me down.

“Houllier blames his players after a defeat — he did it all the time at Liverpool.

“He often picked me out to justify certain defeats. Do you find that normal from a manager?”
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:38 am

funny no other ex player has made such a scathing attack.. on loan ay... no one wanted him..ay  Destitute in the scheme of things ay :( sounds like sor grapes..just a hint  :glare:
Last edited by zarababe on Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:41 am

:D Diouff Diouff is on fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
:laugh:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:43 am

:D  drunk from all those sour grapes ..:D :laugh:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:46 am

Ive heard that the players hate him because hes gay and was caught with his trousers down in some shady car park in a very embarissing position :p  :;):  :glare:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:50 am

wow.. really.. who with Moores :laugh:

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 9:54 am

and gerrard despises him because of this :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:08 am

moores must be devastated :D

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:19 am

Ahhhhh!  Zarababe! Thats not cool... :oops:
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Ciggy » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:20 am

:D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:31 am

We will never know if all that has been reported was really said by Diouf. The only thing certain is the part about Houllier blaming his players. He has done this so many times and in public. Remember him slaging off David Ginola who Houllier said "committed a sin punishable by execution"? Or publicly lambasting Gerrard for Liverpool's exit at the hands of FC Basel in the CL? Actually Liverpool lost home and away to Valencia and then drew home and away to Basel, that was if but he decided to chide Gerrard and proceeded to drop him for a couple of games.

How about that kind of approach in man-management? If the players play as if they are so scared of losing and does not have confidence, it is perhaps they are afraid of the Houllier equivalent of a hairdryer treatment, the difference being that Houllier chooses to go public!

As for Diouf, he could have showed a better attitude and awareness when he plays. Pot calling the kettle black...
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion