The stadium

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby supersub » Wed May 23, 2012 12:35 pm

'We're making stadium progress'
23rd May 2012 - Latest News
Ian Ayre today insisted Liverpool are continuing to make progress as they edge closer to making a decision over their stadium.

The Club's Managing Director says the Reds are still exploring the two options available to them - redeveloping Anfield or building a new ground in Stanley Park.

"There is progress and we are still in dialogue on both fronts," Ayre said.

"We have got more dialogue going with the Anfield residents than we ever have, as with other stakeholders in and around Anfield.

"We want to explore both options to a solution and I think it's fair to say if we continue making progress in that area, it might move faster than we originally anticipated.

"I think it's also fair to say that we are already fairly well down the line with a couple of major brands who have shown significant interest in naming rights for a new stadium. Part of the problem is that people assume that because we don't make a major announcement, because we can't show any spade in the ground, that nothing's gone on and no progress has been made.

"The most important thing for us, especially under this owner, has been about certainty on the stadium. There's been too many times when people have said 'we're doing this' and then it didn't happen.

"We are not going to make comments that we're doing something until we've got certainty. And that certainty quite often is in other people's hands.

"In the case of staying at Anfield that certainty is with residents in and around that area that we would need to convince. When we have that certainty we will make the announcement and move on it.

"It's only right to make announcements when you've got the right solutions. It's alright for people to say Liverpool's a big football club - 60,000 seats, why don't you just go and get on with it? But go and look at the economics of that - of a £300 million build for 15,000 new seats.

"It's pretty hard to make that stack up. The work is going on and a decision will be announced when we've got certainty."
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 23, 2012 12:50 pm

thats the first bit of good news coming out of the club in ages, it seems like they are seriously considering redeveloping again.
thats one thing i will give FSG  credit for, because they have that fenway park back in the states i do believe they know the importance of tradition at a club.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 23, 2012 1:33 pm

supersub » Wed May 23, 2012 12:35 pm wrote:'We're making stadium progress'
23rd May 2012 - Latest News
Ian Ayre today insisted Liverpool are continuing to make progress as they edge closer to making a decision over their stadium.

The Club's Managing Director says the Reds are still exploring the two options available to them - redeveloping Anfield or building a new ground in Stanley Park.

"There is progress and we are still in dialogue on both fronts," Ayre said.

"We have got more dialogue going with the Anfield residents than we ever have, as with other stakeholders in and around Anfield.

"We want to explore both options to a solution and I think it's fair to say if we continue making progress in that area, it might move faster than we originally anticipated.

"I think it's also fair to say that we are already fairly well down the line with a couple of major brands who have shown significant interest in naming rights for a new stadium. Part of the problem is that people assume that because we don't make a major announcement, because we can't show any spade in the ground, that nothing's gone on and no progress has been made.

"The most important thing for us, especially under this owner, has been about certainty on the stadium. There's been too many times when people have said 'we're doing this' and then it didn't happen.

"We are not going to make comments that we're doing something until we've got certainty. And that certainty quite often is in other people's hands.

"In the case of staying at Anfield that certainty is with residents in and around that area that we would need to convince. When we have that certainty we will make the announcement and move on it.

"It's only right to make announcements when you've got the right solutions. It's alright for people to say Liverpool's a big football club - 60,000 seats, why don't you just go and get on with it? BUT GO AND LOOK AT THE ECONOMICS OF THAT - OF A £300 MILLION BUILD FOR 15,000 NEW SEATS.

"It's pretty hard to make that stack up. The work is going on and a decision will be announced when we've got certainty."

im all for the redevelopment of anfield but thats a huge expense just to gain an extra 15,000 seats when considering you could probably build an 80,000 seater across the park for the same price.
we would be a long time paying off the loan with the revenue those extra seats would generate.
anyway from those comments by ayre we arent any closer than we were a year ago and maybe they just released this to appease the fans as there is nothing concrete in it.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 23, 2012 1:45 pm

I know its not FSG's fault but we've been talking about this stadium for 10 years now.
By the time we get it up and running other clubs will probably have upgraded again and we'll be left behind again.
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby burjennio » Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm

£300m for 15k extra seats works out at £20k per seat.

I just did a quick price check and you can buy a plastic seat on Amazon for about fifteen quid.

Any builders wanna jusify that?  :D
burjennio

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 3:25 pm

You sell the stadium rights to some soft tw@t who covers half the cost etc... come on lads.... lets not act daft.

By the way, Ayres is the master of saying nowt.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed May 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Ayres is like a broken record.

I would have asked him excactly what has moved forward and when, details please.

At this point just saying we are moving forward and discussions are being held is not
good enough, he has told us that before, and the time before that.

Useless, or nothing has actually happended at all.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Wed May 23, 2012 4:46 pm

well well on queue.. REACTIVE.. not PROACTIVE.. that's us all over.. we are a shambles from interviewing nobodies to sombodies and jumping like rotweillers when we are diplasying no leadership or control - EMBARRASSING
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby brentd4 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:02 pm

£300m for 15k extra seats works out at £20k per seat.

I just did a quick price check and you can buy a plastic seat on Amazon for about fifteen quid.

Any builders wanna jusify that? 

you don't just pay for seats, u have to obviously extend the size of the stadium therefore building stands, plumbing, facilities, roofs etc.
brentd4

Postby RichardLFC1 » Wed May 23, 2012 5:07 pm

brentd4 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:02 pm wrote:£300m for 15k extra seats works out at £20k per seat.

you don't just pay for seats, u have to obviously extend the size of the stadium therefore building stands, plumbing, facilities, roofs etc.

He wasnt being serious you goon

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby Boxscarf » Wed May 23, 2012 5:19 pm

This is all hot air I'm afraid, Ian Ayre has said nothing concrete and this will clearly create more discussion about stadium plans. It sounds like they're still on first base about redevelopment i.e. convicing the local residents that it is a worthwhile build and that they will reap the benefits from the expansion of Anfield. There is nothing concrete about what Ayre has said. Until I see builders and diggers moving into Anfield or Stanley Park then I'm not interested in all this blue waffle being spouted.
Boxscarf

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed May 23, 2012 5:32 pm

i think thats £300 million for a whole stadium that has 15000 more seats than anfield not £300 million fo add 15000 extra seats

from the BBC article 'A new ground is likely to cost in excess of £300m to build and would only increase capacity by around 15,000. '
NorfolkRed

Postby burjennio » Wed May 23, 2012 5:44 pm

RichardLFC1 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:07 pm wrote:
brentd4 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:02 pm wrote:£300m for 15k extra seats works out at £20k per seat.

He wasnt being serious you goon

Brentd4 you deserve a good face palming for that comment but I'll let it slide this one time  :D
burjennio

Postby Kharhaz » Wed May 23, 2012 6:19 pm

burjennio » Wed May 23, 2012 2:03 pm wrote:£300m for 15k extra seats works out at £20k per seat.

Any builders wanna jusify that?  :D

Why dont we scrap the seats and go for bean bags instead !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Wed May 23, 2012 6:22 pm

NorfolkRed » Wed May 23, 2012 5:32 pm wrote:i think thats £300 million for a whole stadium that has 15000 more seats than anfield not £300 million fo add 15000 extra seats

from the BBC article 'A new ground is likely to cost in excess of £300m to build and would only increase capacity by around 15,000. '

fazakerly

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion