JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon May 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:He's no Lucas that's for sure , but credit where it's due for a wool he's done well .  :D

"He's no Lucas..." is that a compliment?
???

What , so you think he's as good as Lucas?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon May 02, 2011 9:30 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:He's no Lucas that's for sure , but credit where it's due for a wool he's done well .  :D

"He's no Lucas..." is that a compliment?
???

What , so you think he's as good as Lucas?

I think hes played at least as well as Lucas in the last month or so if thats what you mean?
Thommo's perm

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 pm

I know he's a local lad, but i really don't think he's up to tge job for us. Lacks the quality in my view to make it at the highest level.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon May 02, 2011 10:35 pm

7_Kewell wrote:I know he's a local lad, but i really don't think he's up to tge job for us. Lacks the quality in my view to make it at the highest level.

He's certainly been making it at the highest level the past 5-6 games. I don't see any reason why he can't continue to do so next season? And I would expect him to keep improving given he has only been a regular for a couple of months.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon May 02, 2011 10:54 pm

i cant fault him really,has done well in the games he's had,has guts,gives it all and deserves a start anyday ahead of poulsen.
fair play to the lad.
going forward though we do need someone better than jay and i reckon he will move on in the summer.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Kenny Kan » Tue May 03, 2011 2:22 am

He's done well ''he's no Lucas that's for sure'' :laugh: sorry that tickled me as though Lucas is the best there ever was.

For sure Spearing has done well and hasn't been that far behind in terms of his performances compared the one and only Lucas. :D

Long term, the poor little fella still isn't the answer, good squad player though.
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby Zidane » Tue May 03, 2011 2:31 am

He just signed a contract extension I don't see Kenny moving him on in the summer.  He's done well and he could be a very useful squad player in the future.
Zidane

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue May 03, 2011 9:16 am

He's done well.

We have all said for ages that we need players that can come in and do a job as and when.
Well Jay has done that.
Would he be in your first team week in week out ? No.
Would i trust him to come in and not let us down if needed ? Yes
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Tue May 03, 2011 11:11 am

He's another Sammy Lee or Danny Murphy - good player but not a man to dazzle us with skill. He makes up the numbers until we cover the key positions.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue May 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Reg wrote:He's another Sammy Lee or Danny Murphy - good player but not a man to dazzle us with skill. He makes up the numbers until we cover the key positions.

The thing is Reg, it is good to have cover in these positions coming from the academy, and local-ish  :D
You get more from these players than the likes of your Poulsens and Jovanovics coming in i think.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Reg » Tue May 03, 2011 2:03 pm

Agree 100%.   Poulsen will be off to WBA at the end of teh season hopefully.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue May 03, 2011 2:20 pm

Yep deffo need a sarcasm smiley for those devoid of it . Lucas by all accounts is shabite and will never ever make a first team regular both for liverpool and brazil , spearing however is not even that good .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Tue May 03, 2011 2:28 pm

A few weeks ago I didn't think he was good enough but to be fair and a decent run in the team he is a good 'squad player'.
I don't see him as first choice for next season though but wouldn't want to see him get sold.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue May 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Reg wrote:He's another Sammy Lee or Danny Murphy - good player but not a man to dazzle us with skill. He makes up the numbers until we cover the key positions.

:nod  agreed .

He's done enough in his recent performances to show he can make a living in the premiership, but as first choice in a team with premiership or champions league title aspirations ?

:no

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue May 03, 2011 2:40 pm

He has done exactly what has been asked of him.  He has hassled and tackled all through the games he has played in, and his passing is normally very neat and tidy as well.

I think in the last 3 games especially he has been excellent. If he can improve his attacking side of the game we culd have a little gem on our hands.

Lets not be so quick to write him off as just a squad player as small improvements in his game ould make him very much a first team player
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion