New stadium

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:44 pm

Could someone give some imformation about our proposed new stadium. I have read about it on the liverpoolfc.tv website but it doesn't say when its likely to be built, it looks cool though. Also i have heard something about a proposed ground share with the bitters. I couldn't think of a worse thing to do. How could we turn it into a fortress when the enemy is already within?
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:50 pm

Basically mate nobody outside of the club has got a feckin' clue whats going on at the moment 'cos the club was hoping for funds from an organisation called the NWDA to help with the infrastructure around the stadium but they refused to give that funding and since then the club has gone very quiet about the new stadium; i wouldn't be surprised to eventually find out that the project has gone tits up as the cost of the stadium are currently spiralling out of control and the club really needs outside investment to help fund the stadium. The possibility of either no stadium or a shared stadium may soon loom large on the horizon as the only way a stadium is going to get financial help from the government is for it to be a shared stadium.  :angry:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby blind » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:51 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Basically mate nobody outside of the club has got a feckin' clue whats going on at the moment 'cos the club was hoping for funds from an organisation called the NWDA to help with the infrastructure around the stadium but they refused to give that funding and since then the club has gone very quiet about the new stadium; i wouldn't be surprised to eventually find out that the project has gone tits up as the cost of the stadium are currently spiralling out of control and the club really needs outside investment to help fund the stadium. The possibility of either no stadium or a shared stadium may soon loom large on the horizon as the only way a stadium is going to get financial help from the government is for it to be a shared stadium.  :angry:

nail and head spring to mind
http://www.footballbadgers.com

My eyes are blind but I can see, The snowflakes glisten on the tree(s) The sun no longer sets me free I feel the snowflakes freezing me.

BS vol 4
blind
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Dec 13, 2005 4:14 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:Basically mate nobody outside of the club has got a feckin' clue whats going on at the moment 'cos the club was hoping for funds from an organisation called the NWDA to help with the infrastructure around the stadium but they refused to give that funding and since then the club has gone very quiet about the new stadium; i wouldn't be surprised to eventually find out that the project has gone tits up as the cost of the stadium are currently spiralling out of control and the club really needs outside investment to help fund the stadium. The possibility of either no stadium or a shared stadium may soon loom large on the horizon as the only way a stadium is going to get financial help from the government is for it to be a shared stadium.  :angry:

:censored:, thats not good knews.  :(
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:03 pm

Im not really fussed about a new stadium unless its gonna ttrcat major investment. But its a win win situation for us fans i think cos if LFC decide to not go ahead with the stadium then it will mean most of the £120Million will be given to Rafa to spend. I hope anyway ....
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:13 pm

you can forget building the proposed new stadium while rafa is the boss. we're gonna have to spend about 150 million on a new trophy room.

:D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:16 pm

LOL. I would much rather put the money towards buying more players and giving the squad more depth. Whats wrong with Anfield anyway. Ok its only around 45000 but i like it.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:22 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:Could someone give some imformation about our proposed new stadium. I have read about it on the liverpoolfc.tv website but it doesn't say when its likely to be built, it looks cool though. Also i have heard something about a proposed ground share with the bitters. I couldn't think of a worse thing to do. How could we turn it into a fortress when the enemy is already within?

why do you have glazier as your pic ???? ????
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:25 pm

secret manc ?????? get him !!!!1

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:47 am

Why doesn't Everton, Man U and LFC all ground share?!?!? Yeah, that'll work.

In case you didn't know, I was being sarcastic. :D
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:50 am

Why doesn't Everton, Man U and LFC all ground share?!?!? Yeah, that'll work.

In case you didn't know, I was being sarcastic. :D
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:50 am

Sorry for the double post lads.
You'll never walk alone.

AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Dec 14, 2005 9:58 am

drummerphil wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:Could someone give some imformation about our proposed new stadium. I have read about it on the liverpoolfc.tv website but it doesn't say when its likely to be built, it looks cool though. Also i have heard something about a proposed ground share with the bitters. I couldn't think of a worse thing to do. How could we turn it into a fortress when the enemy is already within?

why do you have glazier as your pic ???? ????

Well he's :censored: up Man U at the moment so i quite like him. Its my sense of humour i suppose. :)
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:27 am

Old ground of my team

Our new ground -1993

The second one might be better, but it's a load of cr*p because it has Athlete tracks and the atmosphere is cold :(
We can't use the atmosphere as weapon any more, you can bet the galacticos were afraid to play in our old ground.

2 years ago, our last corrupt president and actual president of la liga wanted to expand our new one. Their point was to do a round business, but to their pockets.

Finally their corruption was known, he was sacked and the project was turned down.

My points:

* Losing Anfield atmosphere is something we might regret

* Sharing a field with Neverton is a travestry. Betis preffered to be in debt rather than to share the Olimpico of Sevilla.

* When I researched about new stadiums in construction, I learnt that MOST of them had financial troubles, that the budget required multiplied -- Legal issues with neighbourhood merchants and other legal troubles.

So, I'm nobody to say what you must  do, but IMVHO I'd like Anfield be Liverpool's home forever.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Dec 14, 2005 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:28 pm

As long as there is no Athletics track the atmosphere will be fine. The fans must be close to the field.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion