New stadium - Big enough?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby spud » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:36 pm

My understanding is that the new stadium cannot be expanded and is fixed at 61,000.

Apparently, to add another 10,000 to a total of 71,000 moves the budget significantly from c£70M to c£120M and this would mean no funds for the team.

They are trying to work to a tight budget.

Apparently Steve Morgan is highly critical of the quality of the new stadium and reckons that the level of build is much less than Arsenals new ground.

Now, I know he's a builder but some of these new grounds do look mechano sets.

Despite this, I think its the right thing to do and think the graphics look good.

As with all things, it's down to money!
spud

Postby 72-1090627431 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:27 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Paul C wrote:I'm not saying we have to compete with the scum but they are looking to expand Old Trafford to about 75,000, surely we could fill 70,000 :;):

I was thinkin we could share with Everton but their sell out crowds are about 20,000, we could sell Anfield back to them  :p

to be fair to the blue noses, despite the fact they are ******, they do have a good following, and sell out most weeks.

I personally would prefer to see a new stadium full of 60K fans than a new one half empty looking with a 75K capacity.

The week day games are a big problem cus most of the wools and stuff wont travel for night games thru the week, even if they are season ticket holders. There is a woll by our Kid in the Kop, and he gives our kid his ticket on a Saturday if there is a week day game, cus he simply wont travel.

Weekday games will always be the same for most clubs who attract support from outside the city limits, and we have plenty of them.

I understand it will be extendable, so why not do the 60K, and when we play better and all the glory hunters come back out, we can thrtow another 10K seats in there.

I dont think it will be a problem filling a sixty thousand stadium, as what will prob happen is the same as what happened at man city when they moved to the city of manchester stadium. All the people who were on the waiting list for season tickets, got one.

Theres approx 15-20 thousand people on the season ticket waiting list, a good few years of waiting. 70/75 k is too much.
Man United will fill there ground, casue they are a title chasing team right now.

A lot depends on results on the pitch, for popularity/ ticket sales. Some games last season, portsmouth etc, there were 5,000 empty seats easy.

But with the congestion of champions league games, and que waits of 3 hours for tickets, the selling arrangements need to be sorted out! I waited 3.5 hours for a Gratz home ticket! and there were still empty seats!!

the longer they have to sell the tickets, and the more successful the team, the ground will be full every game.
when u have the success Utd have had for the past 10 years, comes with it is an "enigma" element, and tickets sell out fast. everyone wants to see.
72-1090627431

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:16 am

I wonder how the new stadium will effect ticket price's.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:03 am

it would be nice to have a sliding roof as well
112-1077774096

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion