Instant solution to all our problems - Sports tycoon touches base with anfield

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:50 pm

Anyway it's not a decision that will be taken lightly who will take control of the club for the foseeable future but one things for sure we need some money.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:53 pm

mistyred wrote:Anyway it's not a decision that will be taken lightly who will take control of the club for the foseeable future but one things for sure we need some money.

yeh i know we need money to compete, but theirs got to be someone out there that has enough money to support us and not a bluddy american that in my honest opinion would hurt the club.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
" Whats a holly kipper CRA? Is that a scene from batman and Robin :D" - CGGY
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:54 pm

mistyred wrote:But America and Canada are joint together :D  :p  But yeh most funny Americans are from canada :D

canada is one of the best exporters of comedians in the world
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
This is soo true - Daniel - sweetest guy in the world,soft and gentle but good in bed! hes a keeper!!!!!!
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:55 pm

Ino Mathew Perry cracks me up :D
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:00 am

mistyred wrote:Ino Mathew Perry cracks me up :D

lol but back to the topic
misty dont you think american culture being injected into the club would hurt liverpool and its heritage.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:08 am

Errmm i understand what you mean in some way's but if the object is just simply about money then no yes i'm for it but when it comes to upholding traditions and the good name of LFC then i think we might have a problem.

In America they have alot of probs with sports stars and anti social behaviour and if we aver did get taken over i just hope it's not introduced to the club as we already had our patch with this.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:41 am

mistyred wrote:Errmm i understand what you mean in some way's but if the object is just simply about money then no yes i'm for it but when it comes to upholding traditions and the good name of LFC then i think we might have a problem.

In America they have alot of probs with sports stars and anti social behaviour and if we aver did get taken over i just hope it's not introduced to the club as we already had our patch with this.

problems will errupt up the wazzooo
hes trying to go from a totally different sport to one of the top leagues in the world, with no real knowledge of europe how is he going to help us, the money is good. The money is used wisely and not turn liverpool into another real madrid who buys everyone that is the best from their team.
with no knowledge of european sport how is he suppose to run the team.
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby L-type » Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:57 am

First of all I don't know why ronmeister takes two consecutive posts to say the exact same thing, so that ****** can ****** right off.  Second of all I'm american I hate our president and yet for some reason I naturally get grouped into the ty;pical american stereotype.  So meister would you tone down your ****** for a second.  Also it's not like Kraft is jumping from american football to football.  He already owns a soccer team that made it to the semi finals of the league tournament.  He is a born winner and always tries to get the best.  If that means the best players in the world then so be it.  I guess you could compare it to Real madrid except he wouldent be anything like Perez who doesnt really understand how to runa football club.  He is more hands off, whereas Perez will run behind your back and buy players like Owen.  So will you guys back off and try to stop neglecting the FACTS    :angry:
"I get bored quickly and like to change things — except my wife!”                   - Cisse
We all dream of a team of Sissoko's!! All 15 of them !!
L-type
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:40 am

I'll tell you why you are branded L-Type.  Its because there are certain people on this forum who believe that unless you are from Liverpool and live there you cant possibly know ne thing about football.  They also believe that if you are american then you cant possibly know anything about anything, i guess they believe its all down to sheer luck that America is the largest economy in the world and that it has produced people like Edison (sp?).  But no, its not Britain, or even Europe for that matter so they cant possibly know anything about anything can they?  Those same people are the ones who detest Liverpool's present mediocrity but are not willing to accept that in the modern game, football is a business.  Not a ma-and-pa style organisation.  They are unwilling to take the step of moving out of the past and embracing the future.  They are the same people who want to see an all-english team coached by an english manager even though a team like that would be overpriced, overhyped and wouldnt be the world beaters they think it would be.

I for one am sick of it and I'll be told to f**k off and support another team or some rubbish like that but I support Liverpool always have, always will and its not for any1 here to say whether something is right or wrong.  These people who criticize all the time, they're the armchair-experts, if you are so smart and amazing  and talented then why arent you managing a top side ey?  In fact Id venture to say that most of you, if not all, dont manage a side at all so you have no evidence that you are any better a judge or tactician than any1 else here.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby The_Rock » Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:48 am

Yeah.....lets cut all this bullsh1t from "where the money is gonna come".

Whats wrong with following chelsea in buying the title if L4 buys LFC over ?

I don't get it, am i missing something here ?

If L4 helps us in buying quality players and investing in the new stadium does it matter that they are american, thai or somalian ?

And what has new owners to do with breaking of tradition ? I mean if you are gonna invest over 100 million, surely you want to have a say how the club is run rite ?

Lets just focus on supporting the team and leave the back-room melodrama to the experts.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:01 am

Rock = Right  :)
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby cptrios » Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:19 am

As a New Englander and a fan of both of Kraft's teams, I can tell you that this guy is the genuine article...no Abramovich ******. He cares about his teams and he cares about soccer/football. And Gillette Stadium is AMAZING. I'm really not one to sing anybody's praises at all...but I love the Patriots and like the article says, he really does have a special place in the hearts of the whole region. Plus, think about it...this would be giving LFC access to a HUGE fanbase. The day I walk around Boston and see Liverpool shirts will be a happy one. Now, whenever you see someone in a football shirt, it's Real Madrid or manure.
cptrios

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:48 am

theirs a big difference between the MLS and the EPL
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Canadian Red Army » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:52 am

Starbridge42 wrote:I'll tell you why you are branded L-Type.  Its because there are certain people on this forum who believe that unless you are from Liverpool and live there you cant possibly know ne thing about football.  They also believe that if you are american then you cant possibly know anything about anything, i guess they believe its all down to sheer luck that America is the largest economy in the world and that it has produced people like Edison (sp?).  But no, its not Britain, or even Europe for that matter so they cant possibly know anything about anything can they?  Those same people are the ones who detest Liverpool's present mediocrity but are not willing to accept that in the modern game, football is a business.  Not a ma-and-pa style organisation.  They are unwilling to take the step of moving out of the past and embracing the future.  They are the same people who want to see an all-english team coached by an english manager even though a team like that would be overpriced, overhyped and wouldnt be the world beaters they think it would be.

I for one am sick of it and I'll be told to f**k off and support another team or some rubbish like that but I support Liverpool always have, always will and its not for any1 here to say whether something is right or wrong.  These people who criticize all the time, they're the armchair-experts, if you are so smart and amazing  and talented then why arent you managing a top side ey?  In fact Id venture to say that most of you, if not all, dont manage a side at all so you have no evidence that you are any better a judge or tactician than any1 else here.

so you think your better because you have the largest but soon to be passed by China's economy. A business is run by people that know what their market is, their competitors, and the consumers. How does Mr Kraft fit into this?
RIP - Drummerphil - YNWA
The Canadian Red Army
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:52 am

Yes, different countries but it's a business. Football is a business and so is every other damn sport on the planet. It's all about business. Times have changed and we got to change as well.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion