The stadium

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 pm

dundreamin » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:39 am wrote:Now this is VERY good news if true. Why knock down one of the iconic grounds in the world and apart from that my dads ashes are scattered where the old kop stood  and there they will remain without me worrying they would build a fooking Asda on top of them

sorry to hear about your dad mate and thats one of the reasons why i was so against leaving anfield, it`s not just a ground it`s a church.
bill shanklys ashes were spread at the kop end too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:20 am

if they can redevelop Anfield to accomodate at least 60,000 then im all for it, but if they cant make it that size then theres no point
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:13 am

Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:31 pm wrote:I hope they tell the people living in the houses when they plan to knock them down.

[knock knock]

resident: ey ey whatsup lar?

builder: 5 minutes and we're going to knock your house down, get your sh!t together, here's a four pack and a few quid...   do one.

resident: ey ey thank foook for that, we're fooked off with replacing the window everytime Carra makes a clearance.

If only it were so easy........

BTW folks seem to ignore the point thats held us back expanding Anfield for 20 years - the planners wont let them because the local infrastructure (in/out roads, stations, car parks etc..) aren't suitable - hence the need to move to SP. If we stay at Anfield then its a compromised comprise of a comprise solution. And I don't like that.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:21 am

Reg » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:13 am wrote:
Roger Red Hat » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:31 pm wrote:I hope they tell the people living in the houses when they plan to knock them down.

[knock knock]

resident: ey ey whatsup lar?

builder: 5 minutes and we're going to knock your house down, get your sh!t together, here's a four pack and a few quid...   do one.

resident: ey ey thank foook for that, we're fooked off with replacing the window everytime Carra makes a clearance.

If only it were so easy........

BTW folks seem to ignore the point thats held us back expanding Anfield for 20 years - the planners wont let them because the local infrastructure (in/out roads, stations, car parks etc..) aren't suitable - hence the need to move to SP. If we stay at Anfield then its a compromised comprise of a comprise solution. And I don't like that.

Stanley park that is beside our ground already ?

How is access much different mate ?
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:03 pm

what gets me that over the years there have been plans on how to make stadium into a 90,000 one and we would only need to knock down one row of homes and that was in 1995.

lets face it we can pay 15mil for one player so why we did not buy the homes of years ago. i know we now own a lot of the homes around the streets now and i am sure someone could come up with a new plan.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:08 pm

lakes10 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 am wrote:what gets me that over the years there have been plans on how to make stadium into a 90,000 one and we would only need to knock down one row of homes and that was in 1995.

lets face it we can pay 15mil for one player so why we did not buy the homes of years ago. i know we now own a lot of the homes around the streets now and i am sure someone could come up with a new plan.

Liverpool council can CPO them if they wanted to.
They did it in Edge Lane
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:08 am wrote:
lakes10 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:03 am wrote:what gets me that over the years there have been plans on how to make stadium into a 90,000 one and we would only need to knock down one row of homes and that was in 1995.

They did it in Edge Lane

Exactly. Any CPO will only be for those who either don't see a generous cash offer as enough to move or are bluenoses. Either way they'll be making way for an extension.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Thommo's perm » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:08 am wrote:

They did it in Edge Lane

not only edge lane mate they`ve used them all over the city including everton and anfield as well, i`m against CPO`s but the council used them to knock down hundreds and hundreds of houses behind the spion kop. that area between walton breck road (the road that the kop backs onto) and robson street is now flattened, it used to be full of streets (herschell street, granton road, hartnup street etc) and boozers but now they are all gone. never mind hundreds there must have been thousands of houses in that area.
as i said i`m against CPO`s but it seems odd to issue them and flatten thousands of houses very near the ground but not to issue them to the ones next to the ground.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby D___C » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Would love us to stay at Anfield (especially if we could get it up to 60,000)

The soulless parry bowl looks dreadful. Nothing worse than the generic bowl. No identity. Arsenal may have state of the art facilities but i would hate to have their stadium. Wembley is another god awful stadium.
D___C

Postby ste1977 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:27 pm

difficult to jusdge this one without seeing the full plans and finances. Like the idea of expanding anfield though
ste1977
LFC Basic Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:39 pm

D___C » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 pm wrote:Would love us to stay at Anfield (especially if we could get it up to 60,000)

The soulless parry bowl looks dreadful. Nothing worse than the generic bowl. No identity. Arsenal may have state of the art facilities but i would hate to have their stadium. Wembley is another god awful stadium.

Visit those stadiums regulary ?
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm

Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm wrote:
D___C » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:25 pm wrote:Would love us to stay at Anfield (especially if we could get it up to 60,000)

D_C is right, they have absolutely no character about them whatsoever.
built for whoppers to spend their money in
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:42 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm wrote:

D_C is right, they have absolutely no character about them whatsoever.
built for whoppers to spend their money in

It's that money we need unfortunately

The fans make the atmosphere - they certainly did in Wemberlee when we were there this season
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 pm

[quote="Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 pm

if they redevelop anfield to 60,000 that`ll be good enough
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:46 pm wrote:[quote="Benny The Noon » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 pm

if they redevelop anfield to 60,000 that`ll be good enough

Depends what corporate facilities are built in - that's where the money is

We also need the owners to stump up the cash - I can't see it happening for a couple more years yet
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion