JAVIER MASCHERANO - Official Thread

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby rocky29 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:51 pm

devaney wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Aside from Gerrard who does that wherever he is playing, no one mate. We don't have anyone left of that quality. Poulsen? Meh... ok short term player but nowhere on Masch's level imo.

We just have to struggle on and hope we can bring in someone of his calibre again when we are sold. But what im most gutted about is that we couldn't get Toure to come this way as part of the deal. Would have been a damn sight better than what we have now.

I actually like Poulson and he was for me the only player who shone against The  Albion .... he gives an assurance in possession
but that said  he is a totally different player than Mascherano ...he was a one off there is currently no player in world football better than The little Chief in a defensive midfield position .... and unless the players are sufficiently fired up to cover his absence by harrying and chasing down their opponents then I think he will be missed more than people think ......

Essien is streets ahead of Mascherano in every department.Just what did Mascherano offer other than a fifth defender when we were up against the very top teams.

Even the sick note Aquilani looks out of this world on YouTube!

aquilani is world class. So we nurse him back to health. Now hes finally fit we ship him out to save wages. And now we lack any creativity in the middle. Why didnt we save money and get rid of lucas babbel and maxi. What a joke.
rocky29
LFC Super Member

Postby TarnRed » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:29 pm

Rocky, question for you?.

Due to the clubs predicament off the field have you ever thought that Hodgson may have been told to shift Aquilani's £3.4m wages off the wage bill?.

I still disagree that he's world class. He started 67 games roughly in 5 years in Italy, he showed some quality touches yes, but 2 assists in that is not world class from a player that plays such a position. Meireles has more assists in one season btw.
TarnRed

Postby fivecups » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:40 pm

TarnRed wrote:Due to the clubs predicament off the field have you ever thought that Hodgson may have been told to shift Aquilani's £3.4m wages off the wage bill?.

It's something I'd love to know the answer too? Whose decision was it to send Aquilani out on loan and what were the reasons for it. As you say, it could have been the boards for financial reasons or it could have been Roys because he realised he wasn't good or he 'had problems in his head' as Rafa intimated. No-one seems to have anwsered it to date.

I agree though - nowhere near world class.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TarnRed » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:45 pm

fivecups wrote:
TarnRed wrote:Due to the clubs predicament off the field have you ever thought that Hodgson may have been told to shift Aquilani's £3.4m wages off the wage bill?.

It's something I'd love to know the answer too? Whose decision was it to send Aquilani out on loan and what were the reasons for it. As you say, it could have been the boards for financial reasons or it could have been Roys because he realised he wasn't good or he 'had problems in his head' as Rafa intimated. No-one seems to have anwsered it to date.

I agree though - nowhere near world class.

You make a good point about it all been in his head. Let's leave this at that because this thread is about the 'monster'.

Sorry for causing a distractation.
TarnRed

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:02 pm

rocky29 wrote:aquilani is world class.

Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:34 pm

i'm wondering how our mate rocky has managed to see so much of aquilani playing that he's been able to come to the conclusion that he's world class. i'm thinking he actually just liked his hair.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:04 pm

andy_g wrote:i'm wondering how our mate rocky has managed to see so much of aquilani playing that he's been able to come to the conclusion that he's world class. i'm thinking he actually just liked his hair.

I will just say this....  Jason McAteer Head and shoulders ad
Rocky never recovered ......
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:11 pm

What does "world class" mean?
Thommo's perm

Postby destro » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:57 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:What does "world class" mean?

I think it means ( in this case ) if you was to gather a CLASS of the best midfielders in the WORLD Aquilani would be stood in the corner, facing the wall with a dunce hat on  :D
destro

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:26 am

destro wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:What does "world class" mean?

I think it means ( in this case ) if you was to gather a CLASS of the best midfielders in the WORLD Aquilani would be stood in the corner, facing the wall with a dunce hat on  :D

do me a favour, he wouldn't make it to the class.

He'd be at home and his mum would send a note to the school saying he's ill, again.  :D
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:56 pm

Reina praises former team-mate Masch

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina did not criticise the manner of Javier Mascherano’s departure from the club after talking about the Argentine and he wished his old team-mate well:

“He will not create any problems in Barcelona, he is always professional, never has generated controversy. He’s a good person even if he is quiet, somewhat introverted. When it’s time to work, he works.”

Reds team-mate Jamie Carragher previously criticised the way Mascherano left Anfield at the end of the August transfer window.
Benny The Noon

Postby PabloMedina28 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:14 pm

Reg wrote:
tonyeh wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:Image

The picture says it all really doesnt it. He just looks like one spoiled brat who got his own way.

Never liked the cunt.

To be honest knowing the argies quite well, his behaviour is underestandable. No class.....

Yep i spent six months in Mexico and came across alot of em they r for the most part the very worst of humans, selfish, gold digging arrogant :censored:, they wouldnt know loyalty if it smacked them in the face.

Said it awhile back..................GOOD RIDDANCE U LITTLE GIMP
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:28 pm

FWIW, just watched Alonso cream Masch in the first half of tonite's game in Buenos Aires....
And I have to admit I was torn between two emotions : happy that the Argie ku.nt got horsed out of it, and sad that our dear departed Alonso was the one to do it.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:53 pm

He has controlled the game tonight . Been nice and steady and simple , prowelled the midfield and just let the skilful guys do the fancy work .
Benny The Noon

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:55 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:He has controlled the game tonight . Been nice and steady and simple , prowelled the midfield and just let the skilful guys do the fancy work .

4-1 ....farkin' hell !
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion