Lfc v olympiakos - Shambles

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:15 pm

We where shocking tonight. We cannot take one thing from the match. Olympiacos are not that great either so its very dissapointing  :down:
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:15 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Tonight we where poor, but it did highlight the problem areas:

Dudek, awful, to the brink of being embarasing. Kirkland is ready, now is the time for the big fella. Dudek insists on diving backwards instead of towards the ball, and his distribution is appalling.

Finnan, not good enough. Nunez needs to get fit and ASAP. Finnan for all his efforts and work rate is avarage at best.

Zonal marking, I will not say it has to go, as Rafa made it work to great effect at Valencia, and knows what he is doing, the system needs time to sink in with the boys.

Collina, no longer the best referee in the World. He gave some herrendous decisions, and he frankly gave the Greeks everytime they looked for a decision. This is not sour grapes.

Squad, not good enough. Diao and Biscan on the bench do not inspire, and there was no one on the bench tonight who  you could look at to come on and truly change the game.

all in all, a poor performance, but some of the expletives you people are using are bang out of order. Did you think we would win the Premeir League and Champs League double in the first season?

Leon you're missing the ****** point, we're not expecting the Reds to win the Premier League or the Champions League we are expecting them to give a ****** fight to their opponents when they play, not slack off and have 2 damn shots on goal in the first half.

Kirkland needs to start against Chelsea. Josemi needs to go back to defending, why the hell is Finnan still here?

Use Warnock for some Premier League matches keep him away from the Champions League. Harry Kewell needs a wake up call.

Somebody needs to step up and be a leader. Alonso,Garcia,Carragher,etc... whoever has the leadership characteristics needs to step up. We can't depend on Gerrard to save us in every game.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Gareth G » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:24 pm

greenred wrote:we were complete sh.ite.Their goalie hardly had to make a save. :(

Correction, he didn't have to make a save!!!

All i can say is (aside from the poor performance) that for such a highly regarded ref tonight, he was pathetic. I seriously think some refs hate us and give everything against us!

And Rivaldo, don't get me started on that F*ck, i have no respect for that toss*r at all. He was going down looking for free kicks at the drop of a hat, i have hated him ever since that world cup game were i thought someone from the crowd shot him on the face as he was hit with the ball on the knee....
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby madred » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:26 pm

They all used dirty tricks not just Rivaldo but if they try all that s**t at Anfield i hope we all let our feelings known to the c***s! :angry:
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:30 pm

Still can't deny the fact that we couldn't make one chance of scoring even if the ref was horrible.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:31 pm

I must agree that the ref was awful tonight. He fell for every trick in the book. Maybe its as well hes retiring soon  :;):
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby shagasaurus80 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:31 pm

Looks like its back to Madrid for you pal.
27 years just waiting for a chance to win a major trophy
Give silverwear a glance
For 27 years we've been living next door to city
CITY, WHO THE F*CK ARE CITY
shagasaurus80

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:33 pm

shagasaurus80 wrote:Looks like its back to Madrid for you pal.

Screw Madrid, their defence was poor. Even Blackpool has a better defence than they do  :D

And don't get too cocky either about your Shrek scoring three goals, afterall you did win at Trafford.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:34 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:Dudek, awful, to the brink of being embarasing. Kirkland is ready, now is the time for the big fella. Dudek insists on diving backwards instead of towards the ball, and his distribution is appalling.

Finnan, not good enough. Nunez needs to get fit and ASAP. Finnan for all his efforts and work rate is avarage at best.

Collina, no longer the best referee in the World. He gave some herrendous decisions, and he frankly gave the Greeks everytime they looked for a decision. This is not sour grapes.

Squad, not good enough. Diao and Biscan on the bench do not inspire, and there was no one on the bench tonight who  you could look at to come on and truly change the game.

Agree with all that especially Dudek. A switch of keeper would revitalise the confidence of the defence. Just wish Chris Kirkland would stay fit for a reasonable period of time.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:37 pm

shagasaurus80 wrote:Looks like its back to Madrid for you pal.

Hey what happened to your swaying bazongas?? Your current avatar is the last thing I need to see tonight. If you must post on another teams forum at least bring back the swaying bazongas.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:44 pm

Swaying bazongas.......not even that can cheer me up, solution to all problems: BEER as Homer J Simpson would say.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:45 pm

A.B. wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:Tonight we where poor, but it did highlight the problem areas:

Dudek, awful, to the brink of being embarasing. Kirkland is ready, now is the time for the big fella. Dudek insists on diving backwards instead of towards the ball, and his distribution is appalling.

Zonal marking, I will not say it has to go, as Rafa made it work to great effect at Valencia, and knows what he is doing, the system needs time to sink in with the boys.

all in all, a poor performance, but some of the expletives you people are using are bang out of order. Did you think we would win the Premeir League and Champs League double in the first season?

Leon you're missing the ****** point, we're not expecting the Reds to win the Premier League or the Champions League we are expecting them to give a ****** fight to their opponents when they play, not slack off and have 2 damn shots on goal in the first half.

Kirkland needs to start against Chelsea. Josemi needs to go back to defending, why the hell is Finnan still here?

Use Warnock for some Premier League matches keep him away from the Champions League. Harry Kewell needs a wake up call.

Somebody needs to step up and be a leader. Alonso,Garcia,Carragher,etc... whoever has the leadership characteristics needs to step up. We can't depend on Gerrard to save us in every game.

You slag my post then agree with it, what is your problem soft lad?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:47 pm

I think your all going well over the top.  Yes we where poor tonight, but it happens.. to every team.  We still have 3 points and I hate to say this but this IS a new team.  They have only played 8 competitive games.  It will take time.  Calm down and get real.  The improvement in attacking football has been amazing for most of the season.  We are going the right way, its just gonna take time
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:48 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:I think your all going well over the top.  Yes we where poor tonight, but it happens.. to every team.  We still have 3 points and I hate to say this but this IS a new team.  They have only played 8 competitive games.  It will take time.  Calm down and get real.  The improvement in attacking football has been amazing for most of the season.  We are going the right way, its just gonna take time

Hear Hear.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shagasaurus80 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:48 pm

Well ab now that YOU reminded me  :D  the lad was kind of special tonight.Be even better when he settles in  :laugh:
Did You see it on tv? : "where you entertained? WHERE YOU ENTERTAINED? "
It really could and should have been more .But 6 will do. This DOWNWARD SPIRAL is great and long may it continue. :laugh:
27 years just waiting for a chance to win a major trophy
Give silverwear a glance
For 27 years we've been living next door to city
CITY, WHO THE F*CK ARE CITY
shagasaurus80

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion