Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:13 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Jun 26th, '15, 14:45 wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:38 pm wrote:We can sign up all the potential we want but it still comes down to what rodgers gets out of them.  :nod  Its a wash rinse and repeat every season where this summers signings replace last years.

I'm still hoping he gets the boot anyway  :nod

+1

+2

Additionally, though LFC have signed 'some' quality, the club do seem to be going through another re-build i.e. procuring 5  - 6+ players again like last season, and that didn't work out to well. Hopefully these players will integrate quickly.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:28 pm

It seems that FSG's plan is to build a playing staff that can be coached and managed regardless who the manager is.
So the committee exists to ensure that happens.
At the moment BR is a part of that committee but in the future when he isn't the committee will remain in place and business goes on as usual.

It's like the boot room with bling.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:34 am

You guys are bunch of miserable fekin' tw@ts, why not thank god the owners have once again committed sizable funds to purchase the  players that will hopefully reverse the situation? Grow up FFS.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:02 am

Reg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:34 am wrote:You guys are bunch of miserable fekin' tw@ts, why not thank god the owners have once again committed sizable funds to purchase the  players that will hopefully reverse the situation? Grow up FFS.

Exactly Reg...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:35 am

Reg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:34 am wrote:You guys are bunch of miserable fekin' tw@ts, why not thank god the owners have once again committed sizable funds to purchase the  players that will hopefully reverse the situation? Grow up FFS.

Spot on Reg
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:17 am

BR will get another chance, but the pressure will be on. And the press will be on his back if he starts the season badly.

I'm prepared to give him another shot though, so hope he proves my doubts wrong. At least the transfer strategy appears to be sorted and we're signing proven players. Not young hopefuls who will spend 3 years on loan and then never been seen of again...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:13 pm

Reg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:34 am wrote:You guys are bunch of miserable fekin' tw@ts, why not thank god the owners have once again committed sizable funds to purchase the  players that will hopefully reverse the situation? Grow up FFS.

Indubitably Reg, the owners have indeed in a metaphorical sense  'stepped up to the plate' ,but I believe they have their own thread in which to be lauded   
This is reserved for the current incumbent ,or the 'quiet one' as he now prefers to be known  :;):
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:05 pm

So you're bored and just want to take a swing at the manager?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Reg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:05 pm wrote:So you're bored and just want to take a swing at the manager?

I'm guessing they just wanted to make sure everyone knew that they still wanted the manager to go. Obviously nothing has changed since they last mentioned them wanting the manager to go - well apart for strengthening the squad

There was far too much positivity going on Reg so I'm guessing they need to balance things out.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby The_Rock » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:16 pm

7_Kewell » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:17 pm wrote:BR will get another chance, but the pressure will be on. And the press will be on his back if he starts the season badly.

I'm prepared to give him another shot though, so hope he proves my doubts wrong. At least the transfer strategy appears to be sorted and we're signing proven players. Not young hopefuls who will spend 3 years on loan and then never been seen of again...

Will have to disagree with that. He has ki$$ed enough a$$es in the press. It has even been rumoured that he was the one  releasing all the sensitive information about dressing room bust-ups, lineups for matchday to his press pals.

So they are gonna go easy on him. Just look at all the evidence. Pathetic in Europe. Worst defeat in the league in don't know how many years. And what have the press done to him ? Now compare and contrast on what Rafa and King went through defending this club.

Rodgers is the new-age harry redknapp  :wwww
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:30 pm

What dressing room bust ups and line up leaks ?

And read many articles slating BR in the press so no idea where you get this easy ride from - it's certainly not from the UK press
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Reg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:So you're bored and just want to take a swing at the manager?

I don't do things like that when I'm bored Reg ,I do it when the Devil is in me simply to provoke a reaction . :glare: ..Well that is how you've chosen to interpret my protestations ,isn't it  ??? Rather than see them as a fan who is horrified  at the thought of another season witnessing this dolt enfeeble yet another campaign.

Yeah we're all whiners ,you go with that fella ,forget there's a genuine cause for trepidation that the players we've procured could have their talent shackled under
a man who has an alarming propensity to play players were they're least comfortable ,and has not the merest semblance of tactical acumen albeit when we're playing
'Gung Ho' football .....Whatever you do ,don't leave that comfort zone ,stay wrapped in that duvet ,everything will be fine fella and the away fans gesticulations at Stoke
meant nothing.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:43 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:37 pm wrote:
Reg » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:05 pm wrote:So you're bored and just want to take a swing at the manager?

I don't do things like that when I'm bored Reg ,I do it when the Devil is in me simply to provoke a reaction . :glare: ..Well that is how you've chosen to interpret my protestations ,isn't it  ??? Rather than see them as a fan who is horrified  at the thought of another season witnessing this dolt enfeeble yet another campaign.

Yeah we're all whiners ,you go with that fella ,forget there's a genuine cause for trepidation that the players we've procured could have their talent shackled under
a man who has an alarming propensity to play players were they're least comfortable ,and has not the merest semblance of tactical acumen albeit when we're playing
'Gung Ho' football .....Whatever you do ,don't leave that comfort zone ,stay wrapped in that duvet ,everything will be fine fella and the away fans gesticulations at Stoke
meant nothing.

A lot said all that about Kenny in his last season - your reaction to them was a great deal different and was one of insisting supporters got behind the manager and supported him and gave him a chance to redeem the poor season just witnessed. Maybe you should take your own advice

Also interesting reading on various thread 12 months ago - seems the opinion was vastly different in regards BR
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:54 pm

Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:43 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:37 pm wrote:

meant nothing.

A lot said all that about Kenny in his last season - your reaction to them was a great deal different and was one of insisting supporters got behind the manager and supported him and gave him a chance to redeem the poor season just witnessed. Maybe you should take your own advice

Also interesting reading on various thread 12 months ago - seems the opinion was vastly different in regards BR

I seem to recollect having this same debate after one of your many tedious pseudonyms decided to trawl through past threads to make a point ,I explained how my
affinity with the current incumbent expired after our European campaign and any attempt to construct a defence for this odd little man would be futile.
I see no reason to regurgitate my disappointment at being led a merry dance by this fraud ,do you Benny / Danish/Buck  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:07 pm

It just shows how fickle some people are to flick their opinion based on 6 games in the CL when it was the managers first ever season in the CL - no second chances that you demanded other managers be given but a whole change on opinion based on 6 games in CL.

To flick your opinion to calling him a fraud based on his first ever campaign in the CL just makes you as bad as all those that wanted Kenny gone after one poor season , Rafa gone after one poor season - but at least they judge after a whole season and not 6 games. Remember Rafa's last CL campaign - shocking , in fact prob even more criminal than BR last year because Rafa had expirence in the CL - BR had none , and the first campaign was always going to be a learning one.

He wasn't and won't be the first manager to have a poor CL campaign and it's extremely unfair to judge on that one campaign.

I haven't had any pseudonyms on here RBG but all your speeches and preaching about support in the past can now be dismissed even more so to start getting personal about him.

And when/if BR brings CL football back and shows he learned his lesson then I fully expect the opinion to be flicked back again.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion