A new era has begun! - La viva espana!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:00 pm

He covered that and said he'd talk to them at the first opportunity.

Did anyone else actually see the conference?

I was made up with what he said, seriously.
115-1073096938

Postby jack66 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:46 pm

Yep i saw the press conference and was very impressed.
jack66

Postby jack66 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:50 pm

He seems to be very confident in what he says and i dont think he will take any ****** off anyone.Was also impressed with him saying that he needs to tell the players how important it is to play for LIVERPOOL FC.
jack66

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:21 pm

Any mention of whether he plans to bring anyone with him?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jack66 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:27 pm

nothing was said about any signings,just that he needs to speak to his players.
jack66

Postby fivecups » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:35 pm

Just found the press conference on the lfctv web site.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sean » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:20 pm

We're in a catch 22 situation with Benitez.  If hes ****** we'll want to get rid of him and if he wins the title and does well in europe Real Madrid will make him an offer he can't refuse to return to Spain.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby rse » Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:32 pm

He's certainly a winner, and I think the board have made a good choice.  He's had a lot of clubs in the last 9 years though.  I hope he's got the staying power.

Click here for LFC Kop audio cd info
rse

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:04 am

i also watched the press conference and was very impressed, his english was suprisngly good too. I dont think we need to worry about him being loyal to the club as he stated in the press conference that one of the things that attracted to him to liverpool was that english clubs always back there managers, maybe thats something you dont receive in spain.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:05 am

He won the title in his first season in charge in Valencia, can't see lightning striking twice, but if you fancy a flutter we're 12-1 for the title, 9-1 FA Cup, 40-1 Champions League (all with Willie Hills).

What I liked is he seems relaxed and confident and not on edge and on the verge of insanity ala Houllier.
I can't see him spouting a load of ****** when we get beat, he seems an honest fella.
robbohuyton

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:13 am

We have made a monumental mistake.O`Neill was our manager and we have seriously fu.cked up.The supporters know nothing of course,they,the board know more than us.We thought O`Neill was the man,one of us.But no,we need another foreigner we never heard of.Holy Fu.ck is there no one else who thinks we dont need an unknown spaniard? Shi.t we are missing out on O`Neill!!!!
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:19 am

greenred wrote:We have made a monumental mistake.O`Neill was our manager and we have seriously fu.cked up.The supporters know nothing of course,they,the board know more than us.We thought O`Neill was the man,one of us.But no,we need another foreigner we never heard of.Holy Fu.ck is there no one else who thinks we dont need an unknown spaniard? Shi.t we are missing out on O`Neill!!!!

O'Neill plays the long ball, likes Heskey and wanted his own backroom staff.

Benitez is hardly an unknown lad...think it's just you that mate
robbohuyton

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:30 am

The vast majority of liverpool supporters wanted O`Neill as manager.We now have a spanish bloke who no liverpool supporter wanted until last month.******,I hope we arent making a massive mistake.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:43 am

greenred wrote:The vast majority of liverpool supporters wanted O`Neill as manager.We now have a spanish bloke who no liverpool supporter wanted until last month.******,I hope we arent making a massive mistake.

Vast majority!? My ******..
I didn't want O'Neill and don't know anyone who did. Are you O'Neil? Don't see anyone else championing his cause.
He favours a big man up front, direct football, bypassing the midfield. If you want that mate go across the Park and cheer on Duncan the tampon
robbohuyton

Postby edwardo » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:49 am

A NEW ERA HAS BEGUN ? FOR HOW LONG.
Before we all get totally carried away will somebody put my mind at ease and explain why a mgr joins a club spends three seasons with them , wins the league title twice in one of the worlds best leagues , picks up honours in europe and then decides to leave .
I don't want to rain on our parade,I believe Beni will be good for us BUT I don't understand his motives for coming to LFC,he was becoming a legend in Valencia .(their fans must be gutted) . I hope he shows more loyalty to us than he did to them.

The guy loves a challenge and whilst he did agreat job at Valencia he can see the fantastic potential at our beloved club and the history that goes with it, where else in the world would he get the opportunity to better his credentials, and when he succeeds let him go to Real or wherever, job done!!!!!
edwardo

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion