Lfc v man city - 4-3-3 possibly?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:30 am

poor game today but thank god we have Gerrard, once again showing the rest what it means to wear the red. kuyt and gerrard linking up well (again), i think we`ll see alot more of this

fingers crossed for a brutal draw tomorrow and the start of the fight back.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby azriahmad » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:40 am

Zenden is starting and/or playing in the middle way too much for my liking. His ball retention was absolutely poor, as is his passing. His work rate, though, a thing very much loved by Rafa is tops. He tries his best to get in the thick of the action does his fair share of work regardless of whether we are attacking or defending. This is something you can't knock him down for.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:46 am

Zenden is working hard and trying his best, whether his best is good enough for better opposition is another thing, but I thought he did well today. As long as he works hard and does his best he will get no complaints or knocking from me
account deleted by request

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:54 am

Decent performance. Job well done.

On Sky they said that Liverpool's home form equals that of Chelsea.

It's such a shame our away form is so poor. It's the attitude that is the problem.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:19 am

ugly performance until captain scoring but who cares never mind some injured players; another clean sheet; better confidence of reina; garcia ballwaster; odd formation; confused carra; helter skelter hyypia; elegant agger; consistent (nothing's new) finnan; fighting bolo; hard-working as always kuyt; frustrated crouch; decent riise; gerrard's first EPL goal and he's getting better; anfield is a strengthening fortress while all aways are remaining hells; we saw god; we're continuing climbing up with 3 points on hand.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby desperado0831 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:39 am

I am still with lot of hopes upon my chest that we can win the league title.
Reds is the sacred colour before this world was born.

desperado0831

Postby stmichael » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:22 pm

Thought we were pretty poor, but we got the points in the end. Texted a mate at half time with the word 'toothless', which summed up the performance to me in both halves. We had a lot of the ball, but seem to come up against an invisible wall when we get to the box - just don't seem to have any idea how to make chances against a really well organised defence.

Shining lights were Gerrard (who's getting back to form), Kuyt and Pennant when he came on. At the end of the day we got the result and that's the end of it. The fact of the matter is we've played ten times better than that away from home this season (Chelsea, Bolton, Everton) and got nothing.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:34 pm

stmichael wrote:Thought we were pretty poor, but we got the points in the end. Texted a mate at half time with the word 'toothless', which summed up the performance to me in both halves. We had a lot of the ball, but seem to come up against an invisible wall when we get to the box - just don't seem to have any idea how to make chances against a really well organised defence.

Shining lights were Gerrard (who's getting back to form), Kuyt and Pennant when he came on. At the end of the day we got the result and that's the end of it. The fact of the matter is we've played ten times better than that away from home this season (Chelsea, Bolton, Everton) and got nothing.

In our defence, City really did set out their stall to defend and basically played 5 at the back all day--any team will struggle to break them down when they set up like that.

Having said that, I thought we carved out a couple of very useful chances in the first half.  Had Crouchy and Garcia both shown a bit more composure, we could have been home and dry by half time.

In a match where we had to shuffle to cover injuries to key players and where we were coming off the back of a mid-week European match, I'll take a smash-and-grab job for the three points.

In fact, if the result's the same, I'll gladly take more of the same against Pompey.  A few more wins like this and we'll be back in the top four.  Then we can focus on playing teams off the park!
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby peterc1992 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:58 pm

desperado0831 wrote:I am still with lot of hopes upon my chest that we can win the league title.

Espicially with man utd and chelsea drawing,but theyl have to draw the next time we meet and wel have to be able to beat them both at home,its posible,
Chelsea may slip up against bolton during midweek,so thts 2 points  brought back on them(saying tht we win at anfield)

It possible but  unitedneed to stop winning too
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1161385641 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:07 pm

All my faith and belief that we could win the league faded after the Arsenal defeat, had we won that and gotten something out of the other matches we lost this season, I would say we are in with a shout, but I can't see it happening.
67-1161385641

Postby Scottbot » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:14 pm

Gobsmacked by the level of dispondency on here after a win (did we win?) It hasn't been a good start to the season and confidence is low while several players have been below their best. With that in mind i figured everyone would be a bit more positive on here. Scrappy win but who cares, another one on Wednesday would go down nicely.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:24 am

Went the game as per usual and watched us finally break down a resolute City side. We didn't play particularly well and struggled to create but came away with a win and 3 pts.

I too am a tad puzzled at fans general negativity as well. It would seem that these days we have to win and we have to win "well" whatever that means ???

City set their stall out from the off, playing one up front and Vassell as an extra midfielder. It wasn't pretty and didn't lend itself to good open and entertaining football.

I think some of us need to get a  little perspective here. Botoom line here is we won a difficult game 1-0 without setting the world of football alight.

When we are not considered an unentertaining team on the whole why do many fans inisit on a  "post mortem" every game ?
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hebz » Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:45 am

Its not totally impossible - the title that is. but its not completely within reach, if we were to grab the title we'd have to keep winning, both at home and away, we couldn't afford to lose even the smallest of games because to grab that top spot we'd need as many wins, and for the other teams to lose

but i dont see chelski and manu losing all their games, so it hurts me to say this, but the bad start to the season has cost us

however :) 3rd and 4th place are still within reach, and if we get there, then thats not a problem

i'd love it if we won the title, but we can still win the CL i have faith

walk on....!
Hebz

Postby The_Rock » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:29 am

This season is beginning to mirror rafa's 1st season....

Lets just forget the premier league......and  concerntrate on winning the champions league........again. :D
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:28 am

SIX Stars On The Shirt.
Champions League's Still Gleaming.
Very Few Years Of Hurt.
Because...We Always....Win...erm...Stuff.

* I couldn't think of anything to rhyme with "gleaming"
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion