Carragher - For the heart

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:00 pm

I just saw a previous message and was interested in what people thought about J. Carragher playing in the centre of defence alongside Sami - he played there before Henchoz and Hyypia came and played very well. - he also played there last season when henchoz got sent off and andy gray says he should be 1st choice replacement if any other the other 2 were injured. play finnan and riise at the full back slots for god sake. i don't want our defence having to rely on biscan and traore.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:07 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Traore in there at the moment. He's looked a better player this season. He isnt that bad i don't think. I'd rather him than Biscan who for a start is a midfielder....

Personally though i'd like to see that defence givin a go. While i don't think Jamie is particularly quick, he is good at recovering ground with acceleration and tackling. You never know he might be the answer. Would be nice to see that back 4 for a few games.
115-1073096938

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:11 pm

i'm missing something about traore. the guy makes me nervous whenever he has the ball at his feet. he just doesn't seem to have any balance either. mind you i suppose he's good at blocking and getting last ditch tackles in. someone earlier mentioned getting babbel back but he's past it now imo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:28 pm

Traore isn't that bad. His touch and distribution need working on, his decisions are either superb or poor, he's got one or two things in his game which are dodgy but i genuinely think he could be a really good centre half given the right team and partner.

He'd probably do ok for us now as we play a higher line and this is more to his strength than playing deep like last season.
115-1073096938

Postby Owzat » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:16 pm

I'm for giving Traore a chance at centre-back. There is no way he'll make a good full-back as per the comments already made
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:18 pm

Troare is not a full back, thats for sure.

He's better at centre back but I havn't forgiven him yet for his awful display against Celtic at Anfield last season.

His foul on Hartson leading to Alan Thompson's goal was stupid in the extreme.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:26 pm

"clumsy" is the word i'd use to describe him. he just doesn't instill you with confidence. u remember against charlton last season when he brought the ball out, turned to pass back to dudek, slipped on his a#se, and bartlett disposessed him and scored?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion