The stadium - What next

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stanley park » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:03 pm

will the new ground ever be built.some experts are now saying the delay's are costing the club more tha £750,000 to £1 million a month. the  N.W.D.A. are refusing to release the grant the club need.the spirarring construction cost's are running out of control as the months go by.the anfield and breckfield area's two of the most deprived in liverpool are in a state of total decay,the rows and rows of boarded up houses street after street,and boarded up shops are a disgrace.when on the way to the match and you look at the anfield area,it makes you wonder what the visiting supporters think of the city.god only knows whats going to happen next,the silence form the club as been deafening.the team seams to be suffering from lack of investment because the money looks to have been earmarked for the new stadium.the whole thing is a complete mess,and some serious questions have to be asked and answered.decisions have to be made.not only for the club,but also for the communitys involved.
stanley park

Postby welsh wizzard » Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:42 pm

I would have left it until we found suitable investers. At the moment all the money should be pumped into making this a formidable team again. Get it sorted on the pitch then once that is done build a new super ground with some investment.
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kaz the kopite » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:57 pm

how the hell can :censored: aston villa get interested buyers/investors  and we cant?

we are the 5 times champs of europe,for gods sake hear me money men,please!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock
I am the one and only!
kaz the kopite

Postby Paul C » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:10 pm

kaz the kopite wrote:how the hell can :censored: aston villa get interested buyers/investors  and we cant?

we are the 5 times champs of europe,for gods sake hear me money men,please!

:buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock

Thats cos it would cost a lot of money to buy LFC where clubs like Villa it would cost fu.ck to buy   :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:15 pm

Where do we stand right now with the stadium? i read the kop mag a few months ago and rick parry was quoted as saying that plans would start getting the green light soon but nothing.

I honestly thought with the city of culture b@llocks that the goverment might push though the plans after the nightmare we have had with planning permission.

the stadium is an issue that can make or break this club because if we stay at anfield we will drop away , admittedly slowly but with out the kind of money the bigger capcity would bring we cannot hope to compete for the best players in the future.

if the money men don't balance the stadium and the current need for investment the fall could be quicker.

i am by no means a doom monger and love the atmosfere at anfield (well on a good european night anyway) and unstand people say when they think it is a spritual home and all that but the player wouldn't give two feck and as long as the eternal flame and the memorial to the 96 is done in the correct fashion i think the fans will adapt quicker than people think.

Remember when the kop came down, that season everyone sang "you can stick your fecking seats up your as.re" but we all came the year after and sat down(which is shhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...tttttttttt) imo

whats the latest and what do you think will happen ???
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Rastalovich » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:29 pm

What is the thinking anywho ? They wanting 10-15,000 more fans in ?

Go upwards ? Take all the away fans out for a year, ala the mancs, and do something that way... I dunno.

I`d rather 45-48,000 fans and stay at Anfield. By that`s centimental maybe.
Bill Shankly: (About the This-is-Anfield plaque)
"This is to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."
Rastalovich

Postby red37 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:51 pm

New Anfield is back on track after £10m grant Feb 14 2006

in the echo...

By Nick Coligan, Liverpool Echo

A MAJOR breakthrough in Liverpool FC's plans for a new stadium is revealed today.

Government officials have privately agreed to pump around £10m into the regeneration of the area around the club's planned £150m ground at Stanley Park, the ECHO has learned.

It means the Reds' stadium project is still on track after months of uncertainty.

A spokeswoman for the Northwest Development Agency, which holds the purse strings, today said no formal decision had been made.

The news of the cash boost comes a day after the ECHO revealed that property giant Peel Holdings has offered to build Everton FC a new stadium at Switch Island.

Last summer, Liverpool was told by the Northwest Development Agency it could not have £23m of taxpayers' money because £9m would be spent purely on club facilities.

Instead, the council was asked to come up with proposals to use government cash for the regeneration of the deprived Anfield and Breckfield areas.

The ECHO today learned that the council's bid has been successful, and that a grant of just under £10m is set to be rubber-stamped.

A source close to discussions said: "The agency has privately agreed to fund a sum just under £10m.

"It will not be used for the stadium itself - it will be for the regeneration of Anfield and Breckfield."

The NWDA told Liverpool last June that it cannot use public money to pay for the construction costs of the planned 60,000-seater ground.

Around £9m of the money was due to be spent on the stadium roof, soundproof wall cladding and an underground car park.

But agency officials were not opposed to Liverpool's plans for a new ground, even though they would have preferred the club to share a home with neighbours Everton.

They recognised the positive spin-offs for a new stadium for the Anfield area, including a job-creating plaza on the site of the current ground.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:42 pm

red37 wrote:New Anfield is back on track after £10m grant Feb 14 2006

in the echo...

A MAJOR breakthrough in Liverpool FC's plans for a new stadium is revealed today.

Government officials have privately agreed to pump around £10m into the regeneration of the area around the club's planned £150m ground at Stanley Park, the ECHO has learned.

It means the Reds' stadium project is still on track after months of uncertainty.

A spokeswoman for the Northwest Development Agency, which holds the purse strings, today said no formal decision had been made.

The news of the cash boost comes a day after the ECHO revealed that property giant Peel Holdings has offered to build Everton FC a new stadium at Switch Island.

Last summer, Liverpool was told by the Northwest Development Agency it could not have £23m of taxpayers' money because £9m would be spent purely on club facilities.

Instead, the council was asked to come up with proposals to use government cash for the regeneration of the deprived Anfield and Breckfield areas.

The ECHO today learned that the council's bid has been successful, and that a grant of just under £10m is set to be rubber-stamped.

A source close to discussions said: "The agency has privately agreed to fund a sum just under £10m.

"It will not be used for the stadium itself - it will be for the regeneration of Anfield and Breckfield."

The NWDA told Liverpool last June that it cannot use public money to pay for the construction costs of the planned 60,000-seater ground.

Around £9m of the money was due to be spent on the stadium roof, soundproof wall cladding and an underground car park.

But agency officials were not opposed to Liverpool's plans for a new ground, even though they would have preferred the club to share a home with neighbours Everton.

They recognised the positive spin-offs for a new stadium for the Anfield area, including a job-creating plaza on the site of the current ground.

Hope this is gonna be the final obstacle cleared for the new stadium 'cos it's been dragging on way too long now - it must getting close to being 4 years since the club first announced the plans for the new stadium and not an ounce of earth has been moved.

Having seen how long the club has taken over getting this project off the ground it makes you think that they are struggling for money to finance the project and IMO the time has come for them to realistically look into naming rights for the ground. I know people are against this and I was one of them but seeing how we've struggled in the transfer market for cash recently I think the time is right to boost our income with more sponsorship deals. I ask you how much difference would it make going to say 'THE CARLSBERG STADIUM' or 'THE ADIDAS ARENA' than to Anfield; the only difference is going to be what it says on your ticket or when it's listed in the fixtures, we as fans could still know it as Anfield 'cos in all honesty it's not going to be the same stadium with all of the history as the current one so why not a fresh beginning? 

RIGHT I'LL CLIMB DOWN OFF OF ME SOAPBOX AND SEE WHAT KIND OF RESPONSE THIS GETS.   :p  :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:04 pm

ill be sorry to see anfield (warts and all) go....progress has to steamroller its way forward in the end though. and no doubt liverpool fc will as well.

id like to hope the new stadium is fit to hold the soul of our great club. sadly im not confident, if most of the newer stadia in this country are anything to go by....millenium/westphalen/allianz among others scattered across europe are the standard now and it'd be very interesting to see if rafa has any input into its design  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:29 pm

i dunno, u seen the staidium in germany, the one that turns blue or red depending on who is playing there?
and man city have embraced there new stadium. i know anfield is different but to me it is like a pub, its the people that u go with not the place u go. we have got the best fans in the world, and we'd show it wherever we played
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kiwi-Kopite » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:30 pm

That alianz arena in Munich is Beutiful! i would be happy with a replica in mercyside :P Maybe with "We hate everton sprayed accross the edged"
Kiwi-Kopite

Postby redmikey » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:42 pm

red37 wrote:New Anfield is back on track after £10m grant Feb 14 2006

in the echo...

nice one mate.

good to see people posting things about the club and latest insider news.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby ynwa » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:15 pm

be hind the main there is a street which is empty the house are boarded up so why not knock them down and rebuild the main stand and fu ck sake the main stand is old
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite_1232002 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:45 pm

Rastalovich wrote:What is the thinking anywho ? They wanting 10-15,000 more fans in ?

Go upwards ? Take all the away fans out for a year, ala the mancs, and do something that way... I dunno.

I`d rather 45-48,000 fans and stay at Anfield. By that`s centimental maybe.

id like to stay at anfeild but, every time there is a game in the epl teams like chealsea arsnal and man u will be makin more money than us in ticket sales, these are our top rivels. we need to equal them
kopite_1232002

Postby ynwa » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:48 pm

i not bothered if they move to stanley park love to have a new stadium but like to see the main stand getting done
walk on walk on with hope in your heart
rafalution
18/5
god is back
ynwa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion