If anything could tug at your heart strings - It is this

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:55 am

December 2009 - Existing Anfield stadium demolished

What a totally horrible, heart breaking thought  :(
I know we have to move with the times, but given the choice I would prefer to stay at the most famous stadium in the world.
So many memories some sad some the best feeling in your life.
My first memory of Anfield was when I was about 6 but I didnt go to watch the football on offer I just went to keep me mum company, I hated it, it stunk of piss I remember rivers of piss flowing down the stairs it stunk it wasnt for little girls, men swearing and such :D

The older members on here will have wonderful stories to tell about Anfield, and I look forward to hearing them.

It will be a sad sad day when our place of worship is demolished.

Post your pictures and memories of Anfield aswell as songs as a tribute.
I know its a long way off but even the thought of it breaks my heart, as I worry that no stadium on earth can ever compete with Anfield.

How it all started when Everton didnt pay the rent and we moved in :D

http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....B2803D5

Bill Shankly, The famous boot  room boys who made us what we are today.
Bob Paisley, Ronnie Moran, Joe Fagan and Reuben Bennett.

The great man who laid the foundations for us to become the most famous club on earth.

The great Bob Paisley who stepped into Shanklys shoes.
This Legend won us 19 trophies.
Alan Hansen on Paisley:"I go by records and Bob Paisley is the No.1 manager ever."

Souness on Paisley:"When you talk of great managers there's one man at the top of the list and that's Bob Paisley."

He sadly passed away on the 12th of February 1996

Joe Fagan the first english manager to win the treble.

Quit after the Heysel disaster, terrible tragic end to his career unfortunatly passed away in 2001 aged 80.

Some of anfields greatest.
http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....2073B41

There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:58 am

i made my feelings clear in the other thread, its a special place and we shouldnt move
112-1077774096

Postby CardinalRed » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:00 am

THIS IS ANFIELD - Let it remain so.....

:cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:16 am

And then tradgedy struck that bleak dark day.

When 96 of our supporters lost their lives, going to watch their beloved reds, never will there be such a sad sad day in footballing history.
Visiting Anfield that week was the most upsetting thing in my whole life it was surreal it is like nothing I can discribe, It made me pruod to be a Liverpool fan and the whole world seemed to have sent tributes, it was sort of like when Lady Di died that was on the scale of it.
I will never ever forget Anfield looking that way my whole life.

The Hillsborough disaster led to the Kops last standing when terraces where to become a thing of the past.

The kop in the 60's belting out Beatles songs.
I wish I would have been alive in this era it must have been superb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7jcB_v5inc

The concert with Gerry Marsden the last of the Kop terrace.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwE4Eu659aA
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigxchris » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:27 am

It will be a sad sad day when Anfield gets consumed by the earth, I remember my first trip there when I was about 10 doing the tour the day before the match and having my pic taken touching the 'This is Anfield' sign with my dad, then being shown the dugout and wanting to spit in the away dugout that I knew the Mancs would sitting in the day after!

The Kop in Full Song

Everytime I hear the Kop burst into song singing YNWA it sends a tingle down my spine, such an atmosphere.
"Holy crip, he's a crapple"
bigxchris

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:44 am

The Kop in particular has made Anfield so famous, for its supporters not like anywhere else on the earth, why because its your working class man on there.
And Liverpool as a city is well known for its passion about the two teams in it.
Whilst I dont like Everton theres not many citys as small as Liverpool that can boast two very successful clubs.

Some of the best games at Anfield have been in derbys, but unfortunalty now a lot of fans think Manure and Chelsea have more meaning just cause Everton are not our football rivals, but they are our bragging rights rivals.

But the best atmosphere I have ever witnessed at Anfield was before kick off against Chelsea in the CL and after the final whistle.
No stadium on the earth can ever ever emulate that night in particular it will go down in Anfield folklore as probably the best there will ever be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....search=
After

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WiXedTE_aE

Liverpool and Celtic fans singing YNWA

The 12th man

We are going to leave all this behind for this.

Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:06 pm

What can i say.In my present battle i have kept on how much Liverpool fc means to me.If i had one wish before i go and have a light ale with sir bob it would be leave Anfield be.Please find a way to increase capacity in the same way manure have done,but please leave it be.Anfield is Anfield and hallowed ground.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:09 pm

i thought they were planning on keeping it as some youth football training area or something???   ???
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:34 pm

It would be worth too much money to keep as a training pitch especially with Melwood.  It will be sold to help finance the new stadium.

As much as I agree with everybody and it is a special place I think its time to move on but the new stadium has to be done with sensitivity and acknowledgement of the past.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:43 pm

thats the clip with stan boardman in is teen standing and singing on the kop, i remember seeing it on some video, you can see him after 54 seconds behind the bloke who looks like fergal sharkey     :D
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:47 pm

peewee wrote:

thats the clip with stan boardman in is teen standing and singing on the kop, i remember seeing it on some video, you can see him after 54 seconds behind the bloke who looks like fergal sharkey     :D

The kop singing the Beatles songs is the best clip, must have been brilliant to be there then.
Unfortunatly this topic didnt go as planned after I typed it all out I got an error with to many pics and it took me feckin ages, oh well :down:  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:48 pm

yeah lynds it was filmed for panorama in the 60s
112-1077774096

Postby redmikey » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:10 pm

it will be hard to let such an historic place go but we need to to carry on the progression of the club.

not sure if any stadium will ever give me that sense of thrill just to see a patch of grass that anfield still delivers.

for me since the kop was seated the magic has been on the decline because you don't experience the unity that was part and parcel with standing, many happy memories but we need to move imo but respect to all that want to keep the place as it is close for me either way
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:22 pm

:( gawd them pics brought tears to me eyes doll. But I have to say havin visited the 'Emirates' stadium Ars.e. Fc to see the Argies play them Brazil nuts .. that is some stadium and I would so luv to see our great club own somthing like that. It's like moving house, great memories and times, good and bad.. but hey we need to compete with the power houses in Europe, that means new home.
Last edited by zarababe on Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kopite-Jud » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:34 pm

Cant We Use Both :( Use The Bigger Stadium For Bigger Games And Smaller One For Smaller Games . I Know This Wont Be Possible Because It Will Cause Confusion But They Cannot Take Our Beloved Anfield
WE LOVE YOU ANFIELD Y.N.W.A
Kopite-Jud

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion