A new era has begun! - La viva espana!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:56 am

He hated the board at Valencia and it was all downhill from there on in if he had stayed. They are going to sell all their best players because they are absolutely skint.
I mean look who Ranieri has been linked with since taking over from Beni, Ian Harte and Jesper Gronkjaer...says it all really.
robbohuyton

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:58 am

robbohuyton wrote:
greenred wrote:The vast majority of liverpool supporters wanted O`Neill as manager.We now have a spanish bloke who no liverpool supporter wanted until last month.******,I hope we arent making a massive mistake.

Vast majority!? My ******..
I didn't want O'Neill and don't know anyone who did. Are you O'Neil? Don't see anyone else championing his cause.
He favours a big man up front, direct football, bypassing the midfield. If you want that mate go across the Park and cheer on Duncan the tampon

I dont know where your from mate but your on your own.Liverpool supporters wanted O`Neill.We are now very badly fu.cked.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:04 am

it's ironic that most of us have been peeved of with the antics of Parry and the board in leaving us all hanging around...now the announcements made you lot are still not satisfied?

Give the guy a chance. Beating Real and Barcelona to the league title can not be compared to beating Rangers to the title (O'Neil?)... the Boss has said that coming to LFC has been a "dream" full filled. Are still we not a big club? Ambitious people seek new cahllenges and prestigious jobs...Valencia are not any where as big as US.

Get a grip people.. lets be happy:laugh: and welcoming.. English managers just ain't got what it takes to compete with the best in Europe... look at the string of failures.

Welcome senor Benitez to the  European City of Cultue and the home of Liverpool Football Club... you are proud to be the manager.. and I am proud to have you at the helm! (at last.. still won't forgive you Parry for that bloody holiday)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:05 am

I'm from Huyton mate and I think you should stay off the chong lad. Everyone I know who's a Red, regulars at the match an all, are well chuffed with Beni.
And none of them wanted O'Neill.
Just wait and see lad and stop being so negative...
robbohuyton

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:14 am

Its sadly the way in here sometimes Zara??? LFC are damned if they do and damned if they don't :D

The guy's not even got the ink dry on the contract and the boo boys are out in force.

In fotball there is expectation and there are uneasonable demands. Heavy weighs the demands of many on Bnitez's shoulders already but i get the sense this guy's got thick skin, he is certianly going to need it !!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbohuyton » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:17 am

Yeah, specially if he bumps into Greenred!! :laugh:
robbohuyton

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:20 am

im happy, why are people complaining? we have a winner in charge.
Lets not forget the other names that were banded around, curbishley, strachan, allardyce,.  this guy has pedigree so lets wait and see
112-1077774096

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:26 am

Hi Robbo, I was at Anfield today  renewing my season ticket and it was buzzing with the imminent news. your right , most on the ground supporters are chuffed with the anouncement :D

We are getting a Manger who has outwitted the richest club in the world twice i the last 3 seasons, won the UEFA Cup beating the team that knocked LFC out , outplayed us on 3 seperate occasions in his tenure and built a team thats defensively sound and attackingly exciting to watch.

Valencia weren't devastated when he left for nothing !!!!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:35 am

He`s won nothing in england.Why should we care about him?He is nothing.He is nothing.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:44 am

Your way off the pulse here Greenred. How can you judge the man a failure when he hasn;t even started the job yet !!!!!!
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:49 am

greenred wrote:He`s won nothing in england.Why should we care about him?He is nothing.He is nothing.

You need to get a grip? (greenred)

Have you ever watched the Spanish league? Or have O'Neil's feets in a two-club league occupied your viewing and delluded you in to thinking that LFC will only battle the likes of Charlton and Bolton for the league?

You really have demeaned the importance of LFC reaching the top by spouting your nonsence... stop it and get a life!

No-one knows who will succeed for sure... but LFC sure as hell have a chance now... and if you can't see that ....well it sounds like your more of a green then a red!
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:45 am

Whtas O'neill eber won in england as a manager, one league cup. Does that make hime  a better candidate, i dont think so
112-1077774096

Postby azriahmad » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:05 am

Benitez was credited with pushing Raul into Real Madrid's senior squad when he was the youth team coach.

Benitez also won 2 Primera Liga titles with Valencia against the likes of Real Madrid, Barca and Deprotivo, clubs who are known to pay silly money to get players. Benitez has also won the UEFA Cup with Valencia.

Benitez left Valencia because he was fed up with having to fight with the Director of football to get the players he wanted. Last season, Valencia won the league without a natural goalscorer and Mista who is not a regular out and out striker scored loads. Benitez wanted a striker but Valencia bought something else, yet he still managed to win the league.

I respect O'Neill, and his achievements. Given his success in Scotland and how he gor Celtic to whup Liverpool, I'd think the man will be a good manager for LFC. Likewise, I think Benitez will be a good manager for LFC. Both these men have shown a good tactical head and to make do with what they have and excel with those limited resources.

Before he came to Liverpool, Houllier had only won the French league with RC Lens, and after that he became the French national coach with disasterous results. He is good technically, but not so on the management front. We all gave him a chance.

Give this guy a chance. He is at least a winner, not like Houllier who clearly is not. I would have been upset if LFC appointed someone like Strachan instead of O'Neill. But noe, we have a proven winner like Benitez. Let's give him a chance. Don't forget that his Valencia totally outplayed us in 3 games (2 in CL, 1 friendly) and beat us every time.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mambo88 » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:22 am

With Ben comin' lets hope things will flourish @ LFC.

www.liverpoolfanclub.org.sg
mambo88

Postby begintoend » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:25 am

Beni deserves all support from our players and supporters. Now that he's here, he will look to transform this team into championship quality; like the way he did with Valencia. I can't wait to see what he has for the team.
Maybe in the CL, we'll meet O'Neil's team and beat em' .
:D
begintoend
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion