Baros possibly on the move! - Taken from lfc.tv

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Gareth G » Sat May 22, 2004 10:10 pm

To be honest, this doesn't surprise me, the lad's a top player and doesn't get on enough, now his chances are going to be even more slim when Cisse come's. Have a read below.

Insider sources have maintained for some time that the player is unsettled and with the arrival of Djibril Cisse clearly on his mind, the player was even rumoured to have instructed his agent to get him out of Anfield.

Baros is popular with the Anfield faithful because he always shows determination and effort, unlike some of the other pretenders that we have become used to watching. We're already aware that PSV are keen on signing him and Newcastle United manager Bobby Robson was linked with the Czech international earlier in the season.

His agent Pavel Paska has confirmed that Villa have made an enquiry. He said: "Villa officials have been in contact about Baros. We will see what happens."
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Sat May 22, 2004 10:21 pm

Baros is too good for Villa,Newcastle and PSV.But I dont blame him for feeling unsettled the way he has been treated this season.We should pull out all the stops to hold on to him.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Sat May 22, 2004 10:23 pm

It would be an absolute disgrace to let him leave,but knowing Houllier's utter contempt for popular opinion,and the club's desire to claw in any money it can for a transfer kitty,the sale of Milan Baros would seem the most likely departure if a new manager isn't in place within a couple of weeks.
         I find incredible how GH claimed we had missed Baros when he was out injured,yet seemed determined not to play him when fit.I know there was supposed to have been a little bit of youngster hi-jinks in the players car-park,but to condemn the lad to the subs bench when others were just labouring in the team is farcical.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 22, 2004 10:29 pm

the only way I would be happy Baros leaving is if we have someone like Kluivert coming in.

knowing GH he probably has some French guy from div2!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby daddyo » Sat May 22, 2004 11:04 pm

T'would be yet another gaffe from the man.

But he's desperate, drinking in the 'last chance saloon'-desperate men do desperate things! :(
daddyo

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 22, 2004 11:23 pm

but Tony Adams isn't our manager, is he?  :p
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 23, 2004 1:04 am

Baros should have an excellent Euro 2004 with the Czech Republic side.  I think they can get to the latter stages of the competition.  Houllier will be in Portugal because he never misses a major championship.  Let's hope Baros makes a massive statement of intent that would make selling him a huge mistake.
jonnymac1979

Postby cheesecakery » Sun May 23, 2004 1:32 am

Millwall  :laugh:
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby murphy0151 » Sun May 23, 2004 11:52 am

If he goes then its a shame, I can understand his frustration, the way he has been treated in the final run in is shocking.  You would off thought he got a run out in the last game.  Even if it was only for 20 mins, but no GHplays Emile who he then sells a couple off days later. I would be fumming meself if i awas milan. 

I only hope Milann satys intill we get our new manager. PLz dont go
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby haps » Sun May 23, 2004 12:07 pm

Don't reckon GH will have any further say in transfer deals in or out.  Baros may have his agent on the look out but if anyone at the club has any common sense they'll tell the boy to hang on a bit.  He's going to have a blinding tournament in Portugal and there's no way O'Neill or Benitez will let him go.....I hope.  Remember Jari Litmanen and how we got the best out of him?  And he was nearer the end of his career not the beginning.
haps

Postby Sean » Sun May 23, 2004 12:40 pm

If Baros is determined to move on, hopefully he will have a fantastic Euro 2004 so that we can make a few bob on him.

Seán
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby banana » Sun May 23, 2004 12:55 pm

Owen and Heskey were ****** most of the season. Baros should have played more games for us. I unfortunately think he has to move on for the sake of his own career. If we get a decent manager he might start picking players based on their true skills rather than their names. Then maybe Baros can stay a little longer.
If football is banned in heaven. I'd rather go to hell.
banana
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Sun May 23, 2004 3:03 pm

Here's some more on the subject, again taken from LFC.TV.

The highly-rated Czech international is unlikely to be allowed to leave Anfield cheaply, even though he won't be first choice next season with the imminent arrival of Djibril Cisse.

His agent Pavel Paska confirmed: "Villa officials have been in contact about Baros. We will see what happens."

Nothing hopefully!
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 23, 2004 3:53 pm

if that happens then it is another example of an incredible talent who's career has gone absolutely nowhere under gerrard houllier. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun May 23, 2004 3:56 pm

It's not very fair for Baros to be let out before given enough space to prove. In my opinion, Baros is a time bomb, he can explode anywhere sometimes. Letting him go can be a big mistake. If GH to go -which is just likely, Baros may be able to pursue his missing chances.
Take good care of him and the golden side of him will soonly be revealed. I firmly believe.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion