Its begun - Beware

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby LFCNUTTER » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:29 pm

Piewhack wrote:Money you took off them last year??

Why.. did you bet that we would finish lower than Everton or something??!

No No No I took most of the money off them betting on indavidual games mainly through the CL olympiakos,juve/chelsea etc
LFCNUTTER

Postby neil » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:43 pm

sounds like a winner to me  :nod
Piewack ! your avatar cat is scaring mine !  ???
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:45 pm

why not bet with bookies and get better odds than evens?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:19 pm

i made £1000 in the bookies!
it was a great nite when i won all that cash!
spent it after 3 nites out on the town though!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MCYan » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:33 pm

what's this post about? ???

We all know we will be in the race....
MCYan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 65-1114725958 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:47 pm

If we are talking title contenders, thn I do think we are up there, we need that milito dood and figo thought to compliment the squad.

Chelsea havent got the league title "on a plate" and have to perform well to reach the same standards as last season. They may get a lot of draws , and drop points. they have to churn out those results.

we just need to be more consistent and win all our home games!

Arsenal are well fooked now if you ask me, selling lanky viera, he was the heartbeat for them.

man Utd, era is over, Keane and Giggs are old men, and they havent signed many.
65-1114725958

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:15 pm

Alfonso Alonso 1 wrote:Arsenal are well fooked now if you ask me, selling lanky viera, he was the heartbeat for them.

It's a bit ludicrous writing off a team that went undefeated in 2003/2004 and managed a respectable 83 points last season.

Although I agree that Vieira was a very important player for them (he was the captain so of course he is going to be influential) they showed last season that they can win without him. He missed 6 league games last season, and Arsenal won 5 and drew one of those 6, the draw being 2-2 against Chelsea.

They may struggle slightly without him, but they have bought an excellent player in Aleksiandr Hleb from Stuttgart and have guys like Gilberto, Ljungberg, Flamini and Fabregas, who is an amazing player for such a young age and will probably turn out to be one of the best midfeidlers in the EPL, if not the world in a few seasons.

A team that possesses players like Campbell, Reyes, Cole, Fabregas, Gilberto, Ljungberg, Hleb, Bergkamp, Van Persie and Henry of course is still going to have a hell of a say in the title race if you ask me, they may end up winning it, but my favourites are still Chelsea with Arsenal in 2nd and Liverpool in 3rd.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joependo » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:55 pm

We are way in the race in the prem league.It is us,Manu,Arsenal and Chelsea but personally i reckon we will come 2nd.Now that Viera's gone they might lose the race.Chelsea have shown there power and everyone knows how they play so they could still win it but will be harder.Man U i reckon are gonna be hard with the new signings they have made.Vander Saar (Not sayin he's good) and Park from PSV he is a good player.Us and Mancs will be the hardes title holders.I'm not sayin Chelsea aren't but you know what anything can happen.
joependo

Postby El Nino_#9 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:00 pm

personally i think we will finish 4th this season, maybe 3rd if we are lucky.
i still think chelsea will win it again. and either united or arsenal will get 2nd or 3rd.
everton i reckin have no chance or reproducing the form they had last season.
newcastle have shout though considering the players the have purchased.
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:36 pm

i think liverpool will really be in the title mix this season,with chelsea and arsenal .manure will finish forth,giggs keane neville scholes have lost there hunger now and are just shadows of there former selves.and i also predict this will be fergie,s last season,the job of rebuilding manure will be a long process and fergie doesn,t have it in him to do another rebuilding job.
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hobbes » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:39 am

At least most of you guys have agreed that we are in the race. Whether we inish no. 1 or not is another question. We wont finish in 5th place or 6th place any more.
At least we are capable of compeating. Last year we are not even looked upon in the primiershp race. Every tom dick and harry came to Anfield and humiliated us. 
This year, we will have a strong and enough members in the squad to trash chelsea. We can win over chelsea not in 1-0 situation but higher scores.
hobbes

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion