Lfc v man city - 4-3-3 possibly?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:35 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:SIX Stars On The Shirt.
Champions League's Still Gleaming.
Very Few Years Of Hurt.
Because...We Always....Win...erm...Stuff.

* I couldn't think of anything to rhyme with "gleaming"

beaming, seeming, steaming, creaming
112-1077774096

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:39 am

Redeaming, teaming, dreaming.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby WhIpLaSh » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:14 am

One of the biggest plus points to come out of this rather dreary game was Stevie G on the score-sheet again. He seems to have that hunger in his eyes again in front of goal.

If Bellamy, Crouch, God or Kuyt could start firing consistently, with Stevie having another double figure goal season, we would be right back in it. Let everyone wax lyrical about the Man scum and Chelski, we could sneak in the back and make a late charge, it's never impossible.
Everytime you win, you're reborn. Everytime you lose, you die a little.
WhIpLaSh

Postby puroresu » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:13 am

WhIpLaSh wrote:One of the biggest plus points to come out of this rather dreary game was Stevie G on the score-sheet again. He seems to have that hunger in his eyes again in front of goal.

If Bellamy, Crouch, God or Kuyt could start firing consistently, with Stevie having another double figure goal season, we would be right back in it. Let everyone wax lyrical about the Man scum and Chelski, we could sneak in the back and make a late charge, it's never impossible.

I dont think so mate.  We dont even look like scoring goals.  We are not creating anything and i cant honestly say we are as good as Man Utd or chelsea.  We know those 2 will win most of there games yet we cant even win away.
puroresu

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:15 am

A win is a win.

You can't expect to watch a good game when a team comes to put the bus on front of the goalie and stands so deep in their half. Man city was ultra conservative.

Our mistake was that we should have buried the game sooner than we did. In this kind of games when the oposition holds the score they start growing, they start believing on what they're doing and you start to put nervous. Things went like that and Corradi even shot in min 63 near the post (BTW Rafa should be angry you cannot allow to generate that much danger from a throw in situation).

Fortunately enough Gerrard finished the game superbly.

We didn't finish the game earlier because my country mate Luis Garcia seemed to be anxious to score and was too selfish. It really amazes me hoy he can control a ball like he did (that's difficult) and instead of giving it to the waiting and working Crouch and Kuyjt he tried to finish in the first post! :censored: off! that's not only not the  best option but the worse! A ball back and that's a goal! :angry: He did some nice tricks to watch aswell but important things must be done well.

I liked Zenden whatever many of you think of him. He's a team player, works for the team and did work a lot on that game. I mean lot as in lot.

I should mention Kuijt. He worked a lot with no prize. LG should have rewarded his work with a nice back pass. Everbody will be commenting Gerrard's goal, but Kuyt made a very good tackle, touched the ball and put the ball to Gerrard. Having that attitude of awareness and work in min 67 of the match talks well about Dirk. Well done lad.

Crouch's game was more grey, but it wasn't an easy game for him.

All in all 3 points. Which is the butter and the bread. I don't expect to see nice thingies on this kind of games.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:26 am

desperado0831 wrote:I am still with lot of hopes upon my chest that we can win the league title.

Why do people still keep barking on about winning the prem, we have to win away from home first, its so annoying the way people think we have got the god given right to win it, we havent.
No one has.
Chelsea play boring at home and away they grind out 1 nil wins like we did saturday.
It wasnt pretty but its 3 points, City came for a point we did well to finally get a breakthrough in a resilute defence.
Still unbeaten at Anfield in 23 games.
Not many teams can say the same.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:18 pm

Ciggy wrote:Still unbeaten at Anfield in 23 games.

I think we are the only team who can say "Still unbeaten at Anfield in 23 games."  :eyebrow
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby peterc1992 » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:56 pm

Ciggy wrote:Still unbeaten at Anfield in 23 games.

yeh mate ,no other team can say that if were the team unbeaten at anfield in 23 games :p
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:11 pm

:rasp  All right smart @rses, you know what I meant  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:40 pm

Did anyone notice how deep SG played on Saturday?
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion