In raffa i trust    but!

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby AussieKopite » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:23 pm

Lionheart wrote:I thought Sissoko was like a chook with his head cut off. He's wasted a lot of time and energy running backwards and forwards trying to close down players (I suspect that's what he was doing anyway).

I wouldn't go as far as to blame Hyypia & Warnock entirely for the loss. At the other end we didn't put chances away...someone is responsible for that too remember. :;):

Not entirely but for letting them through.  I still really like Hyppia. Warnock just needs more experience and was a bit out of his depth.
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:26 pm

Johnbull, can you actually tell us what you found wrong with kewell's performance?
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:29 pm

What happened with the person who invaded the pitch just after kick off?? They took forever to get him out of the net. The broadcast I was watching gave only a glimpse of someone in the net.

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:29 pm

Johnbull, can you actually tell us what you found wrong with kewell's performance?

me was waffling on about his hair style or something....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:46 pm

I think Rafa did make some mistakes tonight (IMHO) but under the circumstances and in regard to the bloody awful week he's had, I'm prepared to cut him some slack. :;):

[url=http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img]http://www.ggarmy.com/files/PIMBSLQY1J/WorldCupHeroes1.jpg[/img[/url]
Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:05 pm

stoney wrote:Johnbull, can you actually tell us what you found wrong with kewell's performance?

The boy did today exactly what he has always done, He goes through the motions . He has NEVER played with his heart and never showed the commitment needed. Shows no awareness of the rest of the team's positions and takes hours to get up from a tackle (usually with his arms out pleading to the ref).

He's got the willpower and commitment of a jellyfish
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lionheart » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:13 pm

JohnBull wrote:
stoney wrote:Johnbull, can you actually tell us what you found wrong with kewell's performance?

The boy did today exactly what he has always done, He goes through the motions . He has NEVER played with his heart and never showed the commitment needed. Shows no awareness of the rest of the team's positions and takes hours to get up from a tackle (usually with his arms out pleading to the ref).

He's got the willpower and commitment of a jellyfish

Sorry JB...I disagree entirely. The lad did OK and I think you would be in the minority in thinking that he was only going through the motions.

Lionheart
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:20 pm

I know what I'm watching and he's no 100%er

Despite what people are saying this game WAS important. It did matter and it wasn't just bad luck that we didn't win it, it was poor selection. (and I love RAFFA !)
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:22 pm

Poor selection? We played a team we've used over the last 12 games. This team was good enough to beat Sau Paulo in two games let alone one. In case you fell asleep in the second half, we dominated in every possible way. 21 shots on goal, 17 goals, 3 goals disallowed = not our day.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:30 pm

A.B. wrote:Poor selection? We played a team we've used over the last 12 games. This team was good enough to beat Sau Paulo in two games let alone one. In case you fell asleep in the second half, we dominated in every possible way. 21 shots on goal, 17 goals, 3 goals disallowed = not our day.

HALLO ?

Check your records
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:33 pm

JohnBull wrote:
A.B. wrote:Poor selection? We played a team we've used over the last 12 games. This team was good enough to beat Sau Paulo in two games let alone one. In case you fell asleep in the second half, we dominated in every possible way. 21 shots on goal, 17 goals, 3 goals disallowed = not our day.

HALLO ?

Check your records

Even the great teams from '81 and '84 lost in the this very same cup. I expected you out of all people to be more understanding and reasonable. The selection had nothing to do with us losing.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:46 pm

To tell the God's honest truth - I expected to lose the earlier games because they were better teams we were playing.
Today was a great chance to remake the record list and we blew it. Not because we were a lesser team but because we picked a lesser team.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:49 pm

John, you're in the minority of 1.  There was nothing wrong with the team, Rafa rotates his team and rightly so.  We've got some important games to play and the Premierleague is 1000 x times more important than the World Club Championships.  You can blame whoever you like, Kewell included, but the rest of us don't agree.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:49 pm

The team we picked was the same we have been practicaly using in the past couple of months. The team was not poor, it was good enough to win. It had nothing to do with the selection, its the fact that we couldn't score[or score a goal that the ref thought it was onside].

THey defended as if they played in the Premiership. Not even the likes of Everton and Bolton defend like they did today but we still kept on pressing and making chances. We hit the damn crossbar twice.

Secondly, this cup is a mickey mouse cup. How can a tournament that lets a team play in the final after one game be taken seriously?

There are other games in the Premiership that are important and Benitez sees that, thats why some players weren't playing today and vice versa against Seprissa. This tournament came into the worst possible time
Last edited by A.B. on Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby JohnBull » Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:52 pm

WE lost a VERY important game today and this one stupid result could affect the rest of the season. The game is all about good habits and we've lost the best one today.
JohnBull
JohnBull
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion