JAY SPEARING - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby GYBS » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:05 am

Ben Patrick wrote:
Nando26 wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:You have gone on about the two in the past and used last nights game (when Spearing played only a half) to try and make a comparison.

Lucas has been non existent for 2 seasons now, but for one great pass to Stevie when Newcastle where dead and buried whohoo.

Jay could come in and do just as steady a job if needed but for some reason doesnt get a look in.

Put it one way if Lucas can play centre midfield for liverpool then Spearing wouldnt let anyone down.

lucas is far far better then spearing cant believe some people are so into the ''we want homegrown locaL boys coming through' thing that they make rediculous comments like this

Are you an alter ego of gybs ?

Ok now you have said he is much better please explain why ?

Am not saying Jay is brilliant or good enough to be a regular.
What i am saying is that he is good enough to be a squad player.
Lucas cost alot of money for a kid and has had two seasons to settle. He is clearly not upto it.
He is not sh!te but also not good enough either.

I wouldnt say there is much between the two players personally and if you think there is, tell ,me what ?

You seem to be very familar with people for someone who has only been here since last month ?  ???
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:15 am

JoeTerp wrote:I don't understand all the dislike for N'gog. I don't think people realize that he is younger than Nemeth.  I think a lot has to do with Nemeth showing up a year earlier and "putting his time in for the reserves"  You don't really think that N'gog during that same time was getting sup appearances in the french league at PSG.  N'gog is bigger and pacier than Nemeth, plays a totally different game, scores goals, has improved tremendously as someone who can hold up play and flick on to others.

I actually think that Nemeth and N'gog would play well together (in a league cup match or something) as Nemeth is at his best when he partners a taller striker.

lets flip it on his head, what makes N'Gog a footballer let alone a striker. In my opinion his pace is fairly average, his first touch awful, his vision terrible, game intelligence non-existent, shooting ok'ish, finishing ok at tap ins but long shots a disaster.

I just don't think he is very good, in fact I think he may be one of the worst strikers we have ever had at the club so why the feck he gets games before Nemeth is a compete mystery to me.
heimdall

Postby bigmick » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:23 pm

Hey Heimdall lets be positive here FFS :angry:   I'll start, I think he's better than Sean Dundee and possibly even Neil Mellor  :) .
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando26 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:45 pm

heimdall wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:I don't understand all the dislike for N'gog. I don't think people realize that he is younger than Nemeth.  I think a lot has to do with Nemeth showing up a year earlier and "putting his time in for the reserves"  You don't really think that N'gog during that same time was getting sup appearances in the french league at PSG.  N'gog is bigger and pacier than Nemeth, plays a totally different game, scores goals, has improved tremendously as someone who can hold up play and flick on to others.

I actually think that Nemeth and N'gog would play well together (in a league cup match or something) as Nemeth is at his best when he partners a taller striker.

lets flip it on his head, what makes N'Gog a footballer let alone a striker. In my opinion his pace is fairly average, his first touch awful, his vision terrible, game intelligence non-existent, shooting ok'ish, finishing ok at tap ins but long shots a disaster.

I just don't think he is very good, in fact I think he may be one of the worst strikers we have ever had at the club so why the feck he gets games before Nemeth is a compete mystery to me.

your an idiot mate
Nando26

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:37 pm

heimdall wrote:

N'gog has above average pace, and is significantly faster than Nemeth.

how important is it for big strikers to have long shots in their arsenal?

his vision is terrible? he isn't a playmaker so that isn't that big a deal, even if it was true.

Whenever N'gog plays for the reserves, he shows why he gets on the bench ahead of Nemeth.
JoeTerp

Postby Highland Red » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:30 am

Nando26 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

your an idiot mate

You are or You're. Not your.

Comprende?

:;):
Highland Red

Postby heimdall » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:33 am

Nando26 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

your an idiot mate

Whereas your post demonstrates your vast intellect I suppose. Try telling me what you disagree with, that's what we like to call debating on this forum, it's more useful than one-line insults.
heimdall

Postby heimdall » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:39 am

JoeTerp wrote:
heimdall wrote:

N'gog has above average pace, and is significantly faster than Nemeth.

how important is it for big strikers to have long shots in their arsenal?

his vision is terrible? he isn't a playmaker so that isn't that big a deal, even if it was true.

Whenever N'gog plays for the reserves, he shows why he gets on the bench ahead of Nemeth.

So basically you're saying that Nemeth is very slow then. In any case Babel is the quickest player we have but that doesn't mean too much does it!

Of course vision is important for a striker, they have to sniff out little runs they can make, get into positions to receive the ball etc etc, and yes playing for a top team you should be able to score the occasional 20 or 30 yard screamer into the top corner or at least demonstrate something to make fans sit up and go wow this kid's got something, neither Lucas or Wash have ever done that for me, well Lucas maybe nearly once or twice but Wash never.

If you are saying that N'Gog is the best back up striker we have to Torres then we are well and truly fecked, personally I have seen more from Nemeth in a few minutes of play than I have in watching several matches of ponderous Wash, I just hope Rafa has seen the same things.
heimdall

Postby Nando26 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:44 am

Firstly id like to say that the last few comments have come from the brother not me

Hes beginning to :censored: me off using my id

I do think we should sell N'Gog & Voronin & buy Kierrison, move Nemeth & Pacheco into 3rd & 4th choice
Nando26

Postby heimdall » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:02 am

Nando26 wrote:Firstly id like to say that the last few comments have come from the brother not me

Hes beginning to :censored: me off using my id

I do think we should sell N'Gog & Voronin & buy Kierrison, move Nemeth & Pacheco into 3rd & 4th choice

Oh thank god for that, I couldn't believe that anyone with such a great avatar could be such a d1ck.  :D

Who is that girl in your avatar?
heimdall

Postby roberto green » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:17 am

To be honest I don't think he is good enough, As much as it is nice to see a local lad break through I would never say just because he is local he should have a game or have more of a chance, I don't care where our players are from as long as they have passion for our shirt, I hear some pundits sometimes,  especially the local ones and you hear them saying we should give so and so a chance (A local lad) and they are clearly not that good but on the other hand they give some of the foreign lads a lot of stick (mainly Lucas) even when they haven't had too bad of a game and TBH i don't mind them giving the stick out as long as it is fair.But is Spearing good enough...

:no
roberto green

Postby Sabre » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:59 pm

bigmick wrote:Hey Heimdall lets be positive here FFS :angry:   I'll start, I think he's better than Sean Dundee and possibly even Neil Mellor  :) .

Even Neil Mellor had the opportunity to prove himself in a premiership game and even score an important game against Arsenal. What I'm asking for Spearing is that he has that chances.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:28 pm

Sabre wrote:
bigmick wrote:Hey Heimdall lets be positive here FFS :angry:   I'll start, I think he's better than Sean Dundee and possibly even Neil Mellor  :) .

Even Neil Mellor had the opportunity to prove himself in a premiership game and even score an important game against Arsenal. What I'm asking for Spearing is that he has that chances.

And me mate.

I think he could be a useful squad player if given the opportunity.
I certainly dont think he would let anyone down.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Nando26 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Highland Red wrote:
Nando26 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

your an idiot mate

Comprende?

yo comprede

puta madre
Nando26

Postby Highland Red » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:18 pm

Nando26 wrote:
Highland Red wrote:
Nando26 wrote:
heimdall wrote:

your an idiot mate

Comprende?

yo comprede

puta madre

:laugh:
Highland Red

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion