Hand on heart......... - Where will we finish?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby loopyliverpool » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:37 am

Spurs announced £30m profits today and Citeh have unlimited funds... basically they can go and shop come January where as we can't. With the injuries piling up and the results not happening I think we will seriously struggle to get fourth.
loopyliverpool

Postby Scottbot » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:49 am

bigmick wrote:I still fancy us to get fourth. A crucial factor which hasn't come into play yet is none of our rivals for the slot have actually smelt it yet. Once the press start talking about Spurs for example being fourth, how much it'll mean financially to get into the Champions League, which players they can potentially sign if they get in and all that old b0ll0cks, they'll sh!t themselves.Suddenly Wolves at Home with nine matches to go doesn't seem quite so easy. Add in that by then Wolves are in a relegation dogfight, the crowd are chomping away their fingernails like it's a kebab on a Friday night and every game is a potential banana skin which has been dipped in very slippery stuff before it was thrown in their path.

Allied to that, I firmly believe that by then we'll be going like a bomb and there'll be Citeh and Villa nibbling away too. The race for fourth is going to be really tight IMHO, and it'll take a mighty effort for one of the teams unaccustomed to the dogfight to get in there.

I still take us to get it, just, from Citeh.

I'm not so confident mate, in previous seasons maybe but this year. It's gonna take me a week or two to get round the idea that not only are we not gonna win the title, we're not even gonna be in the mix. Throw in the champions league balls-ups (which is usually our saving grace in seasons past when things have not gone good in the league) and I worry the players will feel they have nothing to play for. I know motivation should never be in question for top professionals but to go from nearly winning the league and a champions league quarter final to scrambing for 4th and the UEFA-Toto Cup has got to be demoralising.

I know it's demoralised me, I wasn't even angry last night, I've almost come to expect it now. I kinda wish the season would just end now.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:23 pm

it gives me hope because the league this season is as poor as it's ever been imo. by that i mean that there isn't really an outstanding team apart from maybe chelsea. it wouldn't surprise me if the league winners lost 5 or 6 games this season. spurs won't last the course imo, villa are screwed if they get any injuries, man city have drawn 5 in a row and are hardly pulling down any trees.

the man city game is huge now though, especially as we've got the derby after that aswell.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:54 pm

i think we'll scrape 4th, but we seriously need to get our act together soon. Cant beleive how many people beleive we will finish above Man utd, i mean where is the evidence to back this up? there quite avereage these days but there doing a lot better than we are. I mean last night i wasn't even suprised when we went 2-1 down, its just typical of our season so far, everything that can go wrong is going wrong, everybodys injured, every average striker in the league is having there best game ever against us! whats next?

the whole team and staff need to sort this mess out, because to be quite frank Liverpool fc as a club is a laughing stock from top to bottom at the moment  :(
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:07 pm

Where will we finish.. Top 4 ... depending on how Arsenal and ManUtd go about their business from here on in, we can finish anywhere from 2nd to 4th... Cant wait to have Aquilani fit and playing alongside Gerrard and Torres and Riera.... quite the starting 11 we got when everyone is fit, shame we havent had the chance of getting them all out there so far...

Lucas and Babel and Kuyt ans sht of that sort will get us a midtable finish and its about time people realized that.... major changes in January or the summer regardless of who the manager is...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion