Hand on heart......... - Where will we finish?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:56 pm

I think we will come third.
It appears Chelsea will win it and so far Arsenal look strong, they were unlucky to lose at old trafford when the bossed the game.
United look weak and are by no means certainties for the top four themselves, if only other teams showed more belief when they played them.
City look awful at that back, they have a great squad of players though and their attacking options are vast - but they are still so hit and miss and i think they will come fifth.

So my prediction

Chelsea
Arsenal
Us
United
City
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:58 pm

Heart

Liverpool
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man City

Head

Chelsea
Arsenal
Liverpool
Man Utd
Benny The Noon

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:47 pm

bigmick wrote:Anyway, so far the table is like this.

Chelsea P12 30 Points.
Arsenal  P11 25 Points.
Mancs   P12 25 Points.
Spurs    P12 22 Points.
Villa      P12 21 Points.
Man City P11 20 Points.
Liverpool P11 18 Points.
Sunderland P12 17 Points.

Depends if we assume the worst is over and we will improve, but assuming we come back to something like normal service resumed I work on the below

We should not permanently drop lower in the table, and should stay above Slumberland et al. Citeh are a bit unpredictable, they started off like rockets but haven't showed champions form since with five draws on the bounce.

villa and spudz are two teams normally don't maintain anything like top four consistency and in the case of villa I expect it to stay the same. spudz on the other hand have spent plenty, but for some reason seem obsessed with knackered CBs. You need a solid CB basing for a top four side, perhaps why we are faltering this season.

As for the rest of the 'big four', I think Arsenal will surprise a few this season, the mancs look more vulnerable than usual but only time will tell how vulnerable. They looked poor against the goners, but somehow contrived to win. They looked far from convincing against citeh, but again time added on ended up in points added on. They probably deserved something from their game yesterday, but they've played Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea already and picked up only three (fortuitous) points. They now have those games out of the way, two away from home, but last season their title success was based on games against the rest of the table.

As for Chelsea, they are proving the ones to beat. 4th is realistic for us, 3rd would be optimistic given our start but not inconceivable while a repeat of 2nd would probably take form not shown since 05/06

bigmick wrote: My final positions:

1.Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Mancs
4. Liverpool
5. Man City

Not too far from what I'm thinking, except maybe spudz will push citeh hard. But after finishing 2nd last season, 4th even hand in hand with a trophy will be a massive disappointment. 'Progress' would have been maybe 2nd and a trophy or a league title, even staying 2nd would constitute progress in terms of consistency.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:53 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Given our current form, it doesn't bear thinking about but I suspect we'll stop the rot, go on a bit of a run at some point and safely secure 4th behind Arsenal, Man U and the winners by a whisker, Chelsea.

We're in our worst form for decades and the pretenders are up to four points ahead of us

4th spudz - four points ahead, played one game more
5th villa - three points ahead, played one game more
6th citeh - the men who would be kings are two points ahead having spent as much as most other clubs combined
7th LIVERPOOL

Win tonight and we're one point behind spudz, level with villa but ahead on an already superior GD, and a point ahead of citeh with them then having a game in hand.

IF LIVERPOOL WIN TONIGHT

4th Tottenham P12 PTS 22
5th LIVERPOOL P12 PTS 21
6th A Villa P12 PTS 21
7th Man City P11 PTS 20
8th Sunderland P12 PTS 17
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:10 pm

If all our players stay fit nce they come back we can finish 3rd or even 2nd maybe depending of if Chelsea have a bad run during the ANC.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:19 pm

Sabre wrote:But, what Mascherano money? is he off on January? ???

Rumours I read yesterday suggest he is a target for a £20m bid, nothing particularly new or revelational

Had to chuckle at rumours Rooney might be on a Spanish giant shopping list! Without him they might be fecked
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Owzat wrote:Had to chuckle at rumours Rooney might be on a Spanish giant shopping list! Without him they might be fecked

Can't see that pikey going to Spain, not until he's 35, with a huge beerbelly on him, and a couple of neanderthal kids in tow, all of 'em spending their days in a greasy English cafe somehere in a tacky beach resort....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Owzat » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:28 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:
Owzat wrote:Had to chuckle at rumours Rooney might be on a Spanish giant shopping list! Without him they might be fecked

Can't see that pikey going to Spain, not until he's 35, with a huge beerbelly on him, and a couple of neanderthal kids in tow, all of 'em spending their days in a greasy English cafe somehere in a tacky beach resort....

They only need to sow the idea of living in Espana to his missus and he might not have much say in the matter. I'm sure most people with some kind of sanity history in their family would prefer Madrid or Barcelona to manchester
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:55 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Owzat wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:

They only need to sow the idea of living in Espana to his missus and he might not have much say in the matter. I'm sure most people with some kind of sanity history in their family would prefer Madrid or Barcelona to manchester

Then again, when he finds out that sprog isn't his after all, he might just decide to feck off after all    :D  :D
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:52 pm

Well, this football blog seems to think a top four in the Premier League and either the FA or Europa Cup is  about all thats within our grasp. I tend to agree - Utd won't stay in such form all season, Chelsea don't seem to be faltering much and Arsenal are banging them in against the smaller teams.

Where the big difference seems to be between us and Utd/Arsenal is in bringing youth players through to first team level. Whilst Chelsea and Citeh have the cash not to worry about this - we don't. Until thats sorted...
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby spion » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:54 pm

seventh.
spion

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:56 pm

spion wrote:seventh.

:laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby songxiaoz » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:06 pm

yeah we can win whatever
en win! :)
songxiaoz

Postby tonyeh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:41 pm

Ummm....is it too late to change my answer Mick? :)
tonyeh

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion