Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby RedAnt » Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:27 pm

metalhead » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:32 am wrote:not really happy with our transfers so far, especially the quality that clubs like Chelsea and Man Utd have signed.

Cabaye was available for 13m and Begovic for 8m.... and we didn't even try to sign them let alone show interest. 2 players who would be massive signings.ù

very underwhelming

I agree. Man U have done well. Really well. If they sign any more of the players they're linked with we'll soon be wishing we hadn't given Moyes such a hard time.

Firmino could be a great signing but he seems a little behind his compatriots. It's not unknown for Brazilians to hit the top at 17 and 18 years old. Firmino is 23(?) and has been at Hoffenheim so other teams will certainly have looked and deemed him not good enough. I think BR will be hoping for another Coutinho type result from this. Could lightening strike twice? Granted Phillipe was much cheaper though.

I hope to be proved wrong but it looks like a lot more potential to integrate into the squad. Kinda like going back to square one. Again. Someone really likes Brendan.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Hustler 2015 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:25 pm

He's not got the dressing room it seems in his back pocket:...

Suarez......wanted out twice.
Gerrard.....wanted out, when he could have stayed.
Now sterling wanted out.

Major concern that.

How come the backroom staff went? Purpose?
Normally the manager goes too in such circumstances.

Can't remember the last time we had no big names in our squad. Must be 40 years.

I'll have my season ticket next summer when that new stand is built, and I don't want BR in charge as my 900 quid I may as well flush down the swanny ;-)
Hustler 2015
LFC Basic Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:04 pm

Hustler 2015 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:25 pm wrote:He's not got the dressing room it seems in his back pocket:...

Now sterling wanted out.

Major concern that.

Can't remember the last time we had no big names in our squad. Must be 40 years.

I'll have my season ticket next summer when that new stand is built, and I don't want BR in charge as my 900 quid I may as well flush down the swanny ;-)

There are many factors to all of this, which is why the thread is now 160 pages deep.
Many fans' concern at the beginning of BR was lack of experience in management and player recruitment.
This is now in full blossom. The money is there, but no key personnel to either:
- build a quality squad
- build a quality squad around quality players
I'm not quite sure why this season out of all 40 I have experienced to date is the most intriguing? I'm not sure if I am supporting LFC at the moment or just following?
It's quite confusing to me as I'm at the age where not much around you makes much sense, expect the principles you choose to live with and stand by.
Perhaps I should go to Vegas and just blow out... (again)
...Oh wait a minute I am! THIS SUNDAY.  :wwww
And I'm really hoping that all the BS that goes on; and stays in the desert, eclipses all the BS surrounding LFC at the mo'
Time to re-charge
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:39 pm

johnbarnes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:04 pm wrote:
Hustler 2015 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:25 pm wrote:He's not got the dressing room it seems in his back pocket:...

Now sterling wanted out.

Major concern that.

There are many factors to all of this, which is why the thread is now 160 pages deep.
Many fans' concern at the beginning of BR was lack of experience in management and player recruitment.
This is now in full blossom. The money is there, but no key personnel to either:
- build a quality squad
I'm not quite sure why this season out of all 40 I have experienced to date is the most intriguing? I'm not sure if I am supporting LFC at the moment or just following?
It's quite confusing to me as I'm at the age where not much around you makes much sense, expect the principles you choose to live with and stand by.
And I'm really hoping that all the BS that goes on; and stays in the desert, eclipses all the BS surrounding LFC at the mo'
Time to re-charge

Love it ! Have a blast.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:04 pm

johnbarnes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:04 pm wrote:

Now sterling wanted out.

Major concern that.

- build a quality squad
Time to re-charge

What hotel you staying at mate? (Sorry for going off topic)
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:17 am

Everyone got very excited about Ings and Clyne, you mean their not world class?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:50 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:04 pm wrote:
johnbarnes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:04 pm wrote:

Now sterling wanted out.

Major concern that.

- build a quality squad
Time to re-charge

What hotel you staying at mate? (Sorry for going off topic)

I staying at the Rio  :nod I will do ACE thanks!
Last edited by johnbarnes on Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:41 pm

3 DAYS LATER !!!!!!

The most dangerous type of liar is one who believes he's telling the truth  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:19 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:41 pm wrote:

3 DAYS LATER !!!!!!

The most dangerous type of liar is one who believes he's telling the truth  ???

^^^^VERY DANGEROUS^^^^
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:08 pm

Welcome to business.

Maybe he had his fingers crossed under the table so it was ok?  :ghostface:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hustler 2015 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:11 am

" I was one of the reasons" Sterling
Went says BR.

Sterling knows we are a sinking ship, so chose out. Remember,he and Gerrard and the likes can see wats going on behind the scenes day in, day out. They have no faith in the manager, so why should we?

He should have gone this summer Rodgers IMO,  but somehow the yanks are backing him. Dont like Yankee owners anyhow as they don't understand our game.

This topic should change to " where are we heading as a club/team under this man??"

I like the man but I don't think he's got a clue, esp. With big transfer kitty's to spend. I feel he is gonna p*ss lfc's money,  up the wall!!  With his poor signings.

I ain't got a clue!!
Hustler 2015
LFC Basic Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:05 am

Reg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:08 pm wrote:Welcome to business.

Maybe he had his fingers crossed under the table so it was ok?  :ghostface:  :laugh:

Or maybe it was just the effects of severe sunstroke  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:44 am

Teeth dazzle confused him.

Hustler, come on son, cheer up. This window has shown that BR is not actually involved in the negotiations, the fella was on holiday whilst most of them were bought. If you lot are so manic depressive during the closed season what will it be like by half time in the first game ffs?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Hustler 2015 » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:26 am

OK Reg, I ain't gonna top myself just yet. Just disappointed no big names in our side at all. We may struggle for consistency.

However, on paper a midfield of: Hendo, Milner, Continho,  Firminho, and Benteke up front,(poss Joe Allen/ Lucas in there too) looks promising for goals. Take a while to gel though.

Not all doom or gloom. Anyone's guess where we think we can finish this season.
Hustler 2015
LFC Basic Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:20 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:05 am wrote:
Reg » Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:08 pm wrote:Welcome to business.

Or maybe it was just the effects of severe sunstroke  ???

Or maybe he thought that what he says overseas on a tour will not be reported back home?  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion