Rafa leaves £96,000 cheque with hfsg

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby leep33 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:02 am

Fantastic gesture and shows what type of man he is, and how much the fans mean to him. He is still a fantastic manager and i can see him doing well with Inter.
leep33

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:43 pm

nobybob wrote:Only 3 pages for something like this says it all for me ,how sad that all the nobhead rafa bashing PPricks havent got the decency to say a few nice words about this. You all know who you are, the people who get all thier opinions from sly sports news or talk sport phone ins.Then come on here posting crrap every five minutes now have nothing to say on this! Rafa opitamized all that was good about liverpool and did nothing but stand up for what was right, the man is pure class and there is no one out there even comes close. But you CCuntts yes i will say it again CCuntts-- ban me i dont care cos i rarley post here anymore as there are just to many negative idiots here. Some may say these people are entiteled to there views , nah not when they have belittled and put down a manager like Rafa. I dont give a toss if you disagree with this sub he made or that formation he started with to many comments on here were out of order. What seperates us from the SSHite down the M62 --honours won ? the stadium ? the players ? the history? not for me . For me it was the fans and the unwavering support shown in times of need. well when rafa needed support when the media campaign started on him you let him walk alone , shame on you and fucck you all maybe your not what i think of as real reds or maybe those people just never existed and we are no better than the mancs who knows , but one thing i am certain off is i will always hold Rafa in the highest regard - pure class

excellent post. agree 100%.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Gary Neville » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:56 pm

great gesture by Rafa, shows he understands the culture of the club
Gary Neville

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:37 pm

dawson99 wrote:Ohh lovely language again... how many ex liverpool have given to the fund? I'd bet 99%, how many publicise it... one recently... that's all I'm saying.

Benitez appeared at the group's offices in Lower Breck Road in the city at around midday, clearly emotional as he hugged members of its committee. Though he had asked for no publicity, the group wanted to let the size of his donation be known last night in the knowledge that fans would want it that way. The meeting lasted around 15 minutes and ended with Benitez asking to be kept in touch with developments in the HFSG's ongoing campaign to establish the truth about the events of 15 April, 1989.
LFC2007

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Dawson you know when he sued NOTW he donated it to a disabled charity and bought them a mini-bus, his wife works in a charity shop in Caldy free will. Plus all sorts of things him and his wife have done, that people dont know about.
He donated 100 grand to The Lily Centre last week, I think your out of order throwing a sly dig that he wanted publicity.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:59 pm

Oh Dawsonio... didn't expect it of you - of all the people on here.. really disappointed !

You know sports people give a lot, because they are in the extraordinary poistion to give so much .. and many many do without publicity. The revelations that Rafa has donated vast amounts, on leaving LFC, were not his, these were made by people, gutted by his departure and humbled by his dedication and committemnt to them and their causes.

It's a sign of the times at LFC, when a manager who has divided so much opinion, is endeared and luved by so many still for his true humaness and affection for the ppl of Liverpool.. he may have left LFC but it and the ppl will never leave him..

Quite basically he GOT IT !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Ciggy wrote:Dawson you know when he sued NOTW he donated it to a disabled charity and bought them a mini-bus, his wife works in a charity shop in Caldy free will. Plus all sorts of things him and his wife have done, that people dont know about.
He donated 100 grand to The Lily Centre last week, I think your out of order throwing a sly dig that he wanted publicity.

Agree with Lyndsey 100% here. He waited until his move was complete and he was about to leave before he donated this money. There was nothing to be gained for him and any publicity came from the HFSG, not Rafa. Far too cynical, just accept it for what it is and if you don't want to read about Rafa surely you wouldn't read Rafa related topics?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Are people blind or just stupid LFC2007 and already posted the quote up further up the page why are people ignoring it?

Though he had asked for no publicity, the group wanted to let the size of his donation be known last night in the knowledge that fans would want it that way

Was talkin to me mum before she said some evertonains where moaning about it, I said some Liverpool fans are on the forum, she said there not Liverpool fans, because Liverpool fans would'nt say such a thing.  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:57 am

I don't care what fans believe about the motives behind what Rafa did and I dare say the HFSG don't give a flying f***either !

That money will be used to support the bereaved in their efforts to cope day by day with their loss and their continued fight for justice.

Some actions are above reproach and to intimate that there may (or may not have been ) ulterior motive is conjecture at best and downright poor taste at worse.

When it came to the sensitive subject of Hillsborough there is little doubt in my mind that Benitez got it and from the very beginning of his reign as manager always gave it the respect it demands................

Lets leave it at that hey ....

Walk on .............
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:40 am

Absolutely Dalglish.

Should also be documented:

Former LFC manager Rafa Benitez donates “significant” amount to Liverpool’s Lily Cen

THE co-founder of Liverpool’s Lily Centre today admitted she was “overwhelmed” after receiving a “significant” donation from Rafa Benitez.

The former Liverpool FC boss, who on Thursday gave £96,000 to the Hillsborough Family Support Group, yesterday helped another charity he holds close to his heart.

Though co-founder Peggy O’Brien would not disclose the amount on the cheque Benitez wrote, she revealed it would go a long way to helping the day-to-day running of The Lily Centre – a breast cancer support group – for a considerable time.

Mrs O’Brien said: “It was an absolutely fantastic gesture and we are all over the moon – it was completely overwhelming.

“We have known Rafa and [his wife] Montse for a long time but we did not expect this at all. You just do not expect people to give you money like that.

“Rafa and Montse have been good to us in the past and they did things that people would not know about, such as when he gave us Fernando Torres’ first Liverpool shirt for a raffle, which raised £4,900.

“But this just came completely out of the blue. We know they are moving on because Rafa has changed jobs, but we will keep in contact with them.”
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SeaofRed » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:41 am

It was a fantastic gesture from a fantastic man who understood what this club is really about.
SeaofRed

Postby laza » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:11 pm

And no one is  putting a gun to your guy's heads to read this threads about Rafa or even reply to them

Yet still you want to continue you little point scoring even in a HFSG donation thread,  yeah real classy

As for forums going to dogs, well far as im concerned that anti-Rafa brigade or respected posters clique whichever takes your fancy. Whose anti Rafa campaign over last three seasons, which was getting to hysterical panto villian stage by end of this season and getting up the noses of more voilate posters on here sent this place to the dogs.

Though Im sure the forum will recover as will the Pool

I also sure just like if I want to start a thread on Bill, Joe,  Bob, Kenny,Graeme, Roy or Ged  I be able to start one on Rafa as well. Last time I looked its a free forum for all fans

Again if you dont to talk about Rafa, dont read or respond.

Oh and that just my opinion which like everyone else's on here is worth about much as a Hicks promise
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:12 pm

This thread will be closed for a short while...some of the posts that have no place in here will be deleted......sadly dawson and 7 kewel seem intent on dragging other arguements in to every possible thread involving Benitez....
Last edited by supersub on Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 pm

LOL..so everytime we mention anything against Rafa or question anything the fuhrer will just lock the thread?

LOL

if u bothered actually reading what I put you'd see the context, not just blindly agree with the screaming eejits
Last edited by dawson99 on Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:59 pm

dawson99 wrote:LOL..so everytime we mention anything against Rafa or question anything the fuhrer will just lock the thread?

LOL

if u bothered actually reading what I put you'd see the context, not just blindly agree with the screaming eejits

wrong thread again......I read what you put and it's typical of the bitter hatred some people had for Benitez on this forum....take it elsewhere and not here
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion