Player options in summer....who!??

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:57 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:
stmichael » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:42 pm wrote:as benny said, we need to be bringing attacking options into the club not shipping them out.

this borini has only played 46 games in his whole career, and 12 of them were with swansea in the championship. in his 8 appearances for chelsea he didnt score a goal
if carroll is going out on loan and this lad is meant to be leading the line for us then rodgers is off his rocker.

the only bit you missed out of all that was the fact that Boroni scored 6 goals in 9 appearences for Swansea 2010 - 2011.  That was kind of an important fact to miss out when talking about a striker but it didn't fit the purpose of your 'p!ss poor' arguement did it? muppet.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Yes he did score 6 goals in 9 games on loan in the Championship. Not exactly ground breaking and could just be a bit of a golden run.

If he is bought he will be someone who has potential but a long way to go yet.
Benny The Noon

Postby RichardLFC1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:47 pm wrote:
RichardLFC1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm wrote:maybe so take Kompany out of citys and they would be worse.

We have creativity in suarez and Gerrard. We have a Strong target man in Carroll. If Downing pulls his finger out or we sign someone off the calibre of Adam johson we wpuld be fantastic

Agger misses half the season every year , Kompany missed about a game because of suspension

Gerrard is declining and we will get a handful of games from him every season now

Suarez is creative but also wasteful

We need scoring and creating options at the club if we don't then we won't improve much more next season

I dont know why you are arguing with all i said although we may have a weaker midfield our back 4 is alot stronger

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:07 pm

Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:51 pm wrote:
stmichael » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:42 pm wrote:as benny said, we need to be bringing attacking options into the club not shipping them out.

this borini has only played 46 games in his whole career, and 12 of them were with swansea in the championship. in his 8 appearances for chelsea he didnt score a goal
if carroll is going out on loan and this lad is meant to be leading the line for us then rodgers is off his rocker.

the only bit you missed out of all that was the fact that Boroni scored 6 goals in 9 appearences for Swansea 2010 - 2011.  That was kind of an important fact to miss out when talking about a striker but it didn't fit the purpose of your 'p!ss poor' arguement did it? muppet.

well i only mentioned the chelsea stats because prem sides are the teams he`ll be expected to score against next season, then again if we keep on buying 30 year old yanks and chelsea and swansea youth team players those championship scoring stats might become more relevent.
and do us a favour lad dont call me a muppet, ta.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:12 pm

RichardLFC1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:05 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:47 pm wrote:
RichardLFC1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:41 pm wrote:maybe so take Kompany out of citys and they would be worse.

We have creativity in suarez and Gerrard. We have a Strong target man in Carroll. If Downing pulls his finger out or we sign someone off the calibre of Adam johson we wpuld be fantastic

Agger misses half the season every year , Kompany missed about a game because of suspension

Gerrard is declining and we will get a handful of games from him every season now

Suarez is creative but also wasteful

We need scoring and creating options at the club if we don't then we won't improve much more next season

I dont know why you are arguing with all i said although we may have a weaker midfield our back 4 is alot stronger

Our back 4 is solid but it's not as strong as you are suggesting - it relies on an injury prone player.
Benny The Noon

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:39 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:07 pm wrote:
well i only mentioned the chelsea stats because prem sides are the teams he`ll be expected to score against next season, then again if we keep on buying 30 year old yanks and chelsea and swansea youth team players those championship scoring stats might become more relevent.

ok mate, i only used the word muppet cos it's a bit tamer than n@b jockey, but if you insist. that fact is he's unproven in the prem and no one can really say whether or not he'll do good or flop. but don't let the facts get in the way of your pulling him before the ink is dry.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 pm

Roger Red Hat » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:39 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:07 pm wrote:

ok mate, i only used the word muppet cos it's a bit tamer than n@b jockey, but if you insist. that fact is he's unproven in the prem and no one can really say whether or not he'll do good or flop. but don't let the facts get in the way of your pulling him before the ink is dry.

funny arent you lad
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:58 pm

just out of interest, how many of you on here would take walcott if he became available? several rumours that he may leave arsenal.

personally he frustrates the hell out of me a lot of the time but he's got pace and would be ideal in rodgers' 4-3-3 system. he can also finish. i see him as a forward rather than a wide player.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:00 pm

stmichael » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:58 pm wrote:just out of interest, how many of you on here would take walcott if he became available? several rumours that he may leave arsenal.

personally he frustrates the hell out of me a lot of the time but he's got pace and would be ideal in rodgers' 4-3-3 system. he can also finish. i see him as a forward rather than a wide player.

:nod
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Penguins » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:43 pm

The wage he is demanding is severly damaging though which makes him a non option.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RichardLFC1 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:10 am

Id take Theo in a flash. He is just what we need and what it seems Brendan wants a pacey wide man. He is apparantly a Liverpool fan which if he came available should put us in the running.

If we made four signings and they were Walcott Allen Borini and Dempsey i wouldnt be too fussed. The way we need to look at it is would we drop any of the back 5 probably not. What about Lucas Gerrard and Suarez Hell no. So there isnt much room in our starting 11 anyway. If Carroll leaves then maybe look for another forward but i hope that doesnt happen. So bolstering our squad with the Allen and Borini would be logical as we dont really want Spearing covering for lucas again.

I dont think many would have to many quarms of us playing a side of

Reina
Johnson                                                Skrtel                                          Agger                       Enrique

Lucas                       Gerrard

Dempsey

Walcott                                                                  Carroll                               Suarez

Leaving players like Allen Borini Downing Henderson Adam all players who would be adequate replacements if we get injury suspenisons ETC

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:51 am

stmichael » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:58 pm wrote:just out of interest, how many of you on here would take walcott if he became available? several rumours that he may leave arsenal.

I'd say no thanks. He has pace but no endproduct. He has this one match a year when he looks really good, but the rest of the time he is just an average joe with pace.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby mart » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:51 am

I'd say no thanks. He has pace but no endproduct. He has this one match a year when he looks really good, but the rest of the time he is just an average joe with pace.
mart
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion