Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Liverpool Football Club has announced that Brendan Rodgers will leave his post with immediate effect after having his contract terminated. The process to appoint a new manager is underway.

The Northern Irishman joined Liverpool FC in June 2012 and helped the club mount a memorable title challenge in his second season, as well as helping to develop many exciting young players. LFC's ownership have paid tribute and thanked Rodgers for his contribution.

In a joint Fenway Sports Group statement, Principal Owner John W Henry, Chairman Tom Werner and President Mike Gordon said:

“We would like to place on record our sincere thanks to Brendan Rodgers for the significant contribution he has made to the club and express our gratitude for his hard work and commitment.

“All of us have experienced some wonderful moments with Brendan as manager and we are confident he will enjoy a long career in the game.

“Although this has been a difficult decision, we believe it provides us with the best opportunity for success on the pitch. Ambition and winning are at the heart of what we want to bring to Liverpool and we believe this change gives us the best opportunity to deliver it.

“The search for a new manager is underway and we hope to make an appointment in a decisive and timely manner.”

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... an-rodgers
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:31 pm

C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:30 pm wrote:SACKED OFFICIAL

What?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:32 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Our next 5 Premiership games are Spuds away ,Saints at home ,Chelsea away ,Palace at our place and City away. Hand on heart who can envisage us moving up the table with those fixtures looming  ??? So lets see that's Pochettino,Koeman ,Mourinho ,Pardew,and Pelligrini that he will obviously tactically outwit  ???

He needs to go sharpish ,the man underlines tactical incompetence.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:32 pm

Well, now we can talk footie.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedAnt » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:32 pm

He drives me crazy. Here's an extract from his interview:

“Of course when you send a team out, you send them out to be relentless, committed and play with no fear. They did that today. If we are to replicate what we did two years ago, we will have to build something here again and that’s going to take time.

“That is frustrating because the supporters of the club have watched us grow for a couple of years, nearly win the league and then lose the quality of players that we have, and that can be very frustrating."

He's talking about how we built for a few seasons and then nearly won the league. Is he taking credit for work done before he arrived? He says that to replicate what we achieved that year we need to build more. Why? I don't understand this logic. What has he been doing for these 3 years? He's overseen the departure of big names like Agger, Reina, Carra, Gerrard, Suarez and Sterling and not much else. He took us to second but he's pretty much admitting that was down to others. If he could build a team to come second in his first season, why have we gone backwards in the following three?
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:32 pm wrote:Our next 5 Premiership games are Spuds away ,Saints at home ,Chelsea away ,Palace at our place and City away. Hand on heart who can envisage us moving up the table with those fixtures looming  ??? So lets see that's Pochettino,Koeman ,Mourinho ,Pardew,and Pelligrini that he will obviously tactically outwit  ???

he is gone http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-t ... an-rodgers
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Well. Rodgers gone. Official on club website. Didn't expect this tonight but I'd come to agree he was on borrowed time here.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm

Someone update the topic title. Ancelotti please ! Wouldnt mind Klopp but Carlo would be a game changer.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm

aCe' » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:34 pm wrote:Someone update the topic title. Ancelotti please ! Wouldnt mind Klopp but Carlo would be a game changer.

liverpool-fc-forum/if-brendan-rodgers-were-to-get-the-push-t30973-150.html
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:35 pm

“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:38 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:32 pm wrote:Our next 5 Premiership games are Spuds away ,Saints at home ,Chelsea away ,Palace at our place and City away. Hand on heart who can envisage us moving up the table with those fixtures looming  ??? So lets see that's Pochettino,Koeman ,Mourinho ,Pardew,and Pelligrini that he will obviously tactically outwit  ???

Forget all of the above ,my weekend has just improved immeasurably  :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:46 pm

NEW THREAD PLEASE!
I WILL NEVER TYPE THE WORDS BRENDON RODGERS AGAIN!
Attachments
liverpool_1250857c.jpg
liverpool_1250857c.jpg (34.54 KiB) Viewed 1342 times
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:48 pm

A name I never mentioned in the past 12 months...am glad I won't find a need to type his name again. Good riddance...
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:05 pm

johnbarnes » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:46 pm wrote:NEW THREAD PLEASE!
I WILL NEVER TYPE THE WORDS BRENDON RODGERS AGAIN!

Lol also your daily posts " has he gone yet".
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion