Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Kopite-Jud » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:20 am

leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:32 am wrote:No all I can do is keep supporting this great club and put my 100% backing right behind Rodgers all the way in a hope that things turn around for him.
meanwhile you just ignore me and go on your way sunshine. go sharpen up those knives again and look for the next thing you can hit him with. you disgust me.

When people pay ALOT of money to go everyweek and watch the far below par performances, from overpiced mediocre players (Lovren / Markovic, £40,000,000) , due to a farcical handling of the club, from the transfer policy to the tactics (Gerrard), followed  by the pre match comments. "Outstanding Gerrard in the FA cup semi"  :suspect: and " Outstanding" against West Brom.

"after spending £100,000,000 you'd be expected to challenge for the league"  - Lets not forget he's had over £200,000,000 since he taken over and we're still "in transition"

Its not a matter of looking for "the next thing you can hit him with" - its all his own doing.  Fans who pay alot of money and put alot of time into this club have every right to voice their concerns.

Another point to add is - If we are no better on next season and his job is on the line, who would we replace him with? At the minute there are two excellent managers with pedigree of winning trophies. Klopp and Benitez.  I'm not advocating a sacking but the owners have a decision to make. 

But I for one wouldnt give him more money to spend.
Kopite-Jud

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:48 am

Kopite-Jud » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:20 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:32 am wrote:No all I can do is keep supporting this great club and put my 100% backing right behind Rodgers all the way in a hope that things turn around for him.
meanwhile you just ignore me and go on your way sunshine. go sharpen up those knives again and look for the next thing you can hit him with. you disgust me.

When people pay ALOT of money to go everyweek and watch the far below par performances, from overpiced mediocre players (Lovren / Markovic, £40,000,000) , due to a farcical handling of the club, from the transfer policy to the tactics (Gerrard), followed  by the pre match comments. "Outstanding Gerrard in the FA cup semi"  :suspect: and " Outstanding" against West Brom.

"after spending £100,000,000 you'd be expected to challenge for the league"  - Lets not forget he's had over £200,000,000 since he taken over and we're still "in transition"

Its not a matter of looking for "the next thing you can hit him with" - its all his own doing.  Fans who pay alot of money and put alot of time into this club have every right to voice their concerns.

Another point to add is - If we are no better on next season and his job is on the line, who would we replace him with? At the minute there are two excellent managers with pedigree of winning trophies. Klopp and Benitez.  I'm not advocating a sacking but the owners have a decision to make. 

But I for one wouldnt give him more money to spend.

Your living in dreamland if you think Benitez is going to manage us again, 'non - starter' was the phrase used last time by journalists when his name popped up, apparently him and Ayre don't get on at all.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:58 am

leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 am wrote:right ok I've read all this thread now and its obvious everyone basically wants Rodgers out. you've all turned on him and now your all sticking the boot in with insults and p!ss takes.

f@cking shamefull bunch of 'supporters' you lot really are.

You'll never walk alone?   f@ck off you sh!theads.  :no

It's just systematic of our modern support I'm afraid, back in our heyday we used to scoff at fans of other clubs for not getting behind their managers and for not circling the wagons when times got tough but these days we are no different from anyone else.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:26 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:58 am wrote:
leeroy74 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:41 am wrote:right ok I've read all this thread now and its obvious everyone basically wants Rodgers out. you've all turned on him and now your all sticking the boot in with insults and p!ss takes.

It's just systematic of our modern support I'm afraid, back in our heyday we used to scoff at fans of other clubs for not getting behind their managers and for not circling the wagons when times got tough but these days we are no different from anyone else.

head up your a**e waiting to be Bodgered is no way to support your "team"

the man was not fit to be hired as the manager and has shown throughout his tenure what an arrogant self obsessed individual he is ; lacking in any credibility in Europe and morals in his private life....

you ball-bags can support this cretin all you want , I'll  carry on supporting the team, pointing out weaknesses when they arise and praising when it befits, long after Bodjers is on his 2nd face lift and his 3rd tummy tuck
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:44 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Apr 27th, '15, 10:58 wrote:

:D  Time to take off those triple glazed rose tints......... :D

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby RedAnt » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:50 am

So tell us then Yakka why BR is covered by the LFC You'll Never Walk Alone umbrella, but the greedy lil git called Raheem should be sold? I don't see the logic in it. They both wear the badge don't they? Why is BR among the wagons we circle whilst Raheem isn't? Your support seems quite selective and yet you constantly have a go at anyone who speaks against Brendan. If you tell us your criteria for "genuine" support, then maybe we could all be the best supporters, like you. Thing is when we all ride on high horses, then there is no high horse. They're all the same size.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:58 am wrote:

Have you listened to the support at Anfield lately ,the place is like a morgue fella and the stunned silence cannot just be blamed on the Ipad brigade ,its indicative
of the hopelessness  Kopites currently feel with this fraud managing this team.

Its the fans that are the lifesblood of this club ,and whether you agree or disagree with their stance is irrelevant ,because their despair at our plight is not going to
slowly dissipate over time with this pretender at the helm .I mean its all well and good adhering to this sadly outdated belief that you should stand behind the manager
regardless ,but it certainly doesn't entitle you to occupy the moral high ground ,the same high ground that sees you precariously balancing on tip toes to remain vertical
as it shrinks with every game we play and every sound bite this charlatan makes..... Liverpool fans have always shown loyalty and an ingrained respect for the club as a
great institution ,but the one thing that stands out above all else, is we have never suffered fools ,Kopites have never afforded patience just for the sake of it ,we need
to see something that merits our faith ,otherwise its just challenging our collective intelligence  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:49 pm

My side won 2-0 today and my team are still in the semi finals of our cup. I will be leaving my current club after winning the league twice as well as 3 domestic cup triumphs in the last 6 years and taking my team to a champions league final. Personality wise, I am humble and not arrogant, I am passionate and connect with supporters, I am loyal, a proven winner and have never slept with a young bird out the office & subsequently left my wife & kids. Any clubs over there in England need a new manager?

KLOPP
Attachments
klopp.jpg
klopp.jpg (26.26 KiB) Viewed 402 times
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby supersub » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:49 pm

sent to me over the weekend
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundreamin is back » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:18 pm

I am one of the "Old School" and if the club was playing like the present lot are, with a bulls.hitter of a Manager like Bodgers is back in the day do you think the Fans of that generation would have put up with it.? I,'ll tell you that they wouldn't and for all those Romantics who think every game we played in the 60,s 70,s and 80,s were on par with Brazil at there best, or Cruyff,s Ajax are sadly deluded. In some games we were s.*i*e and the fan,s of that Era let them know.

And because the Media weren't so big and global in them days things were not analysed like they are today
Dundreamin is back
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:18 pm

Strong word disgust ,there exists a lot of things happening in the world  that I could use that description for ,but fans not remaining true to this belief we're all
supposed to stay malleable enough to mould our (sadly taken for granted )faith into a convenient blindness isn't one of them  ???

This manager  is arguably the most bereft of game intelligence I have ever seen at this club ,he constantly beseeches the fans to afford him time ,and declares himself
the man to reward our patience if we stand behind him. He says he understands the heritage and will continue stacking the  building bricks that have made this great club
so successful ,and yet he expects us to applaud his consistent failures and to move on with a song in our hearts in the belief the future will be significantly better.

Like I said 'disgust' is a strong word ,but when its aimed at this repugnant little man its justified ,maybe its time you realigned your sights fella  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:29 pm

To be honest we have to look at Brendan's record with us and list the positives and negatives.

For me the worst thing has been the European record, we looked like a second tier team, tactically.

Whatever your views on Rafa at least we were genuinely feared in the CL under him.

He has had money and knew the challenges ahead. There has been some progress and good play but I sadly get the impression that it's not going to plan and we stumble upon good results rather than have the workmanlike consistency needed from champions.

It just seems a bit confused at the moment. Some signings have been bizarre to the style of play he wants and we look like a team in no mans land.

I'm not all doom and gloom about it and am prepared to support him but at the same time somebody like Klopp available would be a good thing. Rafa available would be a good thing.  In fact somebody who knows how to win which Brendan at this stage in his career doesn't seem to have mastered yet. I hope he does but till then we have to be ruthless and realistic
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:31 pm

taff » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:29 pm wrote:To be honest we have to look at Brendan's record with us and list the positives and negatives.

For me the worst thing has been the European record, we looked like a second tier team, tactically.

Whatever your views on Rafa at least we were genuinely feared in the CL under him.

He has had money and knew the challenges ahead. There has been some progress and good play but I sadly get the impression that it's not going to plan and we stumble upon good results rather than have the workmanlike consistency needed from champions.

It just seems a bit confused at the moment. Some signings have been bizarre to the style of play he wants and we look like a team in no mans land.

I'm not all doom and gloom about it and am prepared to support him but at the same time somebody like Klopp available would be a good thing. Rafa available would be a good thing.  In fact somebody who knows how to win which Brendan at this stage in his career doesn't seem to have mastered yet. I hope he does but till then we have to be ruthless and realistic

Welcome back taff
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:33 pm

There has been a lot of speculation in the Press that FSG will back BR etc. One has to realise, the Press really  aren't privy to what is really going on at LFC. They are very 'friendly' with the manager, hence, toeing 'his' party piece/line.

Also, some previous LFC players and those of other clubs etc have said similar, but this is what they say in 'public' only. Privately, well, this is a different matter.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Reg » Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion