If anything could tug at your heart strings - It is this

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:05 am

Ciggy wrote:You are like a stalker with him though, when ever he post you make sure you get your digs in.
Which is pretty pathetic in my eyes.
And finally I never reply to your posts as you dont say anything  that interests me TBH.

That seems hard to believe considering he has posted over 10,000 posts and I am still to break 1000 even though I have been here longer. I just wait until he says something stupid.

You say nothing I say interests you. That is funny considering I am always positive about the team and players (except Kewell and Cisse who I consider not players that play for the team but themselves). Other than that it is always Raffa knows best and give the lad a chance to come good. I was saying before Istanbul that we would beat Juventus and Chelsea and we did. I said we will win the cup and we did (you said you were worried we would lose if I remember correctly). Even an idiot is right sometimes (something to do with the law of averages) so it shows what I said, it is not a balanced opinion that you offer.

By the way, you do not know what goes on behind the scene. Maybe there is a reason I say what I say to him. I remember once you were having a "thing" with another member (cannot remember the name). I said "get a room it is embarrassing" and you jumped down my neck. It then became apparent to me that he was sending you threatening and abusive PMs. Once I found out I actually appologised (obviously I had unknowingly walked into something). I wonder if you would have the same good grace to do the same if the roles were reversed. As I said, you only know the half of it.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:36 am

The idea of leaving the current stadium is quite sad because it's probably one of the best stadiums in the world as it's steeped in history and tradition. In this day in age when football is all about money and gaining a profit. So in order to compete with the other major clubs in this country we need to move to a bigger stadium that will have the capicity to expand for the future. I haven't got much of a problem with the board wanting to build a new stadium, it will mean more home fans and will allow more season ticket holders. It will no doubt help the local community out and it will generate more money for the club so Rafa and other managers after him can add more history and tradition to the club.
48-1119859832

Postby azriahmad » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:36 pm

Arsenal's 60,000 Emitates Stadium compared to manure's 75,000 Old Trafford holds less capacity (duh, so obvious) but Arsenal being in London and also the snobs that they are, charge the highest admission prices of all clubs in Europe. That being the case, they can rake in as much as or more than Manure for every home matchday (provided of course their fans turn up).

That's the simple logic behind Liverpool's executives wanting to expand capacity. I do understand the local fans' sentiments against moving away from Anfield, but given the scenario that expansion is possible, albeit limited to some 10,000 capacity increase only, but will come at a hefty cost due to complexities in engineering to cater for the existing structure and the fact that we have almost no room to ease the construction work.

Anfield is a very special place, and is very dear to all of us, even faraway fans like myself, but perhaps we may just need to move with the times if we want to keep competing off the field, a necessity in these days, as well as on field with the big and rich clubs in Europe.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby robbo1982 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:13 pm

look i dont want to move but we needto prgress and if thats the way we do it then so be it all the pics at the start of the thread were great yes some good times but only the main stand is over 20 years old anfield has changed its probably at bursting point now so its stay or go i say go but ith great sadness and a lot of memories , but we will just have to make new memories in the new place as long as its not just a bowl like wot it looks to be why not make a new kop end straight on the end so its ushaped withone end straght:blues:
Robbo1882
robbo1982

Postby zarababe » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:48 pm

LFCFan4Life wrote:
zarababe wrote::( gawd them pics brought tears to me eyes doll. But I have to say havin visited the 'Emirates' stadium Ars.e. Fc to see the Argies play them Brazil nuts .. that is some stadium and I would so luv to see our great club own somthing like that. It's like moving house, great memories and times, good and bad.. but hey we need to compete with the power houses in Europe, that means new home.

While the Emirates stadium was built very well, it looks like a shell imo. And those who went to the game recently at the Emirates stadium said that the atmosphere was :censored:.

The Emirates Stadium isn't the type of stadium that will have an atmosphere that other teams will fear.

So no, I don't want our new stadium to look anything remotely like Emirates stadium.

Liverpool fans can make any gaff sound fantastic. Look at how bad the Aturturk (sp) stadium was in Istanbul, yet can anyone beat the atmosphere that was there; one fine night in May?

Stadia atmosphere largely depends on the crowd. The atmosphere will come at the Emirates too. To be honest many of us were taken a-back:

1) by how incredible the sadium was;
2) the sight of some of the best players in the world and
3) the width of Tevez's kneck  :D

Anfield is enshrined in our history.. that won't change but everything outlives it's usefulness at some time !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:50 pm

If only we could expand anfield.

but unless we can compete with Man utd and now Arsenal for match day income from gate recipts and season tickets we will fall behiend financially.

Its such a shame but its going to happen at some point.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:49 pm

zarababe wrote:
LFCFan4Life wrote:
zarababe wrote::( gawd them pics brought tears to me eyes doll. But I have to say havin visited the 'Emirates' stadium Ars.e. Fc to see the Argies play them Brazil nuts .. that is some stadium and I would so luv to see our great club own somthing like that. It's like moving house, great memories and times, good and bad.. but hey we need to compete with the power houses in Europe, that means new home.

While the Emirates stadium was built very well, it looks like a shell imo. And those who went to the game recently at the Emirates stadium said that the atmosphere was :censored:.

The Emirates Stadium isn't the type of stadium that will have an atmosphere that other teams will fear.

So no, I don't want our new stadium to look anything remotely like Emirates stadium.

Liverpool fans can make any gaff sound fantastic. Look at how bad the Aturturk (sp) stadium was in Istanbul, yet can anyone beat the atmosphere that was there; one fine night in May?

Stadia atmosphere largely depends on the crowd. The atmosphere will come at the Emirates too. To be honest many of us were taken a-back:

1) by how incredible the sadium was;
2) the sight of some of the best players in the world and
3) the width of Tevez's kneck  :D

Anfield is enshrined in our history.. that won't change but everything outlives it's usefulness at some time !

Gee AB, the way it sounds to me those that you "know" that went to the match liked the place. So I guess your exibit A and B should be filed with your other sh1t, in the rubbish bin.

You always talk like you know everything. Delusions of grandeur. It is a rare thing for a little boy to know everything. Well you are "special".
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:51 pm

kazza wrote:Gee AB, the way it sounds to me those that you "know" that went to the match liked the place. So I guess your exibit A and B should be filed with your other sh1t, in the rubbish bin.

You always talk like you know everything. Delusions of grandeur. It is a rare thing for a little boy to know everything. Well you are "special".

Why dont you just fuck off you useless boring kunt.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:02 pm

Ciggy wrote:Why dont you just fuck off you useless boring kunt.

Obviously I made a mistake in asking you to help teach AB manners, maybe you are not the best role model for a kid. You must have been raised in the same sort of place.

Birds of a feather flock together.  :laugh:
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:03 pm

Ciggy wrote:
kazza wrote:Gee AB, the way it sounds to me those that you "know" that went to the match liked the place. So I guess your exibit A and B should be filed with your other sh1t, in the rubbish bin.

Why dont you just fuck off you useless boring kunt.

Practise what you preach Ciggy, and use the pm button for your squabbles.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:04 pm

kazza wrote:You must have been raised in the same sort of place.

fu.ckin gonk
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:06 pm

Ciggy wrote:
kazza wrote:You must have been raised in the same sort of place.

Fuck off wool

And before anyone gets personal I only mean this to this fu.ckin gonk

:)  I'll just smile and pretend I understood what you just said.

PMSing are we luv?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:48 pm

kazza wrote::)  I'll just smile and pretend I understood what you just said.

Egg sack ly
Just p.iss off your borin the t1ts out of me.
Last edited by Ciggy on Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kuyt » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:04 am

It will be a sad sad day when our place of worship is demolished.

CIGGY. I would hardly call it a place of worship! I mean, you are not a Muslim etc?

I have never thought Anfield has ever been the same, since the old Kop was demolished in 1994. The new Kop is Just a "stand" to me.

I think the new ground allows a new capacity, more commercial opportunity etc etc. But what worries me most about the new design having seen the drawings, is that thwere seems to be no new "kop". It looks like a "bowl". I dont think this is good, considering the history of LFC and the Kop.

I think there is no option but to move, the structure of anfield currently does not allow the ground to be extended any further, plus Man Utd gettting 30,000 more fans than us per game is not good for revenue, and thus future signings and business.

Remember, the current climate is not run by sentiment, but Money. thats all.

When the new gound emerges is a different question.

Arsenal have just moved into a nice 390m stadium.

Wheres ours, for only 150m ???? ???? ??????

You have to question Rick PArrys ability to raise the cash.
Kuyt

Postby LFCFan4Life » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:25 am

Arsenal have just moved into a nice 390m stadium.

Arsenal had problems funding their stadium. It wasn't until the last minute before their deadline that they decided to sell the name rights of their stadium to Fly Emirates. That's how they were able to fully fund that stadium.

Plus, the ground that Highburry is on will be sold for other uses and that will also give them quite a lot of money.

You have to question Rick PArrys ability to raise the cash.

It's easy to blame everything on Rick Parry, it's Moores that you should be questioning.
You'll Never Walk Alone drummerphil
LFCFan4Life
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion