Hand on heart......... - Where will we finish?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby boodiddy1 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:41 am

Now i've calmed down from the last few weeks and stepped back. If we can get through this horrendous injury crisis then i think we can steal second. I look at the rest and only chelsea and arsenal are looking long term. United are stuttering, spurs always have bad runs, and citeh dont look convincing.

If we get some cover for fernando for second part of season then i think third or fourth are nailed on. But, at a push like  i said second is possible. First place? All depends on injuries and form of the others more than us having a good run. Its chelseas already to lose at this stage. Aresenal always struggle in the winter.
boodiddy1

Postby Emerald Red » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:20 am

The_Rock wrote:Yeah....this is how low my expectation has gotten....is there any difference between houllier dark old ages (his last 2 seasons) and now ?

Aye. Houllier didn't have a gluttony of 12 quality and world class first team players injured. Enough said.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tonyeh » Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:52 am

If we win every game from now on, then we're laughing. Assuming everyone above Liverpool at the moment doesn't do the same.

Realistically though, I haven't seen anything from the team that suggests that a serious turn-around is on the cards.

My heart says that Liverpool will be back in it's usual position, 3rd or 4th. But my head says that in all likelyhood, it'll probably be 5th or 6th.

With the season in a shambles (at this point anyway), the focus has to be 4th spot and a serious effort in the FA Cup.
tonyeh

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:35 am

apparantly rafa had an out of body experience, and when he was infront of god. God said come forth rafa, to which rafa replied, 4th, we'll be lucky to finish 6th you b@stard

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dazzer » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:38 am

I Think some fans need to go back to doctors and get a stronger medication because to think we can win it from here I is just insane.If i knew 100% that Torres , Gerrard , Johnson , Aquaman , Benny was fit till end of season I might just might say we could grab 2nd from here. :(
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:47 am

Hand on heart = TOP ,no worries and you can quote me on that .

Hand on heart with brain engaged = 4th hopefully with some investement in jan  :laugh: I know i know , but with the mascherano money rafa might get some of it to buy a cheap player or two.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:05 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Hand on heart = TOP ,no worries and you can quote me on that .

Hand on heart with brain engaged = 4th hopefully with some investement in jan  :laugh: I know i know , but with the mascherano money rafa might get some of it to buy a cheap player or two.

Good answer mate.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:21 am

Igor Zidane wrote:Hand on heart = TOP ,no worries and you can quote me on that .

+1

But, what Mascherano money? is he off on January? ???

My optimism needs quite simply a thing: that the one that have important injuries are the Voronins and Babels, not the Torres and Gerrards. That's what I need to recover the optimism.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 am

bigmick wrote:

Good answer mate.

My sabatical didn't last long lash did it  :D

Anyway , were out of the title race for now , i still think there's some twists and turns to come so we'll see on that score .
All we can do now is secure our place in the top four and hope that we get some dosh from somewhere to invest in quality players . I think like saint ,that we will not see a lot of gerrard and torres this side of chrimbo . So we're going to have to relly on the rest to get us out of the shabite for now. Well aquilani is getting fitter so there's a bonus and johnson and aurelio are available again i think . Get tonighs game out of the way with a win and things will hopefully look better regarding the playing staff after the internantional break. Atleast gerrard and torres will have a chance to get some sort of rest and hopefully healed ,again i reckon there both going to need surgery so i'm not to hopefull for them to .

What we really need is the rest of the players to show some bollox and show that they do have quality and rafa shouldn't sell them in January.
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby loopyliverpool » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:03 am

Fourth... but who knows anything can happen. Our main rivals are all capable of going on a bad run and we could have a great run that takes us right back in it.
loopyliverpool

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:13 am

fourth for me. the biggest threat are man city and it's indicative of how poor we've been that we're still behind them despite the fact that they've drawn five league games in a row.

fwiw i don't think united will finish in the top 2 either. i think arsenal will finish second and chelsea will win it at a canter in the end. that game yesterday was ominous in that it's probably as poor as they've played all season and yet they still won and kept a clean sheet.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:54 am

Oh ye of little faith!
Skanks and chelsea will lose more games
We will get stronger!!

As I said before and during the season:

Chelsea
Liverpool
Skanks
Arsenal
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:05 pm

Given our current form, it doesn't bear thinking about but I suspect we'll stop the rot, go on a bit of a run at some point and safely secure 4th behind Arsenal, Man U and the winners by a whisker, Chelsea.
Last edited by Bad Bob on Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:10 pm

it also makes me laugh how all the press are w@nking themselves silly over arsenal again. it's a carbon copy of two years ago when they were brilliant before christmas but then faultered in the run in. arsenal will hammer all the cannon fodder in this league but it wouldn't surprise me if chelsea overpowere them in a few weeks.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Sir Roger » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:33 pm

The skanks have now lost 3 games in the league. Burnley, LFC and chelsea.
Purple nose has surpassed himself with his fuming at the referees. This is because he needs to. He is trying to influence games because he knows he has lost his best players and the current ones are beatable. Therefore he has to rant and rave when his team is found out. It is his mind games and distraction approach.
We have lost 5. The question is, when does their situation become a crisis...?
Sir Roger
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion