Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:08 pm

On a happier note, its good to see the solidarity of the players there, joining in with the fans boycott by not turning up tonight...
:buttrock
Thommo's perm

Postby RedAnt » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:13 pm

Thommo's perm » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:08 pm wrote:On a happier note, its good to see the solidarity of the players there, joining in with the fans boycott by not turning up tonight...
:buttrock

You could make a joke up about that :nod
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 pm

If we don't act now, he will sill be here in 12 months time and there will be NO ONE to replace him.

Klopp or Benitez now. This cannot continue
Kopite-Jud

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:44 am

I'd appoint this lad on an interim basis.... ie once Rafa's stabilised the team, club, supporters, got us back on our feet and a top manager is a realistic prospect to take us forward.

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:46 am

Rodgers insisted that his side deserved to lose and the problem of the season – lack of scoring and penetration – were visible on the night.
“We didn’t look like scoring really, to be honest,” Rodgers said. “We had some good moments, and had enough of the ball, but we never really threatened the goal.
“I think the confidence is OK. They work well in training, and you can see the way they can knit the game together. You have to have confidence to get on the ball and play for the majority of the game.
“But it is just having that reference, or two or three references, at the top end of the field. That gives the other players confidence and movement to create opportunities.
“The players put great energy into the game, they worked very hard, but our struggles tonight were what they have been for the majority of the season, in terms of creativity and scoring goals.”

They work well in training  ??? Even a clown has the good sense to remove his make up if he wants to be taken seriously  :glare:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:11 am

Confidence is a strange thing. Can you instill it, can you enforce it, can you demand it?
???
Thommo's perm

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:43 am

Thommo's perm » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:11 pm wrote:Confidence is a strange thing. Can you instill it, can you enforce it, can you demand it?
???

Strange how a simple British soldier can face a charging enemy and go bayonet to bayonet but you question whether it's applicable on a football field.

Steve Peters should create a mental profile for £20 million+  players and Liverpool be prepared to turn away good footballers who're mentally weak?  Problem is of course half the feckers in the current team would fail.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:14 am

Job vacancy just come up for man who spouts gibberish Brendan please apply;
Attachments
thDF4PV3J5.jpg
thDF4PV3J5.jpg (7.76 KiB) Viewed 475 times
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:24 am

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby RedAnt » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:41 am

Not sure I wanna see BR with his hand up a birds ar.se if I'm honest
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:44 am

RedAnt » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:41 am wrote:Not sure I wanna see BR with his hand up a birds ar.se if I'm honest

What? He's currently got his hand up the Liverbirds ar.se!

:D
Kopite-Jud

Postby C-R » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:07 am

Wonder if Marco Reus would come to us if we were able to get Klopp in (i can only dream)
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:25 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:46 am wrote:Rodgers insisted that his side deserved to lose and the problem of the season – lack of scoring and penetration – were visible on the night.
“We didn’t look like scoring really, to be honest,” Rodgers said. “We had some good moments, and had enough of the ball, but we never really threatened the goal.
“I think the confidence is OK. They work well in training, and you can see the way they can knit the game together. You have to have confidence to get on the ball and play for the majority of the game.
“But it is just having that reference, or two or three references, at the top end of the field. That gives the other players confidence and movement to create opportunities.
“The players put great energy into the game, they worked very hard, but our struggles tonight were what they have been for the majority of the season, in terms of creativity and scoring goals.”

They work well in training  ??? Even a clown has the good sense to remove his make up if he wants to be taken seriously  :glare:

He's had a full season to rectify our creativity and get us scoring but as usual he blames everything else. Having that reference up front was his responsibility to rectify but he didn't and hasn't a clue how to do it either. For a lad that claims to be a great coach he has coached fook all into that team and is tactically devoid. He insists on shoving players from pillar to post to the point that he actually stifles them to play some bu!!shyte system they are not comfortable with so he can reap the plaudits.

They might work well in training  but when they go out on to the pitch they don't look like they want to play for him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:34 pm

I said this in the match thread, but the more I watch the more I'm convinced there's something wrong.

I don't know if there's in-fighting with the players or BR has simply lost the dressing room, but something's not right. Where was Gerrard yesterday? Why didn't he travel with the squad?  And why the f**k did Johnson start?

I've no idea what's going on, but the players seem to have given up. No passion, no drive and no points...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:55 pm

In the pre-season i remember going on a rant saying that if he doesn't sign a quality striker he should be fired ...At the time i retracted and said that i might have been too harsh...Unfortunately it played out to a text book precision. When managers become gamblers it's their time to pack and just walk alone. Rafa did it and lost and little BR rolled the dice and lost. On the expense of our owner money and the fans trust. Inexcusable.
only me
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion