If we only sign one player this summer..... - It has to be tevez

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 06, 2007 11:06 pm

in the sunday people newspaper it said that rafa met with tevez`s representatives in a london hotel before the fulham game.
what i like about tevez is that he turned around a bad situation  especially when curbishley first went there and wouldnt play him.
sometimes we forget these are young lads in foreign country`s but tevez rather than wash his hands of west hams plight and maybe play a get out of jail free card by throwing a diva like strop and saying ` this team isnt a good enough vehicle for me to show my talents, i cant peform here` (an argument most people would have accepted) he got his head down, offered no excuses and almost single handedly has turned around what seemed a hopeless situation.
the worrying thing for liverpool is that he seems a loyal type of lad and he has fell in love with the west ham crowd who hero worship him.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Agger_The_Dagger » Sun May 06, 2007 11:50 pm

With Mascherano already at the club we are surely going to lead the race for Tevez signature this summer.

I would also love to see him at the club as he is an excellent all-round player and would be capable of getting 25+ goals a season.

One thing I also feel that we lack is the type of player that can unlock a defence with a little one-two or slide rule pass when space is tight or congested.

Someone like Beardsley would be ideal.......what a player he was.

Tevez coming to Anfield certainly looks like a promising rumour and hopefully he will be in action for us next season!
Agger_The_Dagger

Postby Stu.Murph » Mon May 07, 2007 12:00 am

Agger_The_Dagger wrote:With Mascherano already at the club we are surely going to lead the race for Tevez signature this summer.

I would also love to see him at the club as he is an excellent all-round player and would be capable of getting 25+ goals a season.

One thing I also feel that we lack is the type of player that can unlock a defence with a little one-two or slide rule pass when space is tight or congested.

Someone like Beardsley would be ideal.......what a player he was.

Tevez coming to Anfield certainly looks like a promising rumour and hopefully he will be in action for us next season!

Hello Hustler.
Stu.Murph
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Mon May 07, 2007 12:10 am

If there has to be one signing then please let it be Kenny Dalglish ! The only thing we are lacking in this squad is the putting away of chances, Kenny would show them how its done and would complete the last part of the puzzle that is Liverpool FC.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby CardinalRed » Tue May 08, 2007 12:34 pm

Two words...... [/B]Dimitar Berbatov[B]

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Tue May 08, 2007 3:38 pm

I think the first post i posted on this site back in the begining of march was on Transfer rumours and it whent on the lines of "go get Tevez the guy is class in the making".

Some of you say he would not score 20 goals in a season and you are proberly right but whoever he plays upfront with will get themselves 30 goals of that mans work.
grayghost

Postby SuperScouser » Tue May 08, 2007 10:04 pm

I would pic either David Villa or Fernando Torres
SuperScouser

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:41 pm

yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:in the sunday people newspaper it said that rafa met with tevez`s representatives in a london hotel before the fulham game.
what i like about tevez is that he turned around a bad situation  especially when curbishley first went there and wouldnt play him.
sometimes we forget these are young lads in foreign country`s but tevez rather than wash his hands of west hams plight and maybe play a get out of jail free card by throwing a diva like strop and saying ` this team isnt a good enough vehicle for me to show my talents, i cant peform here` (an argument most people would have accepted) he got his head down, offered no excuses and almost single handedly has turned around what seemed a hopeless situation.
the worrying thing for liverpool is that he seems a loyal type of lad and he has fell in love with the west ham crowd who hero worship him.

We all know how reliable newspapers can be, not very.

They usually print an apology in a small side column every week saying 'we apologise for a story we printed last month, we now accept that this story was untrue'.

They all claim to have a 'source' who saw that person in that place at that time.

I agree that Tevez has been top quality for the latter part of this season, but it's not solely down to him, it's a team effort and that includes Curbishley. Plenty of other West Ham players have put in top performances of late e.g. Robert Green.

Also, to say he would be capable of getting 25+ goals a season is a little premature. He's not a proven 25+ a season man like Henry is for example, he's nowhere near proven at that level in this division.

Berbatov would be a top signing in my opinion but be realistic, he's at Spurs, he's said he loves it there, he's said loves life in London and he's had a great season. I personally can't see that one happening, the fee if at all likely would be astronomical in any case.
LFC2007

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 08, 2007 10:44 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
yckatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:in the sunday people newspaper it said that rafa met with tevez`s representatives in a london hotel before the fulham game.

We all know how reliable newspapers can be, not very.

They usually print an apology in a small side column every week saying 'we apologise for a story we printed last month, we now accept that this story was untrue'.

They all claim to have a 'source' who saw that person in that place at that time.

I agree that Tevez has been top quality for the latter part of this season, but it's not solely down to him, it's a team effort and that includes Curbishley. Plenty of other West Ham players have put in top performances of late e.g. Robert Green.

Also, to say he would be capable of getting 25+ goals a season is a little premature. He's not a proven 25+ a season man like Henry is for example, he's nowhere near proven at that level in this division.

Berbatov would be a top signing in my opinion but be realistic, he's at Spurs, he's said he loves it there, he's said loves life in London and he's had a great season. I personally can't see that one happening, the fee if at all likely would be astronomical in any case.

the rumours are pretty strong that united are going for berbatov with saha going the other way.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue May 08, 2007 10:50 pm

Ok we shall see, but I don't see it happening, it may do and if it does then he'd command a silly fee. I would just re-iterate what Martin Jol and Aaroon Lennon have said of late, taht is that he Loves it where he is.
LFC2007

Postby hunterz » Tue May 08, 2007 11:50 pm

I wont want Tevez if buying him hampers our budget to buy villas or eto.. ???
Last edited by hunterz on Tue May 08, 2007 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hunterz

Postby El Nino_#9 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:42 am

3 strikers I feel that can be a success at Liverpool, and i'd be happy if we can get at least 1.
Carlos Tevez, Dimitar Berbatov & Benni McCarthey
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 09, 2007 1:00 am

I'm not convinced Mccarthy would offer enough, I think we need someone with a little more pace and who is sharper than Mccarthy on the ball. He's getting on a bit aswell, OK he's done well at Blackburn and credit to him for that but I think he lacks sharpness in control of the ball.
LFC2007

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion