Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby ballotelliman » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:52 pm

he said when he first came he wants defenders to play from back and he dont mind if mistakes are made. In 2 years the defending has been shocking so woteva hes doing in training isnt working. He wont bring in help which seems very stupid to me and shelfish.
ballotelliman
LFC Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:23 pm

ballotelliman » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:52 pm wrote:he said when he first came he wants defenders to play from back and he dont mind if mistakes are made. In 2 years the defending has been shocking so woteva hes doing in training isnt working. He wont bring in help which seems very stupid to me and shelfish.

Photo of BR, yesterday
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Octsky » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:12 am

we pressed well during second half vs stoke,
this is missing for large part of the season, continue doing this we'll be ok.

starting lineup on sat:
                  mig
johno - skertel - toure - enrique
allen - hendo - lucash
counti - lambert - sterling

out of 100m spent last season only lambert, a 4m signing was on the pitch,
the rest 96m of signings are deemed not good enough.
whoever made the signings should have his abilities seriously questioned
Octsky
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:27 am

Interesting as when I looked through your team my immediate thought was 'where's all the new signings, ie where's the money?'.

I support BR however I agree he needs a damn good kicking until he realises that last year he got a free ride and he needs to start again as if on Day 1 and learn how to get the best out of this squad and eat humble pie if necessary.

It's a hard slog supporting this club, every time there's light at the end of the tunnel you realise it's a train coming the other way.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:09 am

Lets just point out, the result and performance against Stoke had positives and wasn't as bad as someone as would have you believe... BUT.... it was acheived with...

Mignolet - A complete flop, never has or will be good enough but can produce a performance. A keeper who has been here a year too long.

Johnson - A dog average waster who should have been sold after his second season at the club. Was never good enough, 5 years for me to applaud something he's done in a game (make no misake, that header took bottle) even if it was the only none spineless thing he's done in his LFC career.

Enrique - Someone Rodgers clearly wants rid off to play a useless kid. Yet another player he's trying to downgrade on ship out.

Skrtel - Should never have been signed for us in the first place, then should have been sold soon as his value improved slightly. Never been upto it.

Toure - A replacement, not improvement, on a 35 year old Carragher.

Lucas - What the hell he's still doing at the club so long after is completely baffling (not that he was poor, he tried and looked steady, but that doesnt make him good and never will... should never be near a Liverpool squad, after three years and £200,000,000 he's the best we can muster?

Henderson - Not his player, a decent squad player at best in the right system and team can do a job, nothing to write home about.

Allen - Same only Rodgers massively overpayed for him.

Coutinho - His only superb signing and player of GENUINE quality who top clubs would look at.

Lambert, a stop gap were getting what we payed for (no problem with him or his signing

£200,000,000... I want to cry.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:39 am

Stu the Red » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:09 pm wrote:Lets just point out, the result and performance against Stoke had positives and wasn't as bad as someone as would have you believe... BUT.... it was acheived with...

Mignolet - A complete flop, never has or will be good enough but can produce a performance. A keeper who has been here a year too long.
HE'S NOT THAT BAD, JUST CHARACTERLESS. HE DOES AN OK JOB, WILL NEVER BE SPECTACULAR.

Johnson - A dog average waster who should have been sold after his second season at the club. Was never good enough, 5 years for me to applaud something he's done in a game (make no misake, that header took bottle) even if it was the only none spineless thing he's done in his LFC career.
100% AGREE, HATE THE GUY. WILD PIGS WOULD BE TOO GOOD FOR HIM.

Enrique - Someone Rodgers clearly wants rid off to play a useless kid. Yet another player he's trying to downgrade on ship out.
SHAME HE HASN'T WORKED OUT AS HE WENT THROUGH A VERY PROMISING SPELL BEFORE BOMBING.

Skrtel - Should never have been signed for us in the first place, then should have been sold soon as his value improved slightly. Never been upto it.
WRONG. SKITTLE WAS GOOD ENOUGH UNDER RAFA UNTIL HE GOT INJURED AGAINST CHELSEA WHICH CHANGED HIS WHOLE ATTITUDE AND VALUE. HAS ALWAYS HAD 3 LEFT FEET BUT HIS PRESENCE INITIALLY COMPENSATED FOR THAT. AGREED HE IS NOT THE LEADING CENTREBACK, SO NEEDS A STRONG TEAM MATE ALONGSIDE.

Toure - A replacement, not improvement, on a 35 year old Carragher.
AGREED, AND NOT PLAYING TO EXPECTATION.

Lucas - What the hell he's still doing at the club so long after is completely baffling (not that he was poor, he tried and looked steady, but that doesnt make him good and never will... should never be near a Liverpool squad, after three years and £200,000,000 he's the best we can muster?
IF HE IS SO ***** HOW COME EVERONE GAVE HIM TOP PLAYER RATING ON SATURDAY? EVERYONE KNOCKS THE LAD BUT HE PUTS IN A GOOD PERFORMANCE EVERY TIME HE PLAYS. LIKE THE GOALIE HE IS CHARACTERLESS, SOLID BUT CHARACTERLESS.

Henderson - Not his player, a decent squad player at best in the right system and team can do a job, nothing to write home about.
I WAS ALWAYS SCEPTICAL THEN LAST SEASON TEH LIGHTS CAME ON, SEEMS TO LACK CHARCATER AND PALYS TO EVERYONE ELSES' STANDARD.

Allen - Same only Rodgers massively overpayed for him.
JOKE. GET HIM OUT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT HIS ROLE IS, MAYBE TEABOY.

Coutinho - His only superb signing and player of GENUINE quality who top clubs would look at.
YEAH BUT DOESN'T DOMINATE AND CAN'T DO IT EVERY WEEK. ANOTHER WEAK CHARACTER.

Lambert, a stop gap were getting what we payed for (no problem with him or his signing
RICKIE... LIVE THE DREAM MATE. WHAT A SWANSONG....

£200,000,000... I want to cry.
YOU COULD FILL A CATHEDRAL MATE, YOU WON'T BE ALONE.

You're exaggerating Stu.  MY COMMENTS ABOVE IN CAPITALS SO YOU CAN SEE THEM.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:20 am

Yeah I have to agree, I'm not saying our squad is great but Stu goes way over the top in his criticism.
Mingolet as Reg says does a steady job, yes he makes one or two mistakes but so has every other keeper we've had since Clemence, he's certainly better than the likes of David James, Chris Kirkland, Sander Westerveld, Scott Carson and the version of Brad Friedel that played here.
Since Clemence the only keepers I'd rate above him are Grobellaar and Pepe Reina (in his early days) so to call him f**king useless or whatever doesn't say much for the other keepers we've had over the last 30 years.
Same with Skrtel, he's no Alan Hansen but he's also not as bad as some are making out either, that season he won fans player of the year he actually won it ahead of Suarez which takes some doing plus in his time here he's finished second twice and was part of that team that beat united 4-1 at Old Trafford. He has played in Benitez teams that were renowned for being hard to score against so he can't be the complete liability that he's often made out to be.
Lucas is another one, he developed into a very good DM but suffered as Gerrards legs started to go, as Gerrard was moved backwards Lucas was often the one to miss out.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:20 am wrote:Yeah I have to agree, I'm not saying our squad is great but Stu goes way over the top in his criticism.
Mingolet as Reg says does a steady job, yes he makes one or two mistakes but so has every other keeper we've had since Clemence, he's certainly better than the likes of David James, Chris Kirkland, Sander Westerveld, Scott Carson and the version of Brad Friedel that played here.
Since Clemence the only keepers I'd rate above him are Grobellaar and Pepe Reina (in his early days) so to call him f**king useless or whatever doesn't say much for the other keepers we've had over the last 30 years.
Same with Skrtel, he's no Alan Hansen but he's also not as bad as some are making out either, that season he won fans player of the year he actually won it ahead of Suarez which takes some doing plus in his time here he's finished second twice and was part of that team that beat united 4-1 at Old Trafford. He has played in Benitez teams that were renowned for being hard to score against so he can't be the complete liability that he's often made out to be.
Lucas is another one, he developed into a very good DM but suffered as Gerrards legs started to go, as Gerrard was moved backwards Lucas was often the one to miss out.

I agree except about Mignolet who I think is a liability and sucks moral out of the team with his too often mistakes. I think a good keeper and we would look much better at the back. I have a very low tolerance for goalie mistakes and he makes them too frequently
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:54 pm

kazza » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:55 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:20 am wrote:Yeah I have to agree, I'm not saying our squad is great but Stu goes way over the top in his criticism.

I agree except about Mignolet who I think is a liability and sucks moral out of the team with his too often mistakes. I think a good keeper and we would look much better at the back. I have a very low tolerance for goalie mistakes and he makes them too frequently

Exactly.

I get the impression that our defence are constantly looking over their shoulder, as far as the keeper is concerned. That said, any keeper with Johnson and Skittles in front of them is going to be *****.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:25 am

Is everyone else sick and fed up with hearing the rubbish (same rubbish)  that BR comes up with post games, you know, things like
“The first half was slow in terms of ‘intensity’ and there wasn't much happening,  and,
“In the second half we pressed much better and in the right areas, but the ball wouldn't drop for us and we needed that little bit of luck."     

What is he talking about? Spend £200m and he’s still looking for a ‘wee’ bit of luck!!   Wtf. He is what is known as a sweet talker, nothing else, nothing more.

Everyone knows that the last couple of results (Leicester, Stoke) are really just papering over the cracks. Here we are again, LFC playing another team that are having issues just like those I’ve just mentioned, and what happens? Only one shot on target at Anfield (63rd min) vs Sunderland. That, by any LFC fans thinking is totally unacceptable.

If LFC were playing a team that was in form right now, and played how they played yesterday, and the previous couple of games, all LFC fans know what would have happened, yes, LFC would be ripped and shredded apart.

Why did BR not give some of the academy players a chance such as Sinclair, Yesil, Sinclair or Dunn? 

Why did he totally overload the subs bench with midfielders?  not one striker was on that bench, clueless.

Why is he relying on a 34 year old to create the ‘spark’ or ‘magic’ in each game?  What are they doing during coaching sessions?, cause it strikes me that they are not coaching the right things?

He is also relying on DS to come back cause DS is the saviour in BR’s thinking.  Well, what about the rest of the team, are they that bad, or is it the coaching and the coaching staff that are very bad?!!

Additionally, BR taking the plaudits for RS’s rise in form, then blaming everyone else except you know who when RS’s form has dipped. WTF. It’s plain to see that he is not a good Coach or Man-Manager (he is not a Manager).  A good one would have said, the credit should go to the player for working hard etc. Can you see BR’s head and nose growing that much bigger. His ego and arrogance are hurting the Club.

BR has messed up big time spending £200m and mostly buying ‘potential’  imo, he is only bidng his time because his time is already up. He’s going very soon, maybe before Christmas!!

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:24 pm

The Times are reporting that FSG have approached AVB - wtf ??
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:27 pm

AVB to Anfield? Liverpool look to ex-Chelsea and Spurs boss as Brendan Rodgers replacement

LIVERPOOL may steer away from Arsenal managerial target Jurgen Klopp and go after ex-Chelsea and Tottenham boss Andre Villas-Boas should they dispense with Brendan Rodgers.

Klopp, who was touted as a possible target for Liverpool and the Gunners, shelved suggestions last month he would make a dramatic move to the Premier League when he said: "The only other language I speak is English a little bit and, for my type of coaching, I need the language.

"But not now, not this year, I don’t know when."

Villas-Boas, who was sacked last year by Tottenham, has enjoyed a renaissance at Zenit St Petersburg.

The Portuguese is on course to win the Russian league in his first full season in charge.

According to The Times, Liverpool's owner FSG (Fenway Sports Group) are weighing up their options and have asked Villas-Boas to provide details of his coaching methods.

They claim that Villas-Boas is currently the leading candidate to replace the beleaguered Rodgers.

It is also believed that FSG's long-term plans revolves around consistently qualifying for the Champions League.

The Reds' title hopes were effectively ended yesterday after a goalless draw at home to Sunderland, but whether FSG will keep faith in Rodgers in the long term is another matter altogether.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:34 pm

Just paper talk, Brendan went closer to winning the title than any Liverpool manager in the last quarter of a century, yes we look all over the place ATM but there's no way the club would sack him a just few months after qualifying for the CL and going so close.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:47 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:24 pm wrote:The Times are reporting that FSG have approached AVB - wtf ??

If FSG really replaces Rodgers with AVB....then they are seriously not fit to run this club. Rodgers, AVB, Martinez are all small time managers. There is no way we can sustain success when these coaches manage us. They might get lucky 1 year (like Rodgers last season) but in the long run they will get found out. They are gonna end up paying over the odds for average players. And you know why ? Because they are average managers. A big-time manager will know if a player has to mental ability to play for a big club. An average manager will pick players who are as average as him.

In a way, I really took rafa for granted. He signed so many good players (yes he signed aquaman among others....but look at his overall record) with a limited budget. Just imagine what he would do with $200M ? Even the king who has his fair share of failed signings didn't do that badly did he ..? (Hendo, Enrique, Suarez, Bellamy). 4 success out of 9 players bought.

If FSG don't get in managers with good CVs (we are one of the 10 biggest clubs in the world.....why do we persist average managers ?), I can't see us being a super-power in football. They have to understand. We don't need to spend insane money to win trophies. Just get a world class manager and he will get the right players (for the right money). With good tactics and set-up of team, we can challenge the madrids & munichs of the world. It makes a lot more sense to pay over the odds salary for a classy manager than to go cheap on an average coach.

The classy manager in the long run is gonna make this club save loads on players. FSG has to understand this.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:00 pm

Kash_Mountain » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:25 am wrote:Is everyone else sick and fed up with hearing the rubbish (same rubbish)  that BR comes up with post games, you know, things like
“The first half was slow in terms of ‘intensity’ and there wasn't much happening,  and,
“In the second half we pressed much better and in the right areas, but the ball wouldn't drop for us and we needed that little bit of luck."     

What is he talking about? Spend £200m and he’s still looking for a ‘wee’ bit of luck!!   Wtf. He is what is known as a sweet talker, nothing else, nothing more.

Everyone knows that the last couple of results (Leicester, Stoke) are really just papering over the cracks. Here we are again, LFC playing another team that are having issues just like those I’ve just mentioned, and what happens? Only one shot on target at Anfield (63rd min) vs Sunderland. That, by any LFC fans thinking is totally unacceptable.

If LFC were playing a team that was in form right now, and played how they played yesterday, and the previous couple of games, all LFC fans know what would have happened, yes, LFC would be ripped and shredded apart.

Why did BR not give some of the academy players a chance such as Sinclair, Yesil, Sinclair or Dunn? 

Why did he totally overload the subs bench with midfielders?  not one striker was on that bench, clueless.

Why is he relying on a 34 year old to create the ‘spark’ or ‘magic’ in each game?  What are they doing during coaching sessions?, cause it strikes me that they are not coaching the right things?

He is also relying on DS to come back cause DS is the saviour in BR’s thinking.  Well, what about the rest of the team, are they that bad, or is it the coaching and the coaching staff that are very bad?!!

Additionally, BR taking the plaudits for RS’s rise in form, then blaming everyone else except you know who when RS’s form has dipped. WTF. It’s plain to see that he is not a good Coach or Man-Manager (he is not a Manager).  A good one would have said, the credit should go to the player for working hard etc. Can you see BR’s head and nose growing that much bigger. His ego and arrogance are hurting the Club.

BR has messed up big time spending £200m and mostly buying ‘potential’  imo, he is only bidng his time because his time is already up. He’s going very soon, maybe before Christmas!!

Honestly I have been sick of listening to him since about 2 days after he got the job. I knew he was full of it during that documentary when he was having a conversation with flanagan like he was a 9 year old telling him what type of footballer he is  :laugh:
Its all talk and bull with rodgers, everything that comes out of his mouth doesn't add up, from his philosophy to the rubbish we are currently playing and yet he cannot help patting himself on the back to take all the credit for the last few results because after ludogorets he decided to go back to the basics. Mingolet has improved because he had a word with him and recently sterling has upped his game after a chat he had with him as well. we are playing like a pub side and he thinks its acceptable and deserves credit for it.
Since he has come in here i have drawn the conclusion that his management style is one of complete dictatorship, everything has to revolve around him first before the team.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion