Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby lakes10 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:33 am

er Benitez did not use it first, Kenny used it before him to poke fun at the blues.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:24 pm

lakes10 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 am wrote:er Benitez did not use it first, Kenny used it before him to poke fun at the blues.

Less media coverage back then ,so I will credit Rafa with being the first to say it publicly ,knowing the backlash that would ensue ! Other than that the current incumbent has less leadership,credibility ,intelligence ,decorum ,patience ,humility ,generosity ,affinity ,common sense ,medals ,trophies ,but decidedly 'more' arrogance ,stupidity ,ego ,fallibility ,room for error ,haplessness ,more rabbit , and dare I say drums up more genuine abhorrence than
any manager that has gone before him .....Should I go on  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:59 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:24 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:33 am wrote:er Benitez did not use it first, Kenny used it before him to poke fun at the blues.

Less media coverage back then ,so I will credit Rafa with being the first to say it publicly ,knowing the backlash that would ensue ! Other than that the current incumbent has less leadership,credibility ,intelligence ,decorum ,patience ,humility ,generosity ,affinity ,common sense ,medals ,trophies ,but decidedly 'more' arrogance ,stupidity ,ego ,fallibility ,room for error ,haplessness ,more rabbit , and dare I say drums up more genuine abhorrence than
any manager that has gone before him .....Should I go on  ???

any manager that has gone before him .....Should I go on

^^^Made me laugh - Like Monty Python - Pure Class^^^
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:41 pm

Was speaking to some mates earlier that live close to Anfield,  they said that there is strong news circulating around the ground that no matter the result on Sunday, BR will be gone next week! Has anybody  else heard this?  Frank De Boer anyone......saw the comments he made today!
Last edited by Kash_Mountain on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:22 pm

I personally don't think you can sack someone after winning the derby but the timing would be right as it would give 2 weeks due to the international break to get someone in

I like Frank Deboer I think he is a very good coach but in terms of getting a belief back in the squad I don't think he can do much

saying that anyone that would come with those necessary skills wouldn't interested

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 pm

LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:22 pm wrote:I personally don't think you can sack someone after winning the derby but the timing would be right as it would give 2 weeks due to the international break to get someone in

I like Frank Deboer I think he is a very good coach but in terms of getting a belief back in the squad I don't think he can do much

saying that anyone that would come with those necessary skills wouldn't interested

Klopp took Dortmund to a CL final, DeBoer has won just 12 of 39 CL games as Ajax coach and hasn't got them out of the group stages in 5 years. Yes he's done well in the domestic game in Holland but let's not forget Steve McLaren took a team who hadn't won the Dutch league for 40 years to the title over there.
It would be just typical of this club to go for someone like DeBoer when by all accounts Klopp would be happy to come here.
The lack of ambition at this club is staggering.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:12 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 pm wrote:
LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:22 pm wrote:I personally don't think you can sack someone after winning the derby but the timing would be right as it would give 2 weeks due to the international break to get someone in

Klopp took Dortmund to a CL final, DeBoer has won just 12 of 39 CL games as Ajax coach and hasn't got them out of the group stages in 5 years. Yes he's done well in the domestic game in Holland but let's not forget Steve McLaren took a team who hadn't won the Dutch league for 40 years to the title over there.
It would be just typical of this club to go for someone like DeBoer when by all accounts Klopp would be happy to come here.

I agree. De Boer should be a last choice on a short list of 3.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:32 pm

It has to be said though that De Boar does know what a world class standard football match looks like and knows the level that world class players should be at to win. After all, he did it himself on the pitch. So he'll be an upgrade on what we already have; regardless of what the fans may think.
Bring it on!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:37 pm

With McClaren under pressure in the North East; De Boer is also being linked with them which would be a fantastic fit for the Geordies; perhaps not us.
REALLY hope FSG don't bottle it and get KLOPP in...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby chriserfolg » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:51 pm

Time to go Rodgers .

The club should be going for either Kloop or Ancelotti  . These managers have good reputation and experience , will be a MAJOR MAJOR upgrade over Rodgers and we desperately need that .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Excellent post which has been mentioned probably 500 times before

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:08 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:45 pm wrote:

That lack of ambition parades itself in front of the dug out in a posh suit for 90 minutes every week.

While I definitely think De-Boer is a massive upgrade on the w@nker we have now I agree that it is the cheapest option available for FSG and the one they will most likely opt for.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:17 pm

It does appear that the end is nigh for Rodgers and it’s looking increasingly unlikely that he will be in charge after the international break. Don’t know about de Boer but Ayre and Gordon have met with Ancelotti in the US.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:27 pm

Kash_Mountain » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:41 pm wrote:Was speaking to some mates earlier that live close to Anfield,  they said that there is strong news circulating around the ground that no matter the result on Sunday, BR will be gone next week! Has anybody  else heard this?  Frank De Boer anyone......saw the comments he made today!

Victory in the derby match will possibly see us in the top 4.
I can't see FSG replacing BR if thats the case.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:36 pm

I would favour Ancelotti or Rafa too... for the simple reason either would definately sort our defence out. To see a Liverpool team so weak and easy to score against is cracking me up , and has been like this for too long. I dont know much about Klopp , but i do know when he lost his best two players they sunk like a stone. ( sounds familiar )   I remember seeing him going nuts in one game and cantona kicking advertising boards etc  :oops: Im not too sure his temperament would hold in the premiership especially with these players  ???
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion